Game Day Venting board

Remove this Banner Ad

How the * can our entire midfield not show up for the GF?

How the * can we kick it to contests where we are outnumbered long down the wing for 4 quarters?

Pick an outside mid that had a good game? All of them shat the bed.

You ******* campaigners. Start a god damn fight. Fire up. Do SOMETHING.

Or just keep repeating the same ******* 2nd quarter. Cos that worked so well.

Otten replacing McGovern was a ******* horrendous decision and we managed to hide just how terrible it was in the Geelong match because were were utterly dominant.

It was just one part of the loss but **** it was such a dumb, safe, horrible move
It was obvious during the season that the biggest problem when Otten, Jenkins and Walker are inside the 50 is that if the midfield is denied quality ball use then the lack of pace and pressure in our forward line becomes a huge issue.

None of them can take a contested mark and they provide little to no forward line pressure. Unless they're getting silver service from our mids or Tom Lynch they become ineffectual and it's been like that all year.

We got away with playing Otten against Geelong, but sooner or later it was going to come back and bite us.

On SM-G935F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They dead set thought it would be a training drill.

And that big donkey Jenkins can get ****ed. Built like a brick shithouse and plays like a fairy. I understand you aren't capable of taking a grab but crash a pack you flog

**** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ******** **** **** ****

TL;DR

FFS learn to use paragraphs.

How the **** can our entire midfield not show up for the GF?

How the **** can we kick it to contests where we are outnumbered long down the wing for 4 quarters?

Pick an outside mid that had a good game? All of them shat the bed.

You ******* campaigners. Start a god damn fight. Fire up. Do SOMETHING.

Or just keep repeating the same ******* 2nd quarter. Cos that worked so well.

Was M Crouch even on in the 2nd quarter ?

We need an enforcer

It's just surreal. I worried that the Crows might stumble, but after two amazing games, I couldn't believe they wouldn't turn up completely focused and switched on. I was sort of confident they could win, but the results turned out the complete opposite to what I thought would happen. How could Richmond beat the Crows by 8 goals?? I'm still in a state of disbelief.

Hate the fact that non-Crow supporting "friends" are now having little digs by liking horrible anti-Crow, pro-Tigers posts on Facebook. Angry that a poor performance by a bunch of footy players can affect my mood for the rest of the weekend, and weeks ahead.
Summed it up well for me. Upset, deflated, shattered. Not because we lost but because we didnt bother to turn up

Congrats to Richmond , enjoy the win .

And now the cockroaches are scuttling out of the dark . GAGF

unfortunately we were the hunted not the hunter,we unbelieveably were not in the right head space and believe all the media hipe.i really lay a lot of the blame on the s a media the players just start to think this is just going to happen. typical adelaide fish bowl.
well done richmond,you throughly deserved it!

We need an enforcer
Ridiculous post, one of very few that could hold their head high after yesterday. Leading disposals for both teams, top 5 for tackles on the ground, top 5 for contested possessions on the ground, top 5 for clearances on the ground, top 5 for goal assists on the ground, top 5 for Inside 50's on the ground, Number 1 for Rebound 50's on the ground [let that sink in, more Rebound 50's than any defender on the field, not one of our defenders made the top 5], top 5 in metres gained [414] on the ground.

xTqCHp.png

YvCjKI.png

I thought Pyke got outcoached

Not the lead up or the selections but the game day. I dont know what the messaging was, whether it was about calmness and preparedness or something else. I mentioned before its difficult to tune a person up so they play at their peak mentally but it didnt work.

Fumbly nervous lost. Not at all like we have been.

Then the game day stuff. Brown ( I think without watching replay) took most of the kickouts and looked lost. 80% looked to be short pocket kicks.

Richmonds tactics against Tex were never countered. They double teamed Tex and one shepherded and one took the mark. Where was the instruction to hurt that player? You want to stand there be prepared to be hurt. Where was the instruction to barrel Dusty? You have sore ribs, lets see shall we.

Richmond played like there was no next week , Adelaide played like they had a game next week to be ready for. Who cares if you dont play round 1 2018.

I thought our midfield were beaten , which was always possible , but there was no hurt for Richmond. Bruise free football. Which brings me to the forwards. And thats all I will say

I have to look at the replay but I can guess who Bachar Houli stood. Because he had so much room as a defender to run off and create he was in my Norm Smith calculations most of the day. Its not Ottens fault ( if thats who Houli as on) because if I was Hardwick I would have done the same.

Play that 10 times Crows win 7. Yesterday wasnt one of them

Ridiculous post, one of very few that could hold their head high after yesterday. Leading disposals for both teams, top 5 for tackles on the ground, top 5 for contested possessions on the ground, top 5 for clearances on the ground, top 5 for goal assists on the ground, top 5 for Inside 50's on the ground, Number 1 for Rebound 50's on the ground [let that sink in, more Rebound 50's than any defender on the field, not one of our defenders made the top 5], top 5 in metres gained [414] on the ground.

xTqCHp.png

YvCjKI.png

No
You took it the wrong way!
I seriously meant it - it looked like he was in the bench for ages in the 2nd quarter.

And FYI point me in the direction of any posts where I have a crack at our players ?

Settle

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No
You took it the wrong way!
I seriously meant it - it looked like he was in the bench for ages in the 2nd quarter.

And FYI point me in the direction of any posts where I have a crack at our players ?

Settle
I took it the same way 99% of people reading it would have mate, you needed to be clearer with your message but all good,

Otten replacing McGovern was a ******* horrendous decision and we managed to hide just how terrible it was in the Geelong match because were were utterly dominant.

It was just one part of the loss but **** it was such a dumb, safe, horrible move

dumb, safe, horrible move. This.

It was gutless. During the entire year, the Club believed on Thursday selection night that no changes was always the best approach despite passengers when we were winning. So when the need to find replacements for Smith, Gov, Sloane happened we didnt get games into players that we should have trialed.

I noticed after our NM debacle earlier in the year, heads didnt roll when we played Melbourne the following week. A Melbourne side without Hogan. They still smashed us.

Thats how the team responds to a humiliating effort the week before. Selectors didnt send a message that pathetic efforts will not be rewarded.

In addition the Club didnt select sides tactically, they allowed the same winning team to remain unchanged. Which is why players like Otten and 400kay kept getting games.

I took it the same way 99% of people reading it would have mate, you needed to be clearer with your message but all good,
thought it was quite clear ...and was directly after a comment I quoted about the second quarter ....
So I'll ask again...

Was Matt Crouch even on in the 2nd quarter ?

dumb, safe, horrible move. This.

It was gutless. During the entire year, the Club believed on Thursday selection night that no changes was always the best approach despite passengers when we were winning. So when the need to find replacements for Smith, Gov, Sloane happened we didnt get games into players that we should have trialed.

I noticed after our NM debacle earlier in the year, heads didnt roll when we played Melbourne the following week. A Melbourne side without Hogan. They still smashed us.

Thats how the team responds to a humiliating effort the week before. Selectors didnt send a message that pathetic efforts will not be rewarded.

In addition the Club didnt select sides tactically, they allowed the same winning team to remain unchanged. Which is why players like Otten and 400kay kept getting games.

Going unchanged after winning in a final is fine if you are getting a fully even contribution and it tactically makes sense.

I deluded myself into thinking Otten was contributing and would provide something against Richmond. I was horribly wrong

thought it was quite clear ...and was directly after a comment I quoted about the second quarter ....
So I'll ask again...

Was Matt Crouch even on in the 2nd quarter ?

I don't lay s**t on my players ....
Of course he was but there have been other occasions this year where he's started on the bench at the start of quarters which surprises me given he's coming off an extended break. Can't see the strategy in it myself.

Bravo on the good season and the ability of your club to stay in contention and develop new players.

Unfortunately, your side didn't adapt it's game style to the conditions yesterday.

It probably doesn't sit well today, but I think most of you would have copped a grand final appearance two seasons after losing the best player in the comp. It's a good result. Stay dynamic and keep developing.

Going unchanged after winning in a final is fine if you are getting a fully even contribution and it tactically makes sense.

I deluded myself into thinking Otten was contributing and would provide something against Richmond. I was horribly wrong

I wasnt happy with Otten being in the team ever in terms of a tactical position against Richmond in a grand final. Pyke went for the safe easy selection, when a few astute posters were questioning the wisdom in not having a smaller more mobile player instead. I know it wouldnt have made a difference in the end, but maybe we would have been closer than a 8 goal bashing.

I wasnt happy with Otten being in the team ever in terms of a tactical position against Richmond in a grand final. Pyke went for the safe easy selection, when a few astute posters were questioning the wisdom in not having a smaller more mobile player instead. I know it wouldnt have made a difference in the end, but maybe we would have been closer than a 8 goal bashing.

Oh I know, I would have selected Menzel for the Geelong match which would have flowed on to the GF

Oh I know, I would have selected Menzel for the Geelong match which would have flowed on to the GF

Not only that, but why was there madness in keeping the same 21 week in week out even if we were winning and no injuries. Passengers in winning sides needed to be dropped.

so much hard fighting work all year only to 'burn it off' on one Saturday arvo
Pike to 'soft' on passengers, must become ruthless
Tex is a great Captain .... for North Broken Hill FC

its bloody near soul destroying ... for your footy soul i mean
bugger it, im having a joint to dream of a different scene

So glad that I didn't spend the 2k per ticket offered to me by the scalpers to watch that shite.
So gutted. We were outplayed and out coached and out supported.
I hate living in Melbourne to be continually subjected to this VFL favouritism crap.
Wasted year.
Back to embracing mediocrity I suppose.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

We need an enforcer

Absolutely.
I've already expressed my disappointment about Tex, the one player who can be and who should be playing this role. He didnt turn up.

I've also been saying we need more players with "man bodies and not boy bodies". Take a good look at the physical shape of our team. Milera, Cameron, Brown, Atkins, MacKay, Seedsman, Lever, Knights.....all have bodies that dont hurt the opposition when they tackle. I am not talking about their ability to tackle ( although some are questionable) but more about the physical impact when they do tackle. Sloane is an example of what we need more of. His aggressive attack on the ball and his impact when he makes contact with the opposition.

Anyway what really pissed me off about yesterday is that despite having the better team, the more skillful team, the team that should have been the more highly driven team (given our experiences in the past few years) we got run over, pushed aside by a team that had a greater desire to win, a desire to win at all costs.

Go back 20-40 years. The one club I hated in the SANFL was Port Adelaide but you have to give them credit and admire their determination. They didnt have the most skillful players in the competition yet they won so many GF's. Why? I am not saying that their players didn't have skills but the one thing that Port had was guts and determination. Aggressive attack on the ball (many of us would say aggressive attack on the opposition player). To me its the one element of our game that we dont currently have.

Everyone say's we dont want to see players get hurt. What does that mean. Is it that we dont like to see a player tear his ACL or break his leg in half or suffer what Niel Sachse did. If that is what everyone means then I agree. But does that also mean that we dont want ant to see the hard, heavy hitting tackles which might result in a broken collar, broken ribs, or the player having to leave the field. So long as the tackle is within the rules. Players dont deliberately go out to break ribs but they should go out and attack the ball at all costs and if the ribs break as a result then so be it. Thats part of the game.

I believe we have a team that has the skill sets to win the GF. We need some adjustments to our list but the biggest change I want to see is more of our players becoming far more physical.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back