Vents and Regrets Thread 2019 Edition

Shannon Hurn

• H2TYW was right and I'm a smart Kent for not listening to him but now feel silly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is good, he just doesn't play or train regularly enough to hit peak form. Solid pre-season with no injuries and he's a top 5-10 forward no question.

Therefore he isnt good. As in a good selection. We all know he can play that is the beauty of the trap lol

Thanks man! I often get those "tl;dr" replies on forums and especiallyon facebook when I make long posts. I'm at my computer though rather than typing on my phone so I like to delve into my thoughts on things, regardless of how many people care to read it all or not. I always like when other people do the same thing and try to encourage people to do so.

Sometimes I still get surprised when people say I rattle on for too long because I really don't spend a lot of time making long posts. I get on a roll very easily. Today's generation just wants something that takes 5 seconds or less to read or they're not interested. Whatever. I don't cater to the masses and don't ever care to. People now expect you to make your point in the topic title and often don't even read the actual content of your post. Attention spans are at an all time low in society.
tl;dr

I regret having Newman and Worpel in my side right up until the last week when I bought into the talk about them not being good picks and instead went with......Heeney and Mills.

I don't regret my mid-price madness approach as I'm not in it to win it and I find the old guns & rookies strategy boring. It makes this game much more fun and interesting to take risks.

I seriously thought Goldstein would be a good pick as I'd heard he'd been playing injured and had gone through a messy divorce which also affected him in 2017 and 2018. I thought with North willing to let go of Preuss that Goldy was good to go another few years. I thought with the whole dual ruckman approach most teams seem to be taking that North stood out as one of the few sides going with one main ruckman and a backup ruck that wouldn't be stealing many points (Campbell). It may be a bit too early to make this call, but I watched the North Brisbane game and Goldy looked absolutely COOKED. The Big O absolutely stitched him up in the 2nd half. Goldy could barely jump, hell, he could barely move! He looked good in JLT and scored 100 last week, but I think you gotta make these corrective trades early and especially before players drop drastically in price and you have much fewer trade options down the line.

So I've got 189k in the kitty and had planned on trading Heeney to Danger as Heeney is playing deep forward in a bottom 4 side and Danger is Danger, however, I'm thinking a better move will be to go Heeney to Tim Kelly and Goldstein to Grundy. Even if Heeney ends up going into the midfield and Goldy gets back on track and averages say 95-100 I still think this is a pretty fool-proof trade. Sure, it's costing me 2 trades, but I can't possibly see how this could be a bad move in anyway. But having now made 4 trades I'm gonna be conservative and try not to make any more trades until the byes unless the rookies have made enough cash to do the old downgrade/upgrade.

Ok I don't disagree that Goldy looked very average, but the Big O was 85% forward in the 2nd half? Was rarely on Goldy?

The other thing that worried me was that Goldy had 3, maybe 4 clean hitout wins that the Lions midfield sharked. Goldy has Cunnington, Higgins to hit it too but most other of the North mids aren't primary ruck-rovers. I guess that's 15-20 points lost (3-4x 5 points for HTA, 3-4x -1 points for hitout to opponent?). I like that Goldy won the hitouts but don't like that the Brisbane midfield isn't especially dominant (or at least it hasn't got the runs on the board to be considered so), and so it could happen consistently.

Ok I don't disagree that Goldy looked very average, but the Big O was 85% forward in the 2nd half? Was rarely on Goldy?

The other thing that worried me was that Goldy had 3, maybe 4 clean hitout wins that the Lions midfield sharked. Goldy has Cunnington, Higgins to hit it too but most other of the North mids aren't primary ruck-rovers. I guess that's 15-20 points lost (3-4x 5 points for HTA, 3-4x -1 points for hitout to opponent?). I like that Goldy won the hitouts but don't like that the Brisbane midfield isn't especially dominant (or at least it hasn't got the runs on the board to be considered so), and so it could happen consistently.

Maybe I saw more of the first half than I remember, but I seem to remember at like 5 or so ball-ups in a row in the 2nd half that the big O won the hit-out with absolute ease, so I don't know what the stats say but that's what I remembered from that game. Goldy looked like he could barely jump. He was sharing the ruck with Campbell and he looked absolutely knackered in the 2nd half. It's probably too early to make the call, but I'd just rather not take the gamble on him. I'm in a good position to make the trade now so I'm gonna go ahead with it.

Super Coach aside, I like Goldy and hope he can rebound from that game and get back into good form. I like how bold North have been with their re-build in the last few years and hope Goldy can hold-up while they re-build.

Meanwhile I had TKelly all week and then 5mins before cats game rnd1 switched to Mundy
How good is sc

Similar story. Had Worpel instead of Mundy, and Mills instead of Hanley. Last minute swaparoo, and kapow!! Missed the Mills bullet, but copped the Mundy/Hanley ones. At least Hanley is cheap.....

Dusty, Heeney, Dunkley, Higgins over Neale, Telly, Boak, Worpel. Had the ones I don't have in place of the ones I have throughout the pre-season.
Has cost me 305 points in total and I'd be ranked in the top 400 now instead of 40k. It's just ****ed how much a difference 3-4 player decisions can make.

Regret Darling over Boak for obvious reasons. Boak averaging 130 makes it difficult to justify trading him in too now because he's hardly going to keep that going and I just get a 95 average while everyone else gets the 390 points he has scored.

Scrimshaw over Rozee this round hurts too. Figured the extra 30k would come in handy in regards to cash generation. Didn't factor in a ******* dominant 5 goal effort from Rozee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regret my trades this week
Heeney/Robinson to Lloyd/Worpel
Unless Worpel goes massive going to have been a downtrade this week but think I will be better long term I hope otherwise will be trading back in....

Regret my trades this week
Heeney/Robinson to Lloyd/Worpel
Unless Worpel goes massive going to have been a downtrade this week but think I will be better long term I hope otherwise will be trading back in....

Not starting with any of the following

Lloyd, Whitfield
Fyfe, Macrae, Neale
Telly, Boak

Also

Trading IN Newman last week
Trading OUT Heeney this week

Paying 1.1mill for Laird & Dunkley for 70's and 80's

Oh and to the 20k+ Kents who broke Rocky this week, I hope you choke on a bag of chols.

Lloyd, Whitfield
Fyfe, Macrae, Neale
Telly, Boak

Also

Oh and to the 20k+ Kents who broke Rocky this week, I hope you choke on a bag of chols.

Ouch who did u trade Heeney too?

Lloyd, Whitfield
Fyfe, Macrae, Neale
Telly, Boak

Also

My regrets as highlighted but started with the others.

I justified not starting with T.Kelly as that would have meant having Dangerfield, Heeney and T.Kelly all out during their bye.

Boak I wasn't convinced could keep it up once Wines came back. Wrong there.

I should have started with at least one of Lloyd or Whitfield which I feel like is a huge mistake now.

But then I wasn't convinced on Sheed, B.Crouch and Libba sustaining their scoring and thought they would just need to be upgraded anyways so went with 6 mid premos.

Looks like I have assumed just about everything wrong.

Damn this bloody game. :(

Last edited:
Picking LDU over Rozee.

LDU has gone back to being the dud he was last year.

Season over....

Mid 60s from 9 touches.

He'll go back to 15 touches next week and that's an easy 80 for someone as skilled as him.

Scott would need to be institutionalised if he drops him too - needs a player who can execute basic skills going inside 50 because North don't have many otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back