Verbal Faux Pas, Jargon, Cliches, Boganisms, etc

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've mentioned before that the Triple M guys have said a million times in recent years that the ball has been "fisted", but never "punched"

There's rarely such a thing as a slower ball in cricket now; it's an "off-pace delivery" or "pace off". How about 'ship off' with ya jargon bullshit :tongueoutv1:

Last edited:
It's somewhat cringe worthy, it's like he found a word and wants to show off that Eddie so smart.
don't get me started. When some "new" words filter through the dopey, bogan footy world, many of the yobbos overuse them.
"The narrative" is a phrase that comes out of the mouths of people who probably don't know what it means, and I've said before that Hutchy uses "ostensibly" when he means almost the complete opposite

Last edited:
Glen Jakovich: "instead of punching the ball, I thought if I could take marks it would effect the psychic of my opponent"

original-231716c8d0eb1e0aa87e3e27a400a262.jpg

Last edited:
New drinking game - Have a shot every time Bucks mentions the word 'capacity'. You'll be feeling all warm and fuzzy within an hour.

Do the same with JB but swap 'capacity' with 'ball' when it's actually a 'kick.'

SEN afternoon newsreader: "the Bulldogses Bailey Smith"

A person on an SEN ad (or betting spot) pronounced 'pro rata' as "pro rayta"

Dermie on crunch time this morning. "Let's exonerate Geelong from the equation..."

I think he meant "remove" so may have been looking for "expunge"?

Fair enough mistake maybe, I couldn't recall the ex word meaning remove either and had to look it up for this post.

Funny that there was possibly a tiny pause as he said it like he knew he'd stuffed up, but decided to plough on regardless.

It's ok Derm, I have sympathy for you on this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back