Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Either a social faux pas or a brilliant bit of passive-aggression (given the speaker, I lean towards the former) in today's Crows - Eagles game from Mark Ricciuto to Matthew Pavlich, "You're allowed to start the year a bit slow when you've won the flag, aren't you Pav?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately tonight we are going to have to put up with Michael Clarke saying "briyant" 7 times a minute. Clarkie, every time you say it I die a little inside mate! For the sake of my mental health can you please stop?

Unfortunately tonight we are going to have to put up with Michael Clarke saying "briyant" 7 times a minute. Clarkie, every time you say it I die a little inside mate! For the sake of my mental health can you please stop?
I've been listening to the BBC commentary on ABC Grandstand, and only turn up the tv if they appear to be talking about something different, like a replay of something specific

I've been listening to the BBC commentary on ABC Grandstand, and only turn up the tv if they appear to be talking about something different, like a replay of something specific
I would if I could but as I'm watching on-line the coverage is delayed by about 30 seconds and it's too much faffing around to get it all to sync up. I'm getting all the matches free as well so I guess I shouldn't complain too much about Clarkie's mangling of the language.
And I'm thankful Slater is not doing all the matches, recently he has started sounding like the love child of Julian Clary and Ian Chappell impersonating Bradman.

I would if I could but as I'm watching on-line the coverage is delayed by about 30 seconds and it's too much faffing around to get it all to sync up.
Yes, that's annoying. Oh, are you in Japan? I was gunna say that Macquare radio and SEN are also doing most games (Macquarie are doing mostly just Aus games), but I guess they would also be on delay on line. I have a listen later tonight

I went through a stage where I'd record the tv and play it on a slight delay so it would be in sync with the radio, but these days I usually can't be bothered. This wasn't so much that I hated the tv commentators, more so because I'd be potting around the house listening to the radio, then could get to the tv in time if something happened.

Yes, that's annoying. Oh, are you in Japan? I was gunna say that Macquare radio and SEN are also doing most games (Macquarie are doing mostly just Aus games), but I guess they would also be on delay on line. I have a listen later tonight

I went through a stage where I'd record the tv and play it on a slight delay so it would be in sync with the radio, but these days I usually can't be bothered. This wasn't so much that I hated the tv commentators, more so because I'd be potting around the house listening to the radio, then could get to the tv in time if something happened.
Yes in Japan. I used to sync it up but you'd spend 5 minutes getting it right and then the audio and/or the video would buffer and you'd be back to square one. The far better solution is to get Michael Clarke to say "brilliant" correctly and obviate my need to flounce around the house bemoaning the impending bogan takeover of 'Straya!

Basil on the footy tonight has called debutant Cameron as the first West Coast player born this century.

I know the media do this all the time but Cameron was born 3rd May 2000. That is the last year of the 20th century.

Why can't they just understand what they are saying.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back