Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Is 'misexecution' a word? Dave Warner said it durng the Sixers vs Renagades match at the SCG. Warner also said 'expecially' during the match. On Fox Sports News, Eloise Sohier delivered far too many to include here.

Is 'misexecution' a word? Dave Warner said it durng the Sixers vs Renagades match at the SCG. Warner also said 'expecially' during the match. On Fox Sports News, Eloise Sohier delivered far too many to include here.

eloise is a very talented presenter

I dunno if he was mucking around, but Ron Quiney pronounced "premise" as "pr'MIZE" tonight on the BBL radio coverage
English is a funny old language - I once heard a well-known personality on radio pronounce "demise" as "demees".

The all time greatest slip up

I've written this before on here somewhere, but, according to Sandy Roberts, that gaff only saw the light of day because one the big bosses at channel 7 just happened to go to Mt Gambier for a rare trip, then just happened to walk passed the tv tech van as the tech guys were pissing themselves. When they told the boss what they were laughing at, he made sure the video got up to the big smoke.

Last edited:
I've written this before, but, according to Roberts, that gaff only saw the light of day because one the big bosses at channel 7 just happened to go to Mt Gambier for a rare trip, then just happened to walk passed the tv tech van as the tech guys were pissing themselves. When they told the boss what they were laughing at, he made sure the video got up to the big smoke.
utensil, Dick same thing. At least he didnt go with Leanne Shlong

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When telling her audience on MSNBC a news anchor said Kobe Bryant played for the Los Angeles N**gers. She denies this, and says she fumbled her words between the Knicks and Lakers where she said Nackers. On the audio it is clear on what she inadvertently said. But oh boy wow wee what mistake to make at the worst possible time.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've heard a few bogans fa'rk up the pronunciation of "Zverev". I've heard "Ez-verev", "Essverev" and "Zaverev", with a noticeable emphasis on the nonexistent first syllables on all.
It's just like how they can't say "Xavier" and "Dwayne".

Last edited:
I've heard a few bogans fa'rk up the pronunciation of "Zverev". I've heard "Ez-verev", "Essverev" and "Zaverev", with a noticeable emphasis on the nonexistent first syllables on all.
It's just like how they can't say "Xavier" and "Dwayne".

How do the peanuts like to pronounce "Dwayne?"

"Dawayne" or "Derwayne". They seem to have trouble running two consonants together :D
Rohan Smith used to say Dawayne 😁. I know someone who named their child Xavier, pronounced Exavier 😕. I make a point of saying Hi Zavier, when I see them, but I think it goes unnoticed.

I also know people who called their boy Sean, pronounced Seen.

Rohan Smith used to say Dawayne 😁. I know someone who named their child Xavier, pronounced Exavier 😕. I make a point of saying Hi Zavier, when I see them, but I think it goes unnoticed.

I also know people who called their boy Sean, pronounced Seen.
Crikey. "Seen" is a shocker. :D It must drive all the teachers at Xavier College nuts hearing it pronounced incorrectly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back