Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Verbal Faux Paus

Not sure who said it but around about Dyer's era.

"he's very tall for a short player"

Peter Mckenna , something along the lines of it would be good if all the players had red hair so that it would be easier to tell them apart.

What about the players who say all goes well instead of augurs?

Registered User said:
We all know how articulate footballers and commentators can be. :D
From the Richmond board right now:

You didn't need to say it. That's one of those general conceited statements in life that everyone mutually agrees to - like "I like sex".

'Conceded', maybe?

Neil Daniher today (or was it yeasterday? :)). He's just joined the Dermy tautology club:

"we were worried that David (Neitz) couldn't move laterally sideways with his sore knee"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

zero said:
nope, iv read every post in this thread and this one is by far the best
yeah, that's a whopper, and she's still the political reporter for Southern Cross News

my favourites are probably Daniher's "the planning will come to fruitician on Saturday", Robert Shaw's "we were hamsprung with injuries, and BT's "this will go down in the analogs of history"

for some reason, Dean Brogan's sister was interviewed on ABC Football today, and in her effort to tell us he was a novice when he went into last year's grand final, she told us he was a "novelist" :p

"he really was a novelist ruckman in last year's grand final"

Duffiield I think it was on saturday night at AAMI, interviewing brett voss, so "breast voss" .....

The he said, something like "sorry I must have been thinking of your coach, speaking of which he has put on a bit of weight lately"

Tim Gossage

" he has a fresh air sh1t...I mean shot,fresh air shot" then giggles for ten minutes

John Anderson (footy journo), a guy who's always ready to tell us how dopey footballers and cricketers are:

"I just saw a swelt Ross Stevenson"

".......is not rayshist"

"that is a quantram leap"

"phenonemal"

"it may me feel a bit nausess"

"that's a bit exorborant"

Murray said:
Jack Dyer: He has arms like testicles
ah don't you miss the freak parade at the old fairs...
the bearded lady, the midget, monkey boy and testicle arm man...

Fishfinger said:
Don Scott:

"Play on. It was 50 of one and half a dozen of the other."

so? the exam was out of 56...obviously some one dominated and the other squeezed in for a bit over 10%....we know from Dons example who the culprit was now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back