Vent Vents and Regrets (2020 Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Syrah

Club Legend
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Don't know why I bother planning trades...
Last week was looking at butler > hawkins but thought 'No I will give him one more chance and not trade recklessly' bc finally team coming together nicely. Cost me 150 pts, 2 league matches and $100k if I bring him in this week.
Plus have Sicily, McPherson, Simpson and Mitchell!

Don't know why I bother planning trades...
Last week was looking at butler > hawkins but thought 'No I will give him one more chance and not trade recklessly' bc finally team coming together nicely. Cost me 150 pts, 2 league matches and $100k if I bring him in this week.
Plus have Sicily, McPherson, Simpson and Mitchell!

What happened to Mitchell?

Sherman41

Norm Smith Medallist
May 3, 2006
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
Biggest regret is trading out Brayshaw to Wingard.
I’ve lost about 300 points since making that trade in round 3 which has cost me a place in top 500 as a result.
Got to love hindsight.

But in saying that I’m still hopeful that Wingard will lift for SC finals.

Last edited:

jdwood

Club Legend
Aug 8, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Essendon
After the extended hiatus I traded:

- Brayshaw for Ceglar. Actually Paid money to do it. Since then, Ceglar has become Bailey Smith. Blown 2 trades, a heap of cash and bunch of points.
- McCluggage for Viney. Viney is now Tom Mitchell. Again, 2 trades, cash and points down the drain.

AngryRanga

Yo Yeah
Sep 6, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Toby Greene, Man City, Timberwolves
My vent is that this season shouldn't even be canon. I chose not to trade Draper in to cover Gawn, because I'm running out of trades. Oh look, the magic trade fairy gave me 3 more trades! I'm sure when everyone is struggling they'll give out a 300k stimulus in 3 rounds time. You can't have any sort of competitive integrity running it like this.

Oct 27, 2014
M15
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Bucks
i forgot about this one.

there i was, sorting out my starting forward line. dusty and whitfield were locked in, but the third premo was a tough choice. i tossed and turned for nights and nights, spooled through the marsh cup highlights, read breakdowns and examined cba stats.

now petracca had played well, very well, but there was a player with two 110+ scores, a young man from the gold coast suns with low ownership, a great finish to the 2019 season and low time-on-ground numbers. a safe pick, but pod-y enough to make my team stand out.

so i overlooked christian petracca and chose the great white hope:

darcy macpherson.

* me

last week upgraded Bailey Smith to Petracca who scored less both weeks.
this week Dev to Hawkins. This really doesnt belong here though because all week I was going to trade him to Parker or Cogs now that would have been a true disaster.

Why is it always just like clockwork they force you to eat s**t the second you make the trade?

But im certain in the alternate timeline where I held them I would have been down 50+ again like I had been for the past month.

My choice was too go Bailey to Petracca or Hurn to Gull. Ofcourse with the news of a scan and the upcoming bye I chose wrong now I will never have the Gull. Speaking off why the * did I choose to start tissue man Shitfield over the Gull?

Now because I blew 400k on upgrading under performers the best I can afford to compelete my team is Chad ******* Wingard. I hope he is rage traded on mass this week so I can trade him in for a ton coz thats the stupid logic you have to apply to this ridiculous game.

Last edited:
Let’s update this campaigner

NicNat 5gm average of 87 prior to trade.
(Gawn was averaging 160)

Trade NicNat>Gawn ($790k)

Gawn dead.

NicNat 146 129 153 147
(144avg since trade)

fu** YOU NICNAT

Stuffed up last week's trades ....

Cottrell looks a bust.

Had a convo with myself who to trade out of Chad or Serong....well Serong a rookie BE over 100...

Well who to get and who's had their bye....oh Luke Parker...

Serong 88.
Parker 70.

FFS.

Sorta wanted to hold Serong for the year , but thought he done he's job ...and JOM INJ Chad on ball ....ahhh no..

Chad to Boak would of been the move...had Boaky last year and avg 80 for me.

Parker probably going to avg 80. For me now..

NicNat 5gm average of 87 prior to trade.
(Gawn was averaging 160)

Trade NicNat>Gawn ($790k)

Gawn dead.

NicNat 146 129 150 (141avg since trade)

fu** YOU NICNAT

That's brutal .

NN almost avg double now.

Fuuuu brutal....

Held Wingard instead of trading to Zerrett (via DPP wizardry) like I intended.
Middle of the last quarter, Zerrett is 134. Wingard 44.

FML. FMSC. Toys are out of the cot. Dummy is spat. Hissy fit activated.

Now to use that cash to trade McPherson to some spud Defender. Steven May maybe. Pray for me.

EDIT: Traded Dev Smith weeks ago, should have moved on this Chad c*cksmoker instead.

1598687056532.png

giphy.gif

can only sit back and laugh at this point

Held Wingard instead of trading to Zerrett (via DPP wizardry) like I intended.
Middle of the last quarter, Zerrett is 134. Wingard 44.

FML. FMSC. Toys are out of the cot. Dummy is spat. Hissy fit activated.

Now to use that cash to trade McPherson to some spud Defender. Steven May maybe. Pray for me.

EDIT: Traded Dev Smith weeks ago, should have moved on this Chad c*cksmoker instead.

Chad is a coke smoker.

May is a FUUU gun tho...not a coke smoker.

Jul 30, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Set the scene...on top of the league, controlling the season, 9 trades left with Neale and Laird on the bye. $300K cash spare, looking good.
Opposition had 18 players only, with Sidebottom, Laird and Neale on the bench.
Thursday night ended slowly with Ridley and Nicnat (VC) disappointing.
Friday was a cluster f@#k with Smith, MacRae (C), and Duncan poor - Stewart OK.
OK, time to assess. Should I just take a loss, and keep all trades (and Neale/Laird)? No, just trade Neale to Jelly (has to be a super lock top 6 mids). What could go wrong. 75 just before half time, about to lock out the win in leagues and that big bastard Mummy knocks out his own captain...wtf...
OK, time to reassess. Should I just take a loss, and keep spare trade (and Laird)? No, just trade Laird to McDonald (5 tons in 6 and playing Gold Coast). Arrghhh 94? 18 kicks 9 handballs. 3 effing points short...
End of week, qualifying finals in two weeks (including one against my 9yo son...arrrggggghhhh) with 2 upgrades and six trades left...
So close, yet sooooo far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back