Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sosos

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
I swear I heard Kane Cornes say, in relation to whether Collingwood preferred a tall defender more than a midfielder ( May vs Beams discussion), "Collingwood came into this (the trade period) "needing a need"

Teagueeee15

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Carlton
Terry Wallace was on trade radio comparing the Bulldogs forward line upon the completion of the trade period to how it was in the 2016 Grand Final. He got to Tory Dickson and comments that Dickson “was 3 or 4 years younger back then”

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Thread starter #2,931
Campbell Brown was on SEN on Friday. The topic of Batman movies came up during a quiz. I'd say he Googled Christian Bale and looked at some of his movies, then read out...."he was in The Mackinist", aka "The Machinest" :D

sosos

Club Legend
AFL Club
Carlton
Campbell Brown was on SEN on Friday. The topic of Batman movies came up during a quiz. I'd say he Googled Christian Bale and looked at some of his movies, then read out...."he was in The Mackinist", aka "The Machinest" :D
And....when asked who his favourite Batman was replied with "Heath Ledger". When Huddo pulled him up, he said he didn't like Batman movies because they were "sci-fi".

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Thread starter #2,933
And....when asked who his favourite Batman was replied with "Heath Ledger". When Huddo pulled him up, he said he didn't like Batman movies because they were "sci-fi".
That's right, he was on a roll. :D If he's on all week this week, we should get quite a few doozies

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Thread starter #2,936
Russell Robertson joked about how out of shape he is for a charity run he's doing, when he said "I might need a refibrillator"

Ouch,. :D

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Canucks, South Fremantle
Reporter on Channel 7: "Wayne Bennett spoke with a rare level of candidness." Erm, candour gone?
Regrettably, candidness is ok with autocorrect :(
I think both are legitimate and while I prefer candour, you'd drive yourself mad sweating these when listening to sports media.

It's probably already been mentioned, but Mark Hutchings' name has an ing in it. He's a West Coast premiership player, not the oxygen rich brother of a deceased Australian musician.

Bumpswithagrin

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Bushrangers Tottenham Hotspur
News item yesterday on 3AW about who would replace Mark Taylor on the CA board started with, "retired tennis player Simon Katich... " (not sure if it was Tony Tardio or David Armstrong).

Last edited:

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Richmond
Thread starter #2,941
This little one from Michael Zappone a few weeks ago amused a bit. When asked if Usain Bolt would make it in the A-League, he said, "well, that's the big question mark." No, it's a whole question, not just a question mark :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom