Vesty's bottom 5 premiers since 2000

Remove this Banner Ad

3. Sydney Swans 2005

Horrendously lacked talent but won the premiership based solely on tackling and system (a sign of things to come). The prototype of everything that is currently wrong with football Paul Roos was the star of the list and didnt even get a kick. Regardless of everything in their favour including being gifted an armchair ride by the umps and AFL the swans could only just get the job done by less than a kick.
Spot on Vesty, well thought out summary.
Worst team to win a flag since boganwood in 1990.

2: Richmond 2017

One of the least talented premiership winning sides of all time. The side literally had Dustin Martin, Alex Rance and a bunch of absolute scrubbers who could chase and tackle. The AFL ensured the "fairy tale" ground breaker with strict instructions for the umpires to look after the Tigers at all opportunities throughout the final series and the AFL themselves ensured that the Tigers would never leave their cheat ground despite them finishing lower on the ladder than two of their opponents.

2: Richmond 2017

One of the least talented premiership winning sides of all time. The side literally had Dustin Martin, Alex Rance and a bunch of absolute scrubbers who could chase and tackle. The AFL ensured the "fairy tale" ground breaker with strict instructions for the umpires to look after the Tigers at all opportunities throughout the final series and the AFL themselves ensured that the Tigers would never leave their cheat ground despite them finishing lower on the ladder than two of their opponents.
I liked the bit where they beat Geelong like a red headed step child.

Why is Footscray in this list? The Cats weren't a speedbump to the Premiership like all the other instances, no reason for Vesty's melts at all.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! I demand Collingwood 2010 be substituted in! We flailed their danked up arses like Dusty Martin at Lee Ho Fooks!

Mods do your vesting jobs!

Waiting for Vesty's 4th worst and 3rd worst before he comes out with Richmond 2017 and 2019. My guess is that it'll be Richmond 2017 as the worst, 2019 2nd worst.
I might have got the order round the wrong way.

Geesook supporters totally triggered by Richmond's 2 flags in 3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

vesty how can you make a bottom 5 when we have only won 2? unless your from the future and know that we go the 4-peat

In terms of obsession he had 6 flags to choose from for his bottom 5

Mind you, I'm surprised he managed to slip in Sydney and Bulldogs flags

Vesty please do a 'bottom 5 minor premiers since 2000'

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 7.33.16 am.png

Vesty please do a 'bottom 5 minor premiers since 2000'

View attachment 764645

I'll have a crack.

Minor Premiers that didnt win the flag

2001 Essendon 6.86%
2002 PA 1 Game clear.
2003 PA 3 games and 5.65% clear.
2005 Adelaide 12.5% clear.
2008 Geelong 4 games and 30% clear
2009 St Kilda 2 games and 28% clear
2011 Collingwoon 1 game and 10% clear
2012 Hawthorn 22% clear
2014 Sydney 2% clear
2015 Fremantle 2 points
2016 Sydney 8%
2017 Adelaide 19%
2018 Richmond 2 games and 15%
2019 Geelong 17% clear

Bottom 5

5. Collingwood 2011
4. Richmond 2018
3. St Kilda 2009
2. Port Adelaide 2003
1. Geelong 2008

1: Tie (Richmond 2019 & Hawthorn 2015)

Too hard to split the obvious winners of this accolade. Richmond 2019 were a horrendous football team who were absolutely kissed on the dick in every way possible from the mid point of the season onwards. Once again they had nobody on the injury or suspension list come September and faced off against opponents who the afl and injury gods ensured were crippled. Even then it took bias umpiring and rule changes made to suit their game plan (6/6/6) and not leaving the G for the last 3 months of the season in order for them to get over the line.

Hawthorn 2015 were unfairly awarded a home final against a side that had comprehensive pants them in the qualifying final and who had proven for years unable to win at the G. Had the game been in Perth the result was reversed. When combining this with a charmed run with the maggots and compromised drafts / free agency propping up their average list its hard to take the whole threepeat narrative seriously

Hawthorn beat the eagles both in perth and melbourne in 2015 and 2:1 for the year and under THE RULES OF THE DAY earned a so called home grand final anyway

Would have beaten any geelong team in the entire history of the AFL too....’comfortably’

But of course the OP knows that

Now we've got the 2 obvious ones out the way. I'm going to put my bets on Sydney 2005 or any of the Hawthorn flags (as not 1 of their Grand Final opponents ever showed up)

Now we've got the 2 obvious ones out the way. I'm going to put my bets on Sydney 2005 or any of the Hawthorn flags (as not 1 of their Grand Final opponents ever showed up)
Nah I'm guessing the number 1 spot was a tie between the Hawks and us so that the remaining 4 flags won by the Hawks and us can take the other 4 spots

Lol Richmond 2019 owned it. Even if GWS were terrible. Hawthorn struggled against terrible oppenents in all their 4 Grand Finals.

Swap Richmond 2019 with Hawthorn 2008/2014 however and our lists would be the same

Only complete flogs would create a thread like this. Correction, I meant to say complete salty flogs.

Who cares how you personally rank premiers?

The value of the 2007 premiership is the same as 2019.

Actually, you could mount an argument that with more sides in the competition, it is statistically harder to win a flag and so 2019 and 2017>2007 and 2009.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back