Roast Very poor commentary from Brian Taylor and Luke Darcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Stuff like this is only going to excite him more :D
Seeing Partridge excited is something we all wanna see. :D

It is a bit like trying to make Tommy Lee Jones smile.

I'm from the east of Melbourne, so that's no burn on me. I frequently make fun of my West-dwelling relatives (crime, the Ring Road carpark, double barring the windows, etc ;))
I've never been down to Handbag Park, I might invest in a horse and cart and come check it out one day.

The same cart your great grandad used to see your lot win their only flag? Better get a new Horse though Nate the old fella ended up in one of Ted Parker's Pies. ;)

I'm from the east of Melbourne, so that's no burn on me. I frequently make fun of my West-dwelling relatives (crime, the Ring Road carpark, double barring the windows, etc ;))
I've never been down to Handbag Park, I might invest in a horse and cart and come check it out one day.

Wait, what? Doesn't the reference to you maybe investing in a horse and cart take a dig at YOU, and no one else, yet in this pretty ordinary troll post, you think it's somehow a crack at Geelong?

You're not related to Brian Taylor or Luke Darcy are you? This is how their so called comedy works...you know....like in Bizarro world where sanity and logic just don't exist.

lol
fair enough mate!

What's the s**t with handbag park and all?
Anyways, I wish the Dogs good luck this year :thumbsu:

Oh, people used to call Geelong the handbags for some reason and it stings. Some of my family support the Pies and they joke about asking for directions to Handbag Park, but making sure it's a green light so you can just drive off.
Same to the Cats mate, I sincerely hope they win the flag ahead of Hawthorn or Essendon, or any interstate fancy.

Wait, what? Doesn't the reference to you maybe investing in a horse and cart take a dig at YOU, and no one else, yet in this pretty ordinary troll post, you think it's somehow a crack at Geelong?

You're not related to Brian Taylor or Luke Darcy are you? This is how their so called comedy works...you know....like in Bizarro world where sanity and logic just don't exist.

The implication is that the horse and cart would be fitting for a trip to Geelong...
If you're not bright enough to understand it don't reply.

Oh, people used to call Geelong the handbags for some reason and it stings. Some of my family support the Pies and they joke about asking for directions to Handbag Park, but making sure it's a green light so you can just drive off.
Same to the Cats mate, I sincerely hope they win the flag ahead of Hawthorn or Essendon, or any interstate fancy.

Lol, taking sledging pointers from pies supporters is always fraught with danger!

And I think we have well and truly shaken the handbag tag now anyway, I think that well and truly belongs to them now!

The implication is that the horse and cart would be fitting for a trip to Geelong...
If you're not bright enough to understand it don't reply.

Oh no, I saw where you were "trying" to go with it, but read it again following structured English, and you'll find you're a few words shy of clearly achieving this.
But hey, if this is how you get your kicks online, by all means enjoy your time here....just like this guy is:

Watching the "Press Red for Ed" when Richmond played Collingwood was still more enjoyable for me than listening to BT and Darcy. I simply cannot stand it.
Anyone that can't stand BT and D-arse is alright by me. Great club song to, I must say. Just as long as I don't hear it after you've played the cats :)

Lol, taking sledging pointers from pies supporters is always fraught with danger!

And I think we have well and truly shaken the handbag tag now anyway, I think that well and truly belongs to them now!
I think this kid Nath is doing ok, I mean, clearly English is his secondary language. Personally I wouldn't go firing off insults (handbaggers) if I didn't know where it originated from.

Indeed. Thankfully for me they're not all one-eyed.

Nathan you're a passive-agressive troll, just like BT. You're not fooling anyone champ, despite claiming that only morons would take offence to such jocular behavior. I think you've well and truly over stayed your welcome and now it's time to go forth and multiply.

Nathan you're a passive-agressive troll, just like BT. You're not fooling anyone champ, despite claiming that only morons would take offence to such jocular behavior. I think you've well and truly over stayed your welcome and now it's time to go forth and multiply.

In that case I'll take my leave. My apologies if I've offended any Sleepy Hollow fans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure you understand the difference between me not wording it correctly and you being a moron to the point that you can't understand it.
But I guess I've achieved what BT has, annoyed a pack of hicks with a few off-the-cuff comments that wouldn't bother anyone with half a brain.

LOL You're kidding aren't you? You really think I'm that stupid. This is classic comedy right here.
It's referred to as "feeding the trolls", and buddy you've been sucked right in. Don't worry, I'll leave you alone now, but I'm not too sure why you felt this thread was so important for you to get so involved in. Most footy fans from ANY club in the AFL cannot stand BT, including Magpies and Tigers supporters. When it comes to other teams, and Geelong is one of them, he's even worse.

Please do NOT multiply. We would have to contend with more idiots down the line:eek:

Darcy on Saturday night accidentally highlighted one of the issues with stadiums constantly changing their names through sponsorship deals. He called the venue "Skilled Stadium" on at least three occasions when it has been called Simonds for over a year and a half now! Darce isn't the only one who does it, it's an industry-wide problem. It can't be that difficult to get the stadium names right, can it?

Darcy on Saturday night accidentally highlighted one of the issues with stadiums constantly changing their names through sponsorship deals. He called the venue "Skilled Stadium" on at least three occasions when it has been called Simonds for over a year and a half now! Darce isn't the only one who does it, it's an industry-wide problem. It can't be that difficult to get the stadium names right, can it?

No it isn't that difficult, it just shows they're not professionals. I'll give you an example outside the world of calling live sport.

I work in the enterprise IT world. The WORST place for things being renamed and rebadged almost yearly because of w***ers in marketing of all major companies feeling this gives them a continual fresh start to sell more.

So as a result there are two kinds of people. Those who for the sake of accuracy and professionalism use the "new" correct name (yes that's me), or the other lot who sadly are the majority, who continue to use the now obsolete names of products sometimes many years or versions old.
While many would say, "you're just a pedantic arse, get over it", I say, no sorry, it IS important, as a lack of accuracy on something so simple, can then become a larger issue very quickly.
On the topic of calling sport etc. it is still also important. Why? These companies have put on HEAPS of cash for these naming rights. This helps keeps team alive, which helps keep the game alive. The least callers can do is respect the cash being pilled in, and do their best to correctly acknowledge that.

To me, it's the difference between people who care to be the best at what they do, or just "enough to get paid". Yes a slip of the tongue can occur, but the professional will recognise that, correct it, and move on. When people don't, they show they don't give a rats.

It can't be that difficult to get the stadium names right, can it?

It can if you have a slightly smaller brain than the common man.
Darcy's IQ is reportedly somewhere around 74 which apparently below average.

It can if you have a slightly smaller brain than the common man.
Darcy's IQ is reportedly somewhere around 74 which apparently below average.
How did you hear that? If that has been released by a media outlet, I'm sure it's actually lower. They just didn't want to embarrass him.

How did you hear that? If that has been released by a media outlet, I'm sure it's actually lower. They just didn't want to embarrass him.

spoke to my friend's work mate who's missus owns a hair salon on Swan street and does his hair on a regular basis.
Obviously let out his score during a conversation with her one day which is not surprising as he'd think 74 is relatively high.

Poor Luke :oops:

Not really - its their job to know the player names, stadium names, team names, s**t any caller worth their weight in salt should know full coaching panel & medical teams of any given side.

If you or I dont know certain things in our professions, we have to learn them, just like the rest of the workforce.
They are no different IMO & should be held accountable to the network & league for knowing what they are talking about!!

spoke to my friend's work mate who's missus owns a hair salon on Swan street and does his hair on a regular basis.
Obviously let out his score during a conversation with her one day which is not surprising as he'd think 74 is relatively high.

Poor Luke :oops:

Ahhhh the good ol mates sisters workmates ex brother in laws new girlfriend source... :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back