Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm really missing Eloise Soiher on Fox Sports News. She's hot and her inability to read an auto-cue made her a prime candidate for something worthy of this thread.

Deliverance

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2011
MCG
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Not sure of her name, but the chick who does traffic/news on SEN can barely pronounce anything correctly.
She reported on someone getting a Noble Prize the other day, instead of Nobel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs_R_Us

Space Traveller
May 3, 2001
Sirius - the Dogstar
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Commentators calling kicks balls. Christ it’s ridiculous. James Brayshaw last the worst offender. When has a short or long kick become medical or wood tool terms. Seriously it’s either a long or a short kick
I've got to the stage where I turn the commentary down to below the level where I can hear what they are blathering. Brayshaw is quickly reaching Derwayne levels of unbearableness.

Club Legend
Mar 29, 2010
Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Manchester United
Twice tonight I’ve heard Brayshaw saying Player X is Bodylining the ball. It’s not cricket numbnuts ya flog

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can't believe the amount of times he says 'footy', 'footy club', 'look' (e.g. 'they get another look at goal'), 'extraordinary', 'ability' and 'real'. Nothing wrong with these words in isolation, but you don't need to hear them 100 times a game. Lots of repetitive words, without much substance in his commentary.

Top Bottom