Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pines Football Club
Klyntonius

You've probably already seen this but thought I'd share just in case, very very exciting news. The perfect powerband!

80 horses @ 110 kegs, with almost infinite mapping - could be a game changer!

It's pretty wild and certainly looks like the genuine beginning of an electric motorcycling future.

The lack of sound is hard to get used to - sounds like my old remote control cars as a kid - but the significant advantage to them is the greater possibility of domestic mx tracks, especially for juniors.

It's pretty wild and certainly looks like the genuine beginning of an electric motorcycling future.

The lack of sound is hard to get used to - sounds like my old remote control cars as a kid - but the significant advantage to them is the greater possibility of domestic mx tracks, especially for juniors.

Well it's not 'completely' silent, regardless it will take some getting used to. I guess my excitement comes on two fronts.

1/ Because it has the 'perfect' or 'seamless' powerband it will make it infinitely easier to ride, and as a result we could see an explosion of participation rates world wide.

1a/ As you'd know riding dirtbikes 'well' or 'fast' over difficult terrain takes a certain level of dexterity, usually above the kid who's good at kickin the footy but struggles with a dirt bike on anything more undulating than a billiard table. Sure to the beginner that watches Jett Lawrence or Herlings smoke the track 'hey that looks like fun!' and then are immediately intimidated as soon as the reality hits. This was definitely the case when I was racing in the late 80's in the 2t heyday, and still is now.

Back then, sure the factory machines of Leisk and co were 100kegs and 100 horses (even more potent than this machine) but you had to be as good as Leisk to ride it like Leisk if that makes sense. This machine by all reports is completely and utterly 'user friendly'. In short everybody will be able to ride better and the enjoyment will increase for the masses of mortals on a dirt bike now.

2/ As an extension, it's only been very recent (Alta) that this technology has evolved and the development is unknown but certainly a path to even 'easier' (read more fun) riding - in fact I'd put my house on this will be the case. It could make the sport as popular as mainstream footy because it'll be easier and safer and more available to the masses who usually just kick the footy coz they're good at that.

2a/ Because of the lack of 'noise', this could bring dirt biking even closer to mainstream society - in a literal and physical sense. You and I probably love the sound when the gate drops and there's 40 screamin 2t's or 40 4t pounders fighting over 3 bike widths of real estate at the 1st corner. But the house owner down the road doesn't. That has humstrung 'urbanising' average Joe comp participation since the inception of off road competition. All good and well to house stadium supercross for the immortal competitors but forget about racing at your local club in the same vicinity as your footy club to the neighbourhood.

This could be yet another game changer with this technology

Remove this Banner Ad

Back