Vent Vents and Regrets (2020 Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You got Hamill too? I thought I was the only one.
Watched a few vids of him read the Adelaide game day thread...thought the kid has a nice kick, should get a heap of ball in the Crow defence....man last weeks trades were a pile of steamers.

Worst Eva.

Watched a few vids of him read the Adelaide game day thread...thought the kid has a nice kick, should get a heap of ball in the Crow defence....man last weeks trades were a pile of steamers.

Worst Eva.

Im just glad im not alone with him haha

I wasnt even gonna take him but took the risk after Howe went down and he was all I could afford for Comben as Darcy Cameron was already locked in.
He actually did well in the first qtr and looked to be on his way for a solid rookie score. Luckily its only concussion so still a chance to play this week just have to hope they give him another shot if he misses a week but surely they do since the crows are so bad at the moment.

Im more worried about Laird to be honest. Crows were 2 men down and he was still warming the bench alot of the game. I can see everyone on the crows board wants him dropped and maybe Im being biased coz I have him but he seems like the least of their problems considering their forward line is horrific and they cant win a effective clearance to saves themselves. Not sure how dropping Laird is suppose to help with either of those things.

Last edited:
Conor Rozee is the worst thing I have ever done in 10 years playing this game. Never ever ever again.

Averaging 140. Trade him in and get a combined 83 points from 2 games.

Yeah that's another big regret of mine, I don't have enough trades to get rid of him though so just have to hope he can turn it around.

Worst Eva.
Cleavland?

Trading in Bont for Howe instead of Ridley. +160k - 70 points. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not a good first impression as first time owner he completely gave up tonight. Clayton Oliver showed more fight against a tag than that. Absolutley ******* pathetic.

Also Macrae not tonning up tonight was a ******* joke by CD but I got bigger problems.

s-l300.jpg

A vent with some regret, but don't we all have some this year?

I was planning all week to trade Sam Sturt. and Curtis Taylor out. I had gone against the wisdom and was aiming to bring Louis Butler and Jack Mahony in, opening up DPP links and building a warchest for next week, where I aimed to be ready for Elliot Yeo.

Then the rumour started that Sturt was inline for a return.

Hearing that news, Max King was then the one to make room for Butler/Mahony in place of Sturt.

Then thursday hit, and with it, carnage. I had Noble, Rivers, Williams and Brander all in defence. I could not be sure if Rivers was final 22, and was hoping Noble would get a lifeline.

In any case, I decided it was prudent to wait, and kept King. Williamson, at any rate, didn't appeal to me. King was a massive success as E, and with Comben F6, things were okay.

But I was still looking at two doughnuts in defence.

Friday night came and went. Tyler Brown failed as E, but Budarick failed to beat him. Fortunately, Rivers was in. The next morning was my last hope; BJ Williams would have to be a late in. If not, I'd have to grab a defender to avoid a doughnut. I contemplated making no trade and just taking it. Eventually, I discovered that Hamill had missed most of the game, and at $130k, was cheapest by a mile.

The question was, who was I to trade to get him. As it stood, I had two options. Curtis Taylor and Brander. Taylor had the higher BE, but was playing, and Max King had scored well against the dogs. Brander wasn't playing, but left flexiblity for trades in subsequent rounds. Additionally, there was a question of when he would return. In the end, keeping Sturt in reserve at F7 instead of on field with no cover swung the decision. Brander went out to Hamill.

Having missed Ridley, much of my trading choices revolved around whether or not I'd be able to trade him in next week. In the meantime though, there was another I had been keeping a watch for. Elliot Yeo was about to bottom out, and I wanted to jump on him.

But I was exhausted. I had been up all night, and Yeo had a manageable BE next week. At any rate, I wouldn't be able to get both, though I debated whether or not to pick Mahony over Serong for the extra $$$, I calculated that it would be unlikely to make a difference, especially as I would have to take Tyler Brown down anyway.

Settling on Serong, I still needed $$$. Pickett was emergency. But Pickett to Serong gave me a measley $25k. The extra $$$ might have been critical the next week.

Exhausted, and about to fall asleep, I contemplated setting an alarm for the Roos game, but thought I might sleep through it. I pulled the trigger, and traded Taylor to Serong.

That very second, I flicked over to a live blog and found that Rowell had done his shoulder. The extra $$$ that trading Taylor had procured might very well be irrelevant, should Rowell need trading.

Of course, you know the rest. I woke at half time, with Taylor 50 and Mahony 40. Mercifully, Mahony stopped, but Taylor didn't, and I've now missed a massive score in a week of carnage and $$$.

To add salt to the wound, had I chosen to trade Pickett to Serong instead, I would have benched Budarick.

All in all, despite the carnage, I got tremendously lucky in comparison to some.

PS: I just had to laugh. A week after I trade him out, Houston scores a great ton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do I start with Round 5..

Sookily - I used to think Isaac Peeney was the most conditional footballer in the comp. Then I remembered you exist. I've never seen any kent so unwilling to attack the footy at ground level and I've watched every Carlton game for the last 20 ******* years so trust me mate I have seen some s**t. Your old club Keilor would drop you to the ******* 2s if you put in an effort like that and basically ran away from the pill every time it wasn't kicked directly on top of your smug head. GAGF

Starfish - no wonder you hardly played a game at AFL level until this year. You're playing in the best side in the comp, surely you have enough talent in that spudtastic body of yours to run around and pick up some cheapies? Lachie Neale does it every couple of minutes, you have the perfect role model! But instead you churn out a glorious 30 and completely blunt your cash generation so now even if I could trade to do someone worthwhile I can't. * off

Nathan Buckley - imagine dropping John Noble and retaining Mason ******* Cox on a dewy night - actually, no, imagine retaining Mason Cox altogether. Your backline clearly isn't complete without it's collection of peroxide blondes (that's why you lost Bucks, food for thought) and with Howe now dead Noble is mandatory to ensure at least 3 of those flogs are in D50 at all times. Bring him back in, the poor kent might get a tan now that you're getting out of Victoria for the first time in 5 years

Rivers aka the Ghost aka Casper - you're just s**t. You're probably going to be dropped this week and * up my trade plans just like every other dud rookie or injured premo so far this year. I have nothing else to say. campaigner

Spudarick - see the Ghost. Thanks for spudding up the same week as Starfish and the same week your teammate died so now you've all got massive BEs and I have to pick one of you *ers to hold and watch bleed cash for the foreseeable future.

Last but not least...
Marcus. Marcus Bontempelli. Flog. campaigner. Whatever you like to be called. Averages 114 last year, Champion Data lovechild, new captain of his footy club. Surely should take his game up a notch, right?

Wrong.
I have never seen a captain, not in my lifetime, just give up half way through a game the way you did on Saturday. How the * a supposed "elite" midfielder gets tagged out of the game by LUKE ******* MCDONALD of all kents has got me ****ed. Champion Data kiss you on the pecker and sing you sweet nothings every week and yet you still can't find it within yourself to average the ton. 55 on Saturday? Fifty-five? FIFTY. FIVE. People compare you to Patty Cripps yet even when he plays s**t (ie most of this year) you still aren't fit to tie his bootlaces. Pull your ******* finger out Marcus. This one's for you.
alf punch2.gif

*breathe*
Alright. Hopefully I don't have to come back here next week. You're all on notice you useless *s. :moustache:

Sookily - I used to think Isaac Peeney was the most conditional footballer in the comp. Then I remembered you exist. I've never seen any kent so unwilling to attack the footy at ground level and I've watched every Carlton game for the last 20 ******* years so trust me mate I have seen some sh*t. Your old club Keilor would drop you to the ******* 2s if you put in an effort like that and basically ran away from the pill every time it wasn't kicked directly on top of your smug head. GAGF

Starfish - no wonder you hardly played a game at AFL level until this year. You're playing in the best side in the comp, surely you have enough talent in that spudtastic body of yours to run around and pick up some cheapies? Lachie Neale does it every couple of minutes, you have the perfect role model! But instead you churn out a glorious 30 and completely blunt your cash generation so now even if I could trade to do someone worthwhile I can't. fu** off

Nathan Buckley - imagine dropping John Noble and retaining Mason ******* Cox on a dewy night - actually, no, imagine retaining Mason Cox altogether. Your backline clearly isn't complete without it's collection of peroxide blondes (that's why you lost Bucks, food for thought) and with Howe now dead Noble is mandatory to ensure at least 3 of those flogs are in D50 at all times. Bring him back in, the poor kent might get a tan now that you're getting out of Victoria for the first time in 5 years

Rivers aka the Ghost aka Casper - you're just sh*t. You're probably going to be dropped this week and fu** up my trade plans just like every other dud rookie or injured premo so far this year. I have nothing else to say. campaigner

Spudarick - see the Ghost. Thanks for spudding up the same week as Starfish and the same week your teammate died so now you've all got massive BEs and I have to pick one of you f***ers to hold and watch bleed cash for the foreseeable future.

Last but not least...
Marcus. Marcus Bontempelli. Flog. campaigner. Whatever you like to be called. Averages 114 last year, Champion Data lovechild, new captain of his footy club. Surely should take his game up a notch, right?

Wrong.
I have never seen a captain, not in my lifetime, just give up half way through a game the way you did on Saturday. How the fu** a supposed "elite" midfielder gets tagged out of the game by LUKE ******* MCDONALD of all kents has got me f’ed. Champion Data kiss you on the pecker and sing you sweet nothings every week and yet you still can't find it within yourself to average the ton. 55 on Saturday? Fifty-five? FIFTY. FIVE. People compare you to Patty Cripps yet even when he plays sh*t (ie most of this year) you still aren't fit to tie his bootlaces. Pull your ******* finger out Marcus. This one's for you.
View attachment 906856

*breathe*
Alright. Hopefully I don't have to come back here next week. You're all on notice you useless fu**s. :moustache:

giphy.gif

Sookily - I used to think Isaac Peeney was the most conditional footballer in the comp. Then I remembered you exist. I've never seen any kent so unwilling to attack the footy at ground level and I've watched every Carlton game for the last 20 ******* years so trust me mate I have seen some sh*t. Your old club Keilor would drop you to the ******* 2s if you put in an effort like that and basically ran away from the pill every time it wasn't kicked directly on top of your smug head. GAGF

Starfish - no wonder you hardly played a game at AFL level until this year. You're playing in the best side in the comp, surely you have enough talent in that spudtastic body of yours to run around and pick up some cheapies? Lachie Neale does it every couple of minutes, you have the perfect role model! But instead you churn out a glorious 30 and completely blunt your cash generation so now even if I could trade to do someone worthwhile I can't. fu** off

Rivers aka the Ghost aka Casper - you're just sh*t. You're probably going to be dropped this week and fu** up my trade plans just like every other dud rookie or injured premo so far this year. I have nothing else to say. campaigner

Spudarick - see the Ghost. Thanks for spudding up the same week as Starfish and the same week your teammate died so now you've all got massive BEs and I have to pick one of you f***ers to hold and watch bleed cash for the foreseeable future.

Last but not least...

Wrong.
I have never seen a captain, not in my lifetime, just give up half way through a game the way you did on Saturday. How the fu** a supposed "elite" midfielder gets tagged out of the game by LUKE ******* MCDONALD of all kents has got me f’ed. Champion Data kiss you on the pecker and sing you sweet nothings every week and yet you still can't find it within yourself to average the ton. 55 on Saturday? Fifty-five? FIFTY. FIVE. People compare you to Patty Cripps yet even when he plays sh*t (ie most of this year) you still aren't fit to tie his bootlaces. Pull your ******* finger out Marcus. This one's for you.
View attachment 906856

*breathe*
Alright. Hopefully I don't have to come back here next week. You're all on notice you useless fu**s. :moustache:
Glorious.

giphy.gif

Last but not least...

Wrong.
View attachment 906856

*breathe*

giphy.gif

All week I had planned to trade Starcevich to Ridley and Rowell to Yeo, with a few K left over. I just needed one of Noble, BJ Williams and Rivers to be picked.

Of course, when they weren't, I had to use Pittonet over Starcevich to get Yeo to avoid a doughnut, and I didn't even loop Starcevich just in case Noble was a late in, thinking it'd be more sensible to loop Noble if that were the case.

Starcevich started strong but did nothing after 5 minutes.

All week I had planned to trade Starcevich to Ridley and Rowell to Yeo, with a few K left over. I just needed one of Noble, BJ Williams and Rivers to be picked.

Of course, when they weren't, I had to use Pittonet over Starcevich to get Yeo to avoid a doughnut, and I didn't even loop Starcevich just in case Noble was a late in, thinking it'd be more sensible to loop Noble if that were the case.

Starcevich started strong but did nothing after 5 minutes.

Starcavich has to go now but who to when we have made stuff all money from these rookies? 🤪

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back