Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure who the triple commentator was on last nights game describing a ruck dual between Hickey and The Package - not verbatim but pretty close:

"there's 10 centimeters height difference between them - thats nearly a foot!"
The sad thing is you could have imagined any of the 3 saying it

Nick Dal Santo: “He has an injury to his pectorial muscle”.

Hmm, I suspect Nathan Brown may be even dumber than he's previously let on. :tongueoutv1:

Yesterday on Triple M, Howie was hanging sh1t on him for putting statements to, rather than asking questions of, interviewees. He was doing that, but big deal; heaps of people do it. Anyway, Nathan's response was: "No, they were questions; each one could have a question mark at the end. If they were the statements, they'd have an apostrophe at the end."
WTF!?!! :grinv1: And I think he said twice.

Firstly, I'd say he's mixed up apostrophes with exclamation marks, and secondly, exclamation marks are seldom used at the end of statements.

Last edited:
Like many others, on TFS Matthew Lloyd referred to Australian rules football as 'AFL'.

"My son is playing his first game of AFL this morning", then it cuts to footage of a ten year old running around playing junior suburban Aussie rules football.

I don't say I'm playing NBA when I shoot a few hoops down at the local stadium.

Like many others, on TFS Matthew Lloyd referred to Australian rules football as 'AFL'.

"My son is playing his first game of AFL this morning", then it cuts to footage of a ten year old running around playing junior suburban Aussie rules football.

Yes because that would be ridiculous, you're clearly playing in the NBL

I often go for a quick Formula 1 down the shops to get a paper

one wonders why the AFL heavyweights have not ordered by decree that the sport is termed aussie rules.

one also wonders if people playing the sport of rugby league say they're playing NRL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Halftime on MMM Nath Browns saying Mumford this Mumford that oh he’s not playing. Then Darcy says that’s the biggest Clanger of the year then they all have a big laugh. Well guess who wasn’t laughing, Me I thought it was totally unprofessional.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Halftime on MMM Nath Browns saying Mumford this Mumford that oh he’s not playing. Then Darcy says that’s the biggest Clanger of the year then they all have a big laugh. Well guess who wasn’t laughing, Me I thought it was totally unprofessional.
Yes, funny, and shabby of him. However, sorry to nitpick, but he said it before the game and they replayed it at half-time

Yes, funny, and shabby of him. However, sorry to nitpick, but he said it before the game and they replayed it at half-time

That’s correct I didn’t include that bit. Unprofessional of me also.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The newsreader April can't speak properly or pronounce words properly and it's pissing me off.
She cannot pronounce any word ending in 'ing' and sounds like she has a mouthful of marbles.
Her voice is so bogan. It's awful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back