Vents and Regrets Thread 2019 Edition

Shannon Hurn

• H2TYW was right and I'm a smart Kent for not listening to him but now feel silly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really not that upset - Likely that they'll end up as the seasons highest scorers which was why I made my own decision to bring them in.

If you trade them out and they start performing again your team is basically ****ed. You might even need more then 4 trades to get it done properly.

It's disheartening that in round 1 I did so poorly and yet I have no regrets (other than poor starting rookie choices).

Oliver was trite. But I don't regret it. Gawn and Grundy, I don't regret it. Danger and Heeney, I don't regret it. They'll all have to have terrible performances in round 2 before I start using the r-word around them.

The closest I have to regrets are Brad Crouch and Zac Williams.

I kind of hoped Brouch could match his brother but I think those round 1 scores from Matt, Sloane and Laird will be a trend in many games for Adelaide, where they'll squeeze out the supporting cast to middling 90s and low 100s. Thing is, I still don't like Libba; Rocky is untrustworthy; and I have no idea how or if Gaff will impact Sheed, at least not until it's too late. So I guess I am riding out Brouch for a while unless I blink and trade for Sheed before lockout (maybe he'll wind up the better stepping stone, but then I've burned two trades on that position and that defeats the purpose).

And Zac Williams I had backed to be a top-ten defender this year, and while I could only watch his scores tick over and not his actual game, I just don't know if he actually has that in him. But is Newman going to be any more consistent? I don't know if he's worth the sideways trade.

Guess I can regret my structure. I've usually had 5 premo mids and the amount of 150s this week from mids kind of shows why scooping up as many of them as possible is worth it.

Yeah I can see Zac Williams being one of my first upgrades to Lloyd probably. Well him or Brodie Smith.

I spent the last night before round 1 tossing and turning over who start between Smith and Williams and after this week I still have no idea if I made the right choice.

They scored the same, and Smith is cheaper so an 80 average is better for him, but at the same time he didn't set the world on fire either. If anything they each confirmed by late held belief that neither would be worth starting.

I spent the last night before round 1 tossing and turning over who start between Smith and Williams and after this week I still have no idea if I made the right choice.

They scored the same, and Smith is cheaper so an 80 average is better for him, but at the same time he didn't set the world on fire either. If anything they each confirmed by late held belief that neither would be worth starting.

I dont regret starting them yet far better options than a rookie coz you know we had to spend the money on Gawndy after all. Smith was never going to be a keeper for me. I thought Williams would be after his impressive first JLT even though I was cold on him before that.so will be annoying if he sticks to this 80-90 average and not taking any kick outs still.

Yeah I remember Williams having a pretty deadly kick a while back and just assumed he'd take all the kick outs now that Shaw is so old and been out of form for a while. But Shaw's still running things down there and Zac's kicking was junk today. Didn't like the look of Ridley too much either but at least he was only 200k.

You don't seem to understand that everyone else will trade them in at a cheap price, so you've lost $150,000 to $200,000 after round one.

I've been playing SC for 11 years, I'm pretty sure I know how this game works better than someone like you who only started playing SC for the first time this year.

Last edited:
Just did a panic trade Oliver out for M. Crouch. Freed up a bit of cash for the future. Still not sure about Miles but with the extra cash l have l can now look elsewhere if his score decides to drop off...

Just did a panic trade Oliver out for M. Crouch. Freed up a bit of cash for the future. Still not sure about Miles but with the extra cash l have l can now look elsewhere if his score decides to drop off...

Pointless trade

******* Oliver. Had Macrae over him most of the preseason but that included Gibbons on the bench who I didnt rate and wanted butters instead.
So I had to choose between downgrading Collins to a bargain priced rookie or Macrae to Oliver. Ofcourse I kept Collins and on field and switched Macrae to Oliver. A kick to each testicle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* Oliver. Had Macrae over him most of the preseason but that included Gibbons on the bench who I didnt rate and wanted butters instead.
So I had to choose between downgrading Collins to a bargain priced rookie or Macrae to Oliver. Ofcourse I kept Collins and on field and switched Macrae to Oliver. A kick to each testicle.
Poor Test Tickle
Talking about kicking a man when he's down

I've started Fyfe and Bont each of the last two years, and traded Oliver after round 4 both years.

Decide to start Oliver for the first time and ditch Fyfe and Bont, and THIS HAPPENS!?

Biggest regret is not starting Harry Taylor

Playing key back will average 80+ and make 150k

Went d4 collins d5 scrim d6 Clark
Over
D4 Taylor d5 Clark d6 duursma

Thought having duursma on the bench looked stronger but oh well

On the positives for 2020
Rance docherty and doedee all mid pricers? 🤪 backs will be better next year haha

I`d be astounded if this is still a regret in 3 weeks.

Trading out Salem and Newman before the opening bounce. Settling with a couple of rookies who could be ok, but when you need the points (like I do), I am now going to have to burn two unnecessary trades, maybe even downgrading some guns I wouldn't have otherwise had to do. That's supercoach. Another year and another F up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back