Votes: 22 43.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Liberator

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
The description 'freak show' does not do Kickett justice.

Incredible player when on. He was a better player than Rioli with as many or more, but different, flaws.

His best was on par with anyone that has played the game.

He might be the player we had, but who never was, I would want more than anyone else to be a 200 game stalwart. What a ride that would have been.
This is spot on. Kickett the more performed in finals as well. I think I appreciated Rioli more aesthetically though.

Oct 22, 2008
Geelong
AFL Club
Essendon
So.....the vendetta, which way is it coming from?
The interesting thing to come from that story was that kickett was sus and phoned Corcoran to see if he was going to be dropped. Kind of wipes out the only thing i would be critical of sheeds, having believed that he wasn't man enough to face kickett. Kickett had gone around him on this occasion and you probably don't want selections leaked early in a GF. Now I'm totally behind the way it was handled by sheeds.

Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
IMG_20180529_131231.png

Hell hath frozen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 9, 2007
un
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Derek seems to have lost a few kegs.

Grudges are a weird thing. There’s a good reason why the Buddha espoused non-attachment as a way to enlightenment. Emotions should arise and dissolve. Hold on to your grudges and they only eat away at your soul.

Having said that, Fraser Brown can GAGF!

Jul 17, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Did anyone end up catching the Marngrook segment on this?
I have to say the segment was a bit disappointing and you didn't miss much.
Sheeds was in Perth so he was on the phone. I'm not sure if it was my recording but the phone line kept cracking/dropping out. Hopefully they can get in the same studio together one day (they said they would at the end of the interview).
Sheeds and Kickett will be leading the Long Walk on Saturday won't they??

Coldacre

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Kickett easily. his game against the Doggies 1993 was one of the great performances... up there with the very best. they just stuck him in the goalsquare and he was marking everything

Coldacre

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
I have to say the segment was a bit disappointing and you didn't miss much.
Sheeds was in Perth so he was on the phone. I'm not sure if it was my recording but the phone line kept cracking/dropping out. Hopefully they can get in the same studio together one day (they said they would at the end of the interview).

??? but they’re arm in arm in that photo?

Towno78

Premiership Player
Nov 6, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Can't split them. Except Rioli was one of my absolute all time faves, so I go with him.
Someone please tell me he has sons?

Back