Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Terry Wallace was on trade radio comparing the Bulldogs forward line upon the completion of the trade period to how it was in the 2016 Grand Final. He got to Tory Dickson and comments that Dickson “was 3 or 4 years younger back then”

Campbell Brown was on SEN on Friday. The topic of Batman movies came up during a quiz. I'd say he Googled Christian Bale and looked at some of his movies, then read out...."he was in The Mackinist", aka "The Machinest" :D

Campbell Brown was on SEN on Friday. The topic of Batman movies came up during a quiz. I'd say he Googled Christian Bale and looked at some of his movies, then read out...."he was in The Mackinist", aka "The Machinest" :D
And....when asked who his favourite Batman was replied with "Heath Ledger". When Huddo pulled him up, he said he didn't like Batman movies because they were "sci-fi".

Reporter on Channel 7: "Wayne Bennett spoke with a rare level of candidness." Erm, candour gone?
Regrettably, candidness is ok with autocorrect :(

I think both are legitimate and while I prefer candour, you'd drive yourself mad sweating these when listening to sports media.

It's probably already been mentioned, but Mark Hutchings' name has an ing in it. He's a West Coast premiership player, not the oxygen rich brother of a deceased Australian musician.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This little one from Michael Zappone a few weeks ago amused a bit. When asked if Usain Bolt would make it in the A-League, he said, "well, that's the big question mark." No, it's a whole question, not just a question mark :D

Last edited:
Tim Lane on the 1278 cricket commentary today, describing the pre-match ceremony for Remembrance Day, he said that the captains, Aaron Finch and Hansie Cronje, laid a wreath for the fallen soldiers... woops :oops:
Sheesh, where did that come from? Tim losing the plot?

Yesterday, an SEN newsreader said that a player's trade "paperwork has been launched", instead of "lodged".
Maybe they got it mixed up with the NASA mission to Mars?

Kevin Bartlett:

Famous

Every few minutes he says something is famous this or that.
The famous talkback number is...
The famous quiz on soon...

And sometimes for special effect he’ll say “the world famous”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back