Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

The newsreader April can't speak properly or pronounce words properly and it's pissing me off.
She cannot pronounce any word ending in 'ing' and sounds like she has a mouthful of marbles.
wait she's back on sen???

The newsreader April on SEN can't speak properly or pronounce words properly and it's pissing me off.
She cannot pronounce any word ending in 'ing' and sounds like she has a mouthful of marbles.
The first time I heard her I was like, “Hutchys cutting costs and got the work experience kid in”
Then I realised she’s the permanent fixture and cannot believe he thinks she’s got the voice for radio. * me

Oct 19, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
The first time I heard her I was like, “Hutchys cutting costs and got the work experience kid in”
Then I realised she’s the permanent fixture and cannot believe he thinks she’s got the voice for radio. fu** me
She must be related to someone there .
Everything I knew about radio diction has gone straight out the window.

MauroFogheri

Fill the crucible
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Sometimes it is good to highlight good pronunciation; Andy and Bob were talking MotoGP and Bob pronounced "Ducati" the European way, that is to say "Du-Cart-ee" not the usual "Due-Cat-ey ""meow meow. Reminds me of the time Sam McClure was on SEN and he was interviewing Cockatoo I think and he goes, "you're into your cars, what do you think of the latest LS7 engine Nakia?...." Well I'll be blown 😮😕

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mr bagcroft

Norm Smith Medallist
May 19, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Ability to use and apply tenses appropriately is lax these days. David King is unable to apply "came" to a past event.

....see here he come in....
Shocking one this, shits me to no end.
He is in bed with Terry Wallace on this one, as the main offenders.
But, it seems to be a footy officals favourite across the board.
Get your tense right you bogan *s.

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2005
Bentleigh, Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Speaking of incorrect tense, this is the 3rd time I've written this on here, but it's still an epidemic. :tongueoutv1:

It does my head in when people asking for tips for upcoming games, ask, "who's winning this game?", or, "who wins this game?" Aaaagh! It's the wrong farking tense! :D The game is starting in 3 days!

If I was asked that, I'd say:
"Who's winning? What, right now? The game hasn't started yet; it's two days away!"
Or: "Who wins? What, do you mean usually?"

I reckon Garry Lyon and Brayshaw were the first I heard saying it, then Healy and Derwayne picked it up. When I first heard it catching on, I thought, "nah, that's so grammatically bad it won't last", but it farkin snowballed and is here forever! :p Boo!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back