Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Graham Wright on Dwayne's SEN show today repeatedly said "from my prospective...."

Was his go to lead in phrase for a lot of comments, that it made me wonder if he says it in meetings as well.

Personally, I'd find that really awkward, but maybe in football circles, it just goes through to the keeper.

Did you know that Channel 7's footy shows are "iconic"?

giphy.gif

Graham Wright on Dwayne's SEN show today repeatedly said "from my prospective...."

Was his go to lead in phrase for a lot of comments, that it made me wonder if he says it in meetings as well.

Personally, I'd find that really awkward, but maybe in football circles, it just goes through to the keeper.

Must have had his nose in the Season Prospectus for too long....Can't blame him, not much else to do.

Matthew Richardson interview on SEN

Can St Kilda win the flag?
Richo: No
If Paddy Ryder, Dan Hannebery, Brad Hill and Zak Jones all made All-Australian, could St Kilda win the flag?
Richo: Yes

I'm confused, so does he think St Kilda can or can't win the flag after that?

I reckon Hutchy uses "ostensibly" incorrectly almost every week. I suspect he's trying to sound smart, but he sounds like a dickhead when he uses it wrong. Just when I occasionally think he's half smart -- talking about business stuff I know nothing about -- he blows it.
I've heard him use it too never knew the definition. When he says it does he mean Definitely, like he'll say it's obstensibly true, when he means its definitely true?? Is that how you see it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back