Review Very ugly vs North.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah. Title sums it up.

That is, by far some of the worst football I've seen us play. Just disgraceful.

Jenkins has played one of the most pathetic three quarters I've seen, Walker is getting triple teamed and yet he's nowhere to be seen.

Our ball movement has just been showing that the last 6 weeks have been a dream where we actually understand to lead, to use short passes and to be damaging. Today it's been bomb it to the top of the square.

That style doesn't work, and it's hasn't ******* worked in a decade with us.

Also 10 goals in the first quarter to our opposition. Like seriously the *?

Last edited:
I'm glad this has happened. Now the next time the media starts talking us up and anyone thinks about getting a big head Pyke can point to them to sit down and watch the replay of this debacle which should be burnt onto DVDs for everyone to take home and required to watch after every training.

Good: Eddie gets his 500th goal

Bad: Too bad this milestone was overshadowed by A MOUNTAIN OF STEAMING POO.

We're just not interested in winning this one.
Lazy, unaccountable football.
Hartigan getting a bath from that old spud Waite.
Tex setting a disgraceful example giving away frees and 50s.
Rubbish whistle-happy umpiring.
Ball-watching.
Kangaroos in space everywhere.

As the great man said, 'At least we didn't waste a good game on a loss!' Pyke and every single player on our list have got a lot of work to do.

Good: a reality check for the coaching staff/players

Ugly:
a 10 goal first quarter blowout
shocking skills
no heart from the players
knight/hampton invisible all day
spud Waite playing the game of his career

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Effort. It was all down to EFFORT. And we showed none. No desire to win the ball, no desire to pressure their players. Not switched on again in the first quarter.

Forget we were playing in a windy environment we struggled to read. We lost the game in the midfield because we couldn't be bothered to tackle, chase or apply pressure. We thought we'd stroll in to a game against an easy opponent again and just take out a win.

Just an insipid, disgraceful performance.

To make matters worse, we've seen this time and again. If it's even a little bit tough or unexpected, we capitulate mentally. West Coast R23. Geelong twice last year. Sydney and Hawthorn in 2016 and 2015 finals. It's a trend and we need to fix it without making pathetic excuses like "Blundstone is a s**t arena" or "we just weren't switched on" or "it was an anomaly". We need to make changes that address the issues and ensure that we have the right personnel to actually win pressure games

You give up too easy.

We're 50 points down and played some of the most disgusting, and unaccountable football I've witnessed in a long time. If anything, the fact this thread only came up now shows I don't.

You could have easily justified this after the first quarter.

They've had double the tackles .. disgraceful effort. Better to have this loss now than round 23. Plenty to work on.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

At least we don't have to suffer through the remainder of the year believing we are a genuine chance only to fall over again in finals.

Jenkins is as soft as butter thank god he's only on a year contract.

Pretenders.

the loss we had to have.
02B_KEATING_wideweb__470x270,0.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back