Mega Thread Venting 360 - Frustration and Vitriol from all angles

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Unleash it all here, It can be a well thought out argument or a lips loose emotional rant

Ill start it off

I have for the first time ever, come within an inch of losing all my faith in the melbourne footy club, i have never seen so many players at once stagnate and fail to make progress, every other clubs players when they get to a certain level stay there and become gun players or at the very least get the most out of themselves

Look at our list and look at the amount of players who peaked and then have just fallen back into average players, or the players with talent who have just never fulfilled it

Nathan Jones is the only guy who has lifted himself to a suitable level and then continually pushed to get better

James Frawley hit a peak when he was an all australian but now is just a run of the mill full back

Jack Watts has been given one of the easiest jobs in footy which is to play loose across half back and rack up cheapies and yet didnt even get 10 disposals today

Colin Garland was once our best full back but now he is barely good enough to play as a 3rd backman

Colin Sylvia.. i dont even need to mention this guy

Mark Jamar was an all aus ruckman but has been horrible since

Lynden Dunn was a high draft pick who continues to be an average player

Aaron Davey went from being THE small forward to a guy who at 29 didnt even make our round 1 team

James Strauss , supposed laser foot who has never impressed at senior level

Luke Tapscott- high draft pick who just doesnt do enough

We have by far the worst midfield in the AFL and when two debutants can step in and become 2 of your best 3 midfielders on the day then you know your officially ****ed.

Im just so despondent that an interstate team can not only beat us at the G but absoloutely ******* destroy us.. even under bailey we could smash interstate teams at the g, I mean were do we go from here, WE are fitter, WE are supposed to be more proffesional, WE have key players in a structure now, WE have had 2 pre seasons 2 get used to Neelds style

And yet we appear to be no closer to improving than we he came in

I feel sick melbourne fc, i was gonna buy an international membership as i live in canada, but im gonna wait a few weeks now

Paul Roos.

We have gone backwards. The old man lived through the 70s and he says last year was the worst he has ever seen.

We also need to ask the AFL for special dispensation to sack 30 players and start again.

I was embarrassed after Jimmy's tribute match last year, this year (after calming down a bit), I am almost numb.

I simply dont enjoy watching football anymore when my team is playing. I got to Hawks matches (wife supports them) - and it is like I am watching a different ball game.

I want to feel that - even some semblance of that.

Game after game. Year after year. Nothing seems to change.

The thing that really irks me the most, above anything else, is that the supporters care more, much more, than the players.

We have pissed away god knows how many 1st round picks over the last decade and have almost nothing to show.

Something is rotten at the MFC.

Good post nickgrant69. Agree with most if not all of it.

For me the one that stands out is bloody Jack Watts. He is the poster boy of everything that's wrong with the MFC at present. High draft pick, skilled, but absolutely no ticker. Does not care about losing (fact). He'll be in the rooms now thinking about which poncy private school nightclubs sell the cheapest Bacardi Breezers on a Sunday night. He's another Travis Johnstone but worse.

Viney can hold his head up high. Even with our proven track record of ruining young players, I don't think we'll be able to stuff this one up. He's made of the right stuff.

We really missed a trick not signing Ross Lyon at the end of 2011. Neeld's mean cliches were great in building hope but at the end of the day he has actually taken us backwards while Lyon has already turned a flaky side (like we were) into a probably powerhouse in 2013.

Paul Roos.

We have gone backwards. The old man lived through the 70s and he says last year was the worst he has ever seen.

We also need to ask the AFL for special dispensation to sack 30 players and start again.
The thought actually went thru my mind too - a mutiny of sorts.

At any rate, there are a lot of players that deserve to be dropped this week. I hope Neeld shakes it up a bit, and doesn't fall into the old "too many changes won't do any good" line of thinking. We just lost to Port at home by 13 odd goals. It won't get any worse even if the entire Casey side runs out next week.

Can someone seriously tell me why I should turn up now?

I'm over this. Absolutely and utterly over this. To think that I'll go through this for another five years, another ten years is just a joke.

I bought a membership. I don't know why.

Mark Neeld is almost certainly a terrible coach. Came in too tall from the start i was saying it all week, need to drop one of sellar and pederson, though both were ordinary. Get Dunn and Gillies out of that backline and shift Grimes to half back again since we have very ordinary smalls back there. Also what the * is Rodan doing in at centre bounces half the time?!??!? Neeld has lost his s**t, he's clearly proving himself to be a bad match day coach and a worse coach at the selection table. Sharpening my pitchforks now, what an absolute joke of a team. Too slow, Poor decision making and basic skill errors to go with no spread and no defence i just do not understand how you can be as bad as we were today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone seriously tell me why I should turn up now?

I'm over this. Absolutely and utterly over this. To think that I'll go through this for another five years, another ten years is just a joke.

I bought a membership. I don't know why.

I feel exactly the same.

The club is very lucky I paid up last month.

It's time like this that I have terrible thoughts like it would serve the club right to have to fold. To have 25,000 people turn around and demand their membership money back, and to just be forced to cease to exist.

What a rotten, rotten football club.

From 1987 to 2006 we made the finals 13 times, and the longest period without playing finals was 3 years (1995-1997). We are now staring down 7 years without playing finals, and even worse on today's performance is that we seem to be as hopeless as at any stage in the last 7 years. I love the club, but sure do feel incredibly envious of supporters of any club that has won in a flag since I started following the Dees in 1987. I'm have no confidence that we will win one in my lifetime and I'm only 41.

I think 3 things should happen:

1. Supporters should be yelling at the supposed 'players' faces

2. Like one except with physical abuse.

3. Take the players out back and shoot them.

If Melbourne wins less than 6 games this year. I'm gone.

6 games? Better go now and save yourself the trouble. If we get reamed by Port, where the HELL do you see 6 wins coming from?

I think the worst thing is that I actually don't want to head to the match next week, cos I know how much it will hurt. Immense frustration that is just sustained year after year. The deepression is strong with this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back