Rusty Brookes

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 9, 2001
Preston
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Hawthorn, Manningham Cobras
I'm sure I heard this one from BT last night in the Port-Dogs match. Buku Kharmis lining up for goal (paraphrasing here):

This man has kicked 10 goals, one in the past two weeks in the reserves. Here he is lining up for his first goal in football.

So all those junior and reserves games weren't football?

western royboy

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 30, 2008
Western Victoria
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea
I'm sure I heard this one from BT last night in the Port-Dogs match. Buku Kharmis lining up for goal (paraphrasing here):

This man has kicked 10 goals, one in the past two weeks in the reserves. Here he is lining up for his first goal in football.

I turn my mind off when BT is on - there is no engagement of the brain before he speaks and it shows

RedmanWasHere

Rarely in kitchens at parties.
Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich & Ess AFLW,

So many of the callers say it.

It's annoying and factually incorrect.

Fizza

Senior List
Oct 6, 2019
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
Adelaide

So many of the callers say it.

It's annoying and factually incorrect.
This. Is why @AFLisnotasport is so needed on twitter

killtaker1993

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Montagna yesterday in crows vs gws game. 2nd qtr, Adelaide had another inside 50 kick intercepted and hes says something along the lines of "The defence has been really good from G dubs today"
Not GWS but G dubs...

He must have gone to the U.S recently at eaten a lot at 'B-Dubs' (Buffalo Wild Wings)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alesana

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast

I heard that too, he said he was lining up for his first goal (in football?), and Daisy pointed out he had kicked goals in the reserves. Obviously he meant his first goal at AFL level

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
The Front Bar played this Jobeism recently. When Hamish mentioned how good the moment's silence was before the ANZAC Day game, Jobe goes, "yes, it never fails to disappoint".
As someone who I reckon prides himself on having been able to improve his former country, bogan twang, his dad would CRINGE at that :grinv1:

killtaker1993

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
The Front Bar played this Jobeism recently. When Hamish mentioned how good the moment's silence was before the ANZAC Day game, Jobe goes, "yes, it never fails to disappoint".
As someone who I reckon prides himself on having been able to improve his former country, bogan twang, his dad would CRINGE at that :grinv1:

It would be refreshing for someone to come out and say 'Yes, I was very disappointed at the moment's silence before the big game"

yyou

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
NY Mets, NO Pelicans, Toronto Leafs
mentioning the Front Bar, which I like a lot, isn't it ironic when Mick Molloy bags the fashion sense of people in the past when he wears those checkered shirts that look like old man pyjamas, every show?

peternorth

May 6, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
I don’t ride with the punches .
Sam Mitchell.

When asked how he reacts to losses, that’s his answer.

Firstly it’s rolled

Secondly not riding with the lunches punches insinuates he actively cares about the situation. But the rest of the answer aka context illustrated he doesn’t care about coping losses.

Last edited:

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
I don’t ride with the punches .
Sam Mitchell.

When asked how he reacts to losses, that’s his answer.

Firstly it’s rolled

Secondly not riding with the lunches insinuates he actively cares about the situation. But the rest of the answer aka context illustrated he doesn’t care about coping losses.
He's risking alienating those lunches if he's not careful.

Good thread to make that bad joke. 😁

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Brad Seymour MMM, Sydney- Ess "....all tyres including Yokahomo..." 😕

Alesana

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
mentioning the Front Bar, which I like a lot, isn't it ironic when Mick Molloy bags the fashion sense of people in the past when he wears those checkered shirts that look like old man pyjamas, every show?
They have a limited selection of clothing to choose from the wardrobe department. It's for the show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad