Opinion VERSUS' Bout 9 Michael Long vs David Zaharakis

Who wins? Long or Zaharakis

• Long

Votes: 70 94.6%
  • Zaharakis

Votes: 4 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He still managed to get pretty close one year in amongst all of the injuries!
Finished 5 off in 95.

Now I'm only looking at stats here but he had a 27 and 3, 22 and 2, 23 and 3, 24 and 2, 20 and 3, 25 and 4 and a 20 and 3 without polling a vote. Imagine those sort of consistent figures and no votes these days.

Who voted Zaka lol

When Long got the ball on the wing and went for a run, the Essendon faithful would rise as one in anticipation of some Longy magic.

Would never happen with Zaka.

I think longs career has grown legs over time, the myth of the man has enhanced everything

I recall a star that burned bright but was in then out as quick as he came... he was unsure and flakey early days, had a boom few years, them was decimated and a shadow of a player thru injury after that. Its a shame, pose the 93 finals series the footy world was his for the taking, next minute, blows a knee.

everyone loves longy, and so do I, hes like a club mascot or something, but his career may be looked at thru rose glasses, imho
In 1990 we were possibly the best side for the H&A season. Our centreline was considered the key ingredient and much of the talk was about the comparison of

Anderson Kickett Long (which is what Anderson did best tbh)
Vs
Millane Shaw Wright

All 6 players had great years that year and were pivotal to their team’s performance. This was just Long’s second year. He had the ability to cut through the opposition right from the start but something really clicked in 93 that made him believe that he was untouchable. There aren’t too many players you will ever be able to say that about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back