Vents and Regrets Thread 2019 Edition

Shannon Hurn

• H2TYW was right and I'm a smart Kent for not listening to him but now feel silly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
The Gawn-Goldstein story sums up my entire SuperCoach career

Round 1 begins and I have Todd Goldstein to accompany Brodie Grundy in ruck. Max Gawn is great but I can't spend $1.4 mil on two rucks. Goldy averaged 110 after the bye last year, the prawn will continue to dominate taps to his midfield that can't do anything besides win a hard ball.

Weeks pass and Max Gawn's slow season start picks up momentum. Is getting 140+ every single week and my opponents all have him C and here I am with sucky Goldstein scoring 90's 100's and nothing more with a 66 and 79 thrown in for good measure.

Every week I'm kicking my own ass for not having Gawn. I'm furious to have to watch this prawn Goldstein who I can't stand. I'm desperate to ship this campaigner off for the last time, so I never have to watch his useless ass go around ever again. I'm getting slaughtered in my leagues every week because Gawn is their C and going 140+

I make the promise after 8 or 9 rounds that come the bye rounds, I'll make the switch from Goldstein to Gawn no matter the price.

In the time I have Goldstein,
Goldstein - 13 games, 101.23 average
Gawn - 13 games, 119.46 average

Round 14 comes, hallelujah I dump one of my precious remaining trades and $150k in salary but I don't care. Gawn is now mine and I never have to give that disgusting lanky piece of garbage any thought for the rest of my life. I ignored some serious team needs to make what is becoming a 30 point-a-week upgrade

Since then,

Max Gawn - 116 average and a one week injury. Included in that 116 average is a 46 for which I had him captain.
Todd Goldstein - 113 average and no flipping injury. All consistency throughout.

So in the end, I used $150k and a valuable trade for a loss in points (bc of injury) AND I got stuck with Answerth on field as a result because I ran out of trades in the end.

GOLDSTEIN WHY THE * DO YOU ONLY SUCK WHEN I HAVE YOU??? YOU STUPID USELESS PRAWN NOW I'M PROBABLY GOING TO PICK YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR

goldy.PNG

* you you big s**t head

Round 1 begins and I have Todd Goldstein to accompany Brodie Grundy in ruck. Max Gawn is great but I can't spend $1.4 mil on two rucks. Goldy averaged 110 after the bye last year, the prawn will continue to dominate taps to his midfield that can't do anything besides win a hard ball.

Weeks pass and Max Gawn's slow season start picks up momentum. Is getting 140+ every single week and my opponents all have him C and here I am with sucky Goldstein scoring 90's 100's and nothing more with a 66 and 79 thrown in for good measure.

Every week I'm kicking my own ass for not having Gawn. I'm furious to have to watch this prawn Goldstein who I can't stand. I'm desperate to ship this campaigner off for the last time, so I never have to watch his useless ass go around ever again. I'm getting slaughtered in my leagues every week because Gawn is their C and going 140+

I make the promise after 8 or 9 rounds that come the bye rounds, I'll make the switch from Goldstein to Gawn no matter the price.

Round 14 comes, hallelujah I dump one of my precious remaining trades and $150k in salary but I don't care. Gawn is now mine and I never have to give that disgusting lanky piece of garbage any thought for the rest of my life. I ignored some serious team needs to make what is becoming a 30 point-a-week upgrade

Since then,

Max Gawn - 116 average and a one week injury. Included in that 116 average is a 46 for which I had him captain.
Todd Goldstein - 113 average and no flipping injury. All consistency throughout.

So in the end, I used $150k and a valuable trade for a loss in points (bc of injury) AND I got stuck with Answerth on field as a result because I ran out of trades in the end.

GOLDSTEIN WHY THE fu** DO YOU ONLY SUCK WHEN I HAVE YOU??? YOU STUPID USELESS PRAWN NOW I'M PROBABLY GOING TO PICK YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR

View attachment 725713

fu** you you big s**t head

SPHIhO0GFlvNAV3SnZY2oQanpNqdKpF_NAe8r43GNNeaBa1MB2QvFOCYcDh1Abx8grt3oj5YsIdbklVUJLI0GUAdzExqP5yEXZJZmmUWaVHSxy0=w500-h281-nc

Jan 18, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Since then,

GOLDSTEIN WHY THE fu** DO YOU ONLY SUCK WHEN I HAVE YOU??? YOU STUPID USELESS PRAWN NOW I'M PROBABLY GOING TO PICK YOU AGAIN NEXT YEAR

View attachment 725713

fu** you you big s**t head

I've had so many fails like this this year it's freaky.

Like you I ditched Goldy at his bye (in my case for Grundy at least - I had Gawn from R1).
Picked up Cripps at the byes to complete my midfield when I could have taken McCrae instead.
Picked up Hurn just before he got injured and started spudding.
All season I was harping on about Lloyd being unable to sustain his freakish seagull output. Eventually I have to make him one of my last upgrades - of course we know what happens next.
Got Sicily just before Clarko tried to turn him back into a forward.
Chuck in the Hoff/Lycett shenanigans (I've had both at various times this year)

Amazing I'm still ranked around 4k and I feel like I want to tank the last 2 rounds.

Hell of a season.

Round 16, Tom McDonald goes bananas but does his knee so I have to trade him out.

I had around 420k for a FWD and thought by getting this guy in that he could be a half decent POD as his recent form had been decent.

Screenshot_20190814-084859_SuperCoach.jpg

I could've picked punchable but I started with him this year and he burnt me pretty quickly so I didn't want to risk it again.

This was punchables previous 5 rounds

Screenshot_20190814-085930_SuperCoach.jpg

This is how he has done since:

Screenshot_20190814-085321_SuperCoach.jpg

And this is how the flog in my team has done since I traded him in

Screenshot_20190814-085429_SuperCoach.jpg

Get Alfed Jy Simpkin you kent. Also get Alfed punchable for burning me twice in one season.

Dec 3, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
Round 16, Tom McDonald goes bananas but does his knee so I have to trade him out.

I had around 420k for a FWD and thought by getting this guy in that he could be a half decent POD as his recent form had been decent.

View attachment 726228

I could've picked punchable but I started with him this year and he burnt me pretty quickly so I didn't want to risk it again.

This was punchables previous 5 rounds

View attachment 726233

This is how he has done since:

View attachment 726230

And this is how the flog in my team has done since I traded him in

View attachment 726231

Get Alfed Jy Simpkin you kent. Also get Alfed punchable for burning me twice in one season.

That's how many points you missed out on... in case you wanted to know the exact amount.

Yes, I also traded out Punchy (in Rd14)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Looking at my 30 trades now 🤢🤢
I know it’s hindsight
But now it’s hurting
Brought in Sloane round 16 for 618 points since over treloar who’s scored 884 those 266 points would have me 1082nd overall instead of 2k 😩😩
Also cunners can get f’d for his 95.7 average after I brought him in 😂

Little things like that can make or break a guy in the top 1k
Learnt a lot this year though and I thank all you guys for the help.

Hopefully still qualify for a few big footy leagues in 2020
All aboard the tiger train now!!

Last edited:
Regretted making stupid mistakes to knock myself out of my main cash league PF
1. Used the captain option too early - had VC Gawn (129) and risked by captaining Cripps (85)... I could have waited to see how the PF was playing out and could have captained any of Fyfe, Macrae, Dunkley. But, I had a flight to catch so wanted to get captain over and done with before flying off
2. Trading out Taranto and fielding Sheed (if I've flipped this, it would have been enough to win the PF) - and of course I knew GWS was going to play GC in RD23, but I was focusing on getting the best points on the field RD22 first to make the GF! FMD - what a stuff up!

Nov 21, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal FC
I lost my PF by 2 pts.

2 ******* pts

* you Blakely, * you Hinkley for playing Gray in the ******* goalsquare, * you helmeted midget and most of all, * YOU JOSH KELLY YA campaigner. I held you all this time for 80 ******* pts - go tear another calf muscle you soft****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back