Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

I wish I could remember who the Eagles were playing, maybe Sydney.

Commentator, again, not 100%, either Taylor or Bruce and I can't even remember the Eagles player who kicked it, but I remember clearly what was said. For the sake of the argument, I will say it was Shannon Hurn.

'Hurn puts it up Naitanui from behind.'

There was no pause between the first statement and the second, it just flowed as one.

I wish I could remember who the Eagles were playing, maybe Sydney.

Commentator, again, not 100%, either Taylor or Bruce and I can't even remember the Eagles player who kicked it, but I remember clearly what was said. For the sake of the argument, I will say it was Shannon Hurn.

'Hurn puts it up Naitanui from behind.'

There was no pause between the first statement and the second, it just flowed as one.

Was it dry weather football?

Brown butchers the language so much he could have a whole thread dedicated to it.

Jonno just takes ARF measures at actually speaking English.
'E doesn't realise there are 26 letters in the alphabet, 'as no use for H ;). It's actually rather endearing, 'e seems to be a genuine sort of bloke, would be the same in any company.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

apparently, and it was played on SEN this morning, his sister or sister in law provied him with a clip of how to pronounce it.

to be fair to basil it aint easy to pronounce, but broken down it is
Hope the guy doesn't complain to the human rights commissionl that he's been humiliated in his workplace by having his name mispronounced. (Remember, it has happened :smirk: )

Hope the guy doesn't complain to the human rights commissionl that he's been humiliated in his workplace by having his name mispronounced. (Remember, it has happened :smirk: )

Giannis Antetokounmpo? I really dont think he'd care in the slightest about what happens here

How does one pronounce era? Error? /Gary lyon
Ha, don't get me started. :D That Americanism shits me, and is near rampant among sport commentators. I assume it's partly because a lot of them watch US sports a fair bit, but also, like Hutchy, many of them think that everything that happens in American sport is awesome and should adopted by Aussie sports.

Ha, don't get me started. :D That Americanism shits me, and is near rampant among sport commentators. I assume it's partly because a lot of them watch US sports a fair bit, but also, like Hutchy, many of them think that everything that happens in American sport is awesome and should adopted by Aussie sports.
i dont think lyon watches any sport other than afl.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back