Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

The work experience student writing the match report on the AFL site said North's win over Hawthorn was its first since Shaw was officially appointed during the week.

Aside from stating the obvious nothing too bad with that. They could've gone with "North's win over Hawthorn was its first since Thursday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abbey also congratulated 'Shaun' Edwards on his 250th. She's not the first - Roos and others have done it as well. FFS, Shane is a 250-game premiership champion, Shaun is a former rookie who played 24 games and was delisted by two clubs.
I remember Jesse Hogan in his earlier days was often mistaken for Simon Hogan, a 22 gamer for Geelong from 07-11

I propose to you
Daisy Pearce
Garry Lyon

Yes they "posed" that
ha ha, yes, that was a bad one by Daisy. She said it twice, so it wasn't a slip of the tongue. She goes, "Tim, I heard you propose the question....".. "so, I propose this question to you"
That's a shocka :D

Last edited:
I hope Pickers picks out Kano Cornes for his classic effort this morning.

Had people calling in for a quiz and the question was "how many picks did Richmond have in the 2004 draft."

A couple of callers guessed wrong and while working up to the next caller, Kano said there would be a bonus prize for the person who could name all 5.

Next caller came on the line and oblivious Kano proceeded to ask how many again.

I'm not sure the guy had heard the giveaway but he answered correctly.

Pure rolled gold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back