Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Not really a faux pas or the like, more of a general grievance with the broadcasters. It's probably going to sound pedantic, but I really don't like when broadcasters talk over the top of the winning clubs song after the siren. It happened in the St.Kilda vs Bulldogs game, Huddo (who I like btw) just continued on yakking away as the Saints song played. Channel 7 are generally pretty good at letting it run through. I don't know, maybe I'm on my own but I feel the theme song is a real quirk in our game and I enjoy being able to hear it after the siren goes on the broadcast

Not really a faux pas or the like, more of a general grievance with the broadcasters. It's probably going to sound pedantic, but I really don't like when broadcasters talk over the top of the winning clubs song after the siren. It happened in the St.Kilda vs Bulldogs game, Huddo (who I like btw) just continued on yakking away as the Saints song played. Channel 7 are generally pretty good at letting it run through. I don't know, maybe I'm on my own but I feel the theme song is a real quirk in our game and I enjoy being able to hear it after the siren goes on the broadcast
Completely agree

It highlights how commentators either think, or are made to believe that what they’re saying is bigger than the actual game, which is showed time and time again when the roar of the crowd is muted by pointless rambling after a goal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and the constant, misused upward inflection does my head in. Hey Dal, every phrase you utter is not a question :D
I’ve met Dal

He speaks to you the exact same way he presents on television or radio

I don’t know how to sum him up
Awkwardly comfortable?
Or comfortably awkward?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back