Vents and Regrets Thread 2019 Edition

Shannon Hurn

• H2TYW was right and I'm a smart Kent for not listening to him but now feel silly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate.

Just gonna have a good break from it all now, add things to my sc 2020 notes (never again list, players to pick, preserve trades, etc) and hopefully come back next year with some better luck.

giphy.gif

Biggest mistake players

Rory Laird: Started with him as he usually is pretty good. Underwhelming year by him was around 570 k to.
Devon Smith: Thought he would replicate his great form last season I was wrong. Brought Kelly in for him once injury hit.
Scott Lycett: Started with him then upgraded to Gawn. Big mistake should of switched him forward and upgraded ROB.
Tom Libreatore: Brought him in when cheap and he burnt me.

Best players I missed out on
Zac Williams
Gryan Miers
Callum Wilkie

It’s easy to say what you regret with the benefit of hindsight, but it’s a benefit you don’t get to call on when making your moves.
Veered off a little toward entertaining value this year, would probably veer back more toward getting the best as long as the cost isn’t too exorbitant.
Am keen to try starting with a larger kitty and stacking the side with more rookies and seeing if the early losses can be made up once they start to appreciate as an experiment, would be fun to give that a go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s easy to say what you regret with the benefit of hindsight, but it’s a benefit you don’t get to call on when making your moves.
Veered off a little toward entertaining value this year, would probably veer back more toward getting the best as long as the cost isn’t too exorbitant.
Am keen to try starting with a larger kitty and stacking the side with more rookies and seeing if the early losses can be made up once they start to appreciate as an experiment, would be fun to give that a go.

I still think the best mix is 3 guns up back, 5 in the mids, 2 in the rucks and 3 up forward.

Also 2 or 3 good mid pricers are vital like your B.Crouches and Sheeds.

I will be using this as a template next year with Doherty and Mitchell being 2 heavily discounted gun starters.

Last edited:
I still think the best mix is 3 guns up back, 5 in the mids, 2 in the rucks and 3 up forward.

Also 2 or 3 good mid pricers are vital like your M.Crouches and Sheeds.

I will be using this as a template next year with Doherty and Mitchell being 2 heavily discounted gun starters.

Yeah, reckon that is a sound blueprint, will be interesting to see DPP status or otherwise of Marshall and any offseason moves, e.g., but I guess ponying up for Grawndy is probably the starting configuration there.

Trading in Ziebell ahead of Marshall 2 weeks ago. I figured for a lot less cash Ziebell would average around the same as Marshall for rest of season.

Thanks mate.

Just gonna have a good break from it all now, add things to my sc 2020 notes (never again list, players to pick, preserve trades, etc) and hopefully come back next year with some better luck.

Ive never been one to ask for more or unlimited trades except for the stupid weekly limit but reckon in time they do it. Its a game that kicks you in the balls as it is. They just make it harder to stay interested longer. Hopefully they leave is with 30 even if the byes are scrapped.

To the top 1%'s that horde trades thinking of replying to the counter. * u I dont wanna hear it or see it.

Ive never been one to ask for more or unlimited trades except for the stupid weekly limit but reckon in time they do it. Its a game that kicks you in the balls as it is. They just make it harder to stay interested longer. Hopefully they leave is with 30 even if the byes are scrapped.

To the top 1%'s that horde trades thinking of replying to the counter. fu** u I dont wanna hear it or see it.

I used to play when you get 20 trades per season and still had trades available for finals. Although you weren't supposed to field a full premo team in those days.

I think I suffered this season thinking 30 trades were too many and burnt around 5 of them.

The injury rate sure has spiked up on 10 years ago.

I used to play when you get 20 trades per season and still had trades available for finals. Although you weren't supposed to field a full premo team in those days.

I think I suffered this season thinking 30 trades were too many and burnt around 5 of them.

The injury rate sure has spiked up on 10 years ago.

Yeah I remember the 20 trades days. I never had a full premo team ever. But rookies werent priced at 200k.+ and he had the gc gws intros.

To the top 1%'s that horde trades thinking of replying to the counter. fu** u I dont wanna hear it or see it.

30 trades isn't enough mate for trading entrepreneurs such as my good self. 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back