Vents and Regrets Thread 2019 Edition

Shannon Hurn

• H2TYW was right and I'm a smart Kent for not listening to him but now feel silly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Another reminder of how Brayshaw derailed my season. Was tossing up between Sloane & Brayshaw for M4 a week out from Rd1 as they were the same price. Ultimately chose Brayshaw in the end as I had the Crouch brothers already and thought 3 Crow mids might have been overkill and was bullish about the Dees prospects (team bias?) Had I taken Sloane instead, I'd be 372 points better off and be ranked in the top100 right now.

It seems like it's only ever two or three 50/50 calls that hold me back from contending most years. Heeney > Worpel in Rd3 for instance netted me the 130k cash grab I was looking for at the time and I have broke even points wise, but Boak was the other option for a 60k grab who came out flying with a new SC friendly midfield role and scores to match, but again my own personal bias (being burned trading Boak last year) clouded my judgement which contributed to making the incorrect 50/50 call. Get that call right along with the Brayshaw/Sloane call and I'm top10 right now. Not trying to be a hindsight hero or anything, just acknowledging that personal bias has been my Achilles heel.

I like to think I take emotion out of the equation and put personal feelings aside when choosing fantasy players, but it's difficult to be completely unbiased. :rainbow:
Guess that's been the difference for me coming in as a 1st year player and not having those crap past experiences that undoubtedly affect those 50/50 decisions. That being said, I've had to take notice of a lot of the comments on this board because of my inexperience and have probably let some of the posters' biased opinions affect my decisions, although I have tried to be as impartial as I can.

I think not starting Gawn has cost me around 275 pts (I started English, went to BigBoy in rnd 4 then to RO'B rnd 5) but I don't know if it's a regret. The 400k cash grab financed 4 upgrades and allowed me to get to full premo at the end of the byes, plus RO'B has gained nearly 400k. I do regret trading Balta out then trading him back in, did the same with Hore, didn't cost anything in $ but wasted trades. I had Boak in my team all preseason as well as Libba but dropped them the day before rnd 1. Started Mills and the Hoff instead.

Currently ranked just inside the top 1k after dropping 260 odd places last round mainly cos of the Cogs donut.

Guess that's been the difference for me coming in as a 1st year player and not having those crap past experiences that undoubtedly affect those 50/50 decisions.

Currently ranked just inside the top 1k after dropping 260 odd places last round mainly cos of the Cogs donut.
giphy.gif

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
Traded Brodie Smith out 3 weeks ago... FML

Same.

Kept Hore over Smith during the byes as Smith was scoring like a rookie.

Smith killing it now and Hore injured!

I trade Hore and now don't have a trade to trade out Cogs.

F@rk this game! 😭

Same.

Kept Hore over Smith during the byes as Smith was scoring like a rookie.

Smith killing it now and Hore injured!

I trade Hore and now don't have a trade to trade out Cogs.

F@rk this game! 😭
Traded smith brought in Laird , not in the same week, wasted a trade for less points :mad:

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Every campaigner for convincing me sloane was the real deal this year. Have had 2 dud scores out of 3 so far. He still can’t handle a tag

You should be blaming yourself for not backing your own instincts and for being so easily led, not blaming others for your own indecisiveness. You made the choice to ask for and take the advice given to you by others! *in own it and take responsibility for your own decisions FFS. So sick of people blaming others for their own SC shortcomings.

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
You should be blaming yourself for not backing your own instincts and for being so easily led, not blaming others for your own indecisiveness. You made the choice to ask for and take the advice given to you by others! fu**in own it and take responsibility for your own decisions FFS. So sick of people blaming others for their own SC shortcomings.
its a vent thread man.
is this really the right place to be calling people out for the rationale behind their frustrations?

Sounds exactly like my year. Ranking?
Well, I guess I have made up some ground, but going from 60k to 45k feels like making up no ground. Probably more reflects how many people above me dropped out

I had the opportunity to go Logue to I.Hill (bench) & Stack to Marshall this week... I played conservative thinking I'd need to hold my trades... Have a feeling that it might cost me as much as 100 points after Marshall is done with English tomorrow.

Meanwhile. Logue makes exactly $0 while Stack loses money, meaning I can't make exactly the same trades next week.

Jun 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Regrets? Playing SC.

Hore, Jelly, Cogs, Fyfe, Impey and Hurn all injured in the last 3 weeks.

Logging out of sc for the year now, just don't care anymore.

Will be good to have my weekends back...
thats ******* rough.
commiserations kent :(

Mar 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Supercoach GRIM REAPER!!!!!
thats ******* rough.
commiserations kent :(

Thanks mate.

Just gonna have a good break from it all now, add things to my sc 2020 notes (never again list, players to pick, preserve trades, etc) and hopefully come back next year with some better luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back