Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Scott Cummings said man buns are a "scouge on society"

Hutchy pronounces "ecosystem" as "echo-system". Shits me. Is that another one of his Yankisms?

This one is such a doozy -- particularly because it's by a newsreader -- that I had to record it. She pronounces "ombudsman" as "ohbundersman"
Farking hell! Where do they GET these children to read the news?!! :D

Malthouse is on 774 slaughtering the english language as I type this
He's a bit of a shocker. He routinely says, "it's a mute point, comrardy-ship" and "mediocrassy". It's not right that he was earning probably 20 times as much as me. :)

I remember years ago, Eric Bana did a send-up of a 'typical' footy coach that was clearly Malthouse, but I can't find it. It was on whatever comedy show he was on.

Last edited:
Dal Santo - we've come off two seasons
- Now, at the time it caused a puzzled look, but more I look at it the more it could be ok. Though something still irks me. I am thinking it should be "We came off two seasons...."

This doozy from jessy williams
“It was an interesting situation, I was currently in the US when it all happened,” the Aussie star told Fox Sports’ League Life.
- i read, re-read and re-read that numerous times. I now have a headache.

Not a verbal faux pas, boganism or cliche but an example of somebody getting their players with the last name of 'Hodge' mixed up.

Former Wallaby Jeremy Paul was on Bill and Boz last night. They were talking about how the QLD Reds new coach Brad Thorn has sent Quade Cooper to club rugby. JP was adamant Quade Cooper should be able to be of some use to the other 3 Aussie super rugby franchises, namely the Melbourne Rebels so he can be a mentor of sorts for Rebels youngster Reece Hodge. However, Jeremy Paul was talking about how good it would for Luke Hodge to learn from somebody of Quade Cooper's experience.

Paul Roos was on Triple M yesterday. It was does my farkin head in how dumb he sounds. Constant upward inflections make him sound like a Valley Girl.
I'm not saying he's dopey, but he speaks on radio like he is

I heard that too, he always sounds kind of whiny and bored to me.

At the other end of the spectrum from the meathead footballers you have the AFL apparatchik types. Just heard an interview with Nicole Livingstone re AFLW. 'What do you make of the Katie Brennen situation?' "I've learned not to worry about anything I don't have control over". Nice cop out. 'What have you learned from your time in the job?' "I've learned that we have a passionate group of people involved in AFLW and that you can't please everyone". Great insights there. 'What's next for AFLW?' "We're going to review everything to do with it as it's very male dominated, even down to the language used". Stand by for ten years hard labour if you refer to an AFLW player as a ruckman. Just a whole bunch of weasel words, absolutely nothing useful from the interview.

At the other end of the spectrum from the meathead footballers you have the AFL apparatchik types. Just heard an interview with Nicole Livingstone re AFLW. ....
Yeah, she's seems pretty smart. She speaks very well, but she's sure got the spin and cliches down. She could easily be a politician

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam McLure just then on C7 talking about young Marshall from Port.

Informed us that Marshall is from Deniliquin here in Victoria.

I heard that too, he always sounds kind of whiny and bored to me.

At the other end of the spectrum from the meathead footballers you have the AFL apparatchik types. Just heard an interview with Nicole Livingstone re AFLW. 'What do you make of the Katie Brennen situation?' "I've learned not to worry about anything I don't have control over". Nice cop out. 'What have you learned from your time in the job?' "I've learned that we have a passionate group of people involved in AFLW and that you can't please everyone". Great insights there. 'What's next for AFLW?' "We're going to review everything to do with it as it's very male dominated, even down to the language used". Stand by for ten years hard labour if you refer to an AFLW player as a ruckman. Just a whole bunch of weasel words, absolutely nothing useful from the interview.

I'm waiting to hear about a commentator , 'Beautiful kick. Hit her lace out on the tit!'

Scott Cummings said man buns are a "scouge on society"

Hutchy pronounces "ecosystem" as "echo-system". Shits me. Is that another one of his Yankisms?

This one is such a doozy -- particularly because it's by a newsreader -- that I had to record it. She pronounces "ombudsman" as "ohbundersman"
Farking hell! Where do they GET these children to read the news?!! :D

She should also lose her job

Remove this Banner Ad

Back