Vesty's bottom 5 premiers since 2000

Remove this Banner Ad

Only complete flogs would create a thread like this. Correction, I meant to say complete salty flogs.

Who cares how you personally rank premiers?

The value of the 2007 premiership is the same as 2019.

Actually, you could mount an argument that with more sides in the competition, it is statistically harder to win a flag and so 2019 and 2017>2007 and 2009.

Only flags won in an 18 team comp should count

1: Tie (Richmond 2019 & Hawthorn 2015)

Too hard to split the obvious winners of this accolade. Richmond 2019 were a horrendous football team who were absolutely kissed on the dick in every way possible from the mid point of the season onwards. Once again they had nobody on the injury or suspension list come September and faced off against opponents who the afl and injury gods ensured were crippled. Even then it took bias umpiring and rule changes made to suit their game plan (6/6/6) and not leaving the G for the last 3 months of the season in order for them to get over the line.

Were well on our way to being the worst 5 in row side in the history of the comp:moustache:

I have faith in Vesty getting us across the line.

Only complete flogs would create a thread like this. Correction, I meant to say complete salty flogs.

Who cares how you personally rank premiers?

The value of the 2007 premiership is the same as 2019.

Actually, you could mount an argument that with more sides in the competition, it is statistically harder to win a flag and so 2019 and 2017>2007 and 2009.

lol 2019 was good but it was no 2007

The List So Far:

5. Bulldogs 2016
4. Hawthorn 2013
3. Sydney 2005
2. Richmond 2017

5. Western Bulldogs 2016

Typical charity flag for the bulldogs having come 7th but still getting a home final at the MCG against the higher placed Swans. Would have been demolished by 10 goals plus against the cats had we got through. Free Kick count of 180 - 3 across the final series. Lacked stars being a side of role players

Top 4 to come...stand by
Was this idea suggested as part of your therapy?

What about..
“Best Wingman/Fullback to ever play Ruck on a full sized Ground”

The List So Far:

5. Bulldogs 2016
4. Hawthorn 2013
3. Sydney 2005
2. Richmond 2017

5. Western Bulldogs 2016

Typical charity flag for the bulldogs having come 7th but still getting a home final at the MCG against the higher placed Swans. Would have been demolished by 10 goals plus against the cats had we got through. Free Kick count of 180 - 3 across the final series. Lacked stars being a side of role players

Top 4 to come...stand by

Waiting for your list of "worst Prelim Final teams since 2000" so we can finally get to talk about Geelong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a third pinched flag in the AFL years?

I might watch it again from that angle

Our premierships are like the spice girls...each one a different personality

1991......Slowwwww spice
2008......Bradbury spice
2013.......Angry spice
2014.......Avenger spice
2015.......Hot spice
Unfortunately now your old spice

2: Richmond 2017

One of the least talented premiership winning sides of all time. The side literally had Dustin Martin, Alex Rance and a bunch of absolute scrubbers who could chase and tackle. The AFL ensured the "fairy tale" ground breaker with strict instructions for the umpires to look after the Tigers at all opportunities throughout the final series and the AFL themselves ensured that the Tigers would never leave their cheat ground despite them finishing lower on the ladder than two of their opponents.
I was going to say that we were gifted our Captain being allowed to play by the tribunal. But you don't rate him so the tribunal decision wasn't a factor. Pity about Hawkins getting rubbed out wasn't it😂

2: Richmond 2017

One of the least talented premiership winning sides of all time. The side literally had Dustin Martin, Alex Rance and a bunch of absolute scrubbers who could chase and tackle. The AFL ensured the "fairy tale" ground breaker with strict instructions for the umpires to look after the Tigers at all opportunities throughout the final series and the AFL themselves ensured that the Tigers would never leave their cheat ground despite them finishing lower on the ladder than two of their opponents.
Really glad you brought up the umpire assistance in 2017. Let me check. Oh yeah that's right. RFC received the least free kicks of all 18 clubs. So let's rule that out. This whole salty thread is coming down to Geelong being unable to win away from Geelong. I've been watching football since the late 60s I've seen Richmond dominate Geelong for a short period but until 2017 we couldn't get near you. So for me the wins over Geelong are more satisfying than the GF wins (almost). I can't believe how well you go every year. This bleating by the coach about this home ground stuff is just pathetic. Unfortunately in this day and age this drivel gets airplay.

1: Tie (Richmond 2019 & Hawthorn 2015)

Too hard to split the obvious winners of this accolade. Richmond 2019 were a horrendous football team who were absolutely kissed on the dick in every way possible from the mid point of the season onwards. Once again they had nobody on the injury or suspension list come September and faced off against opponents who the afl and injury gods ensured were crippled. Even then it took bias umpiring and rule changes made to suit their game plan (6/6/6) and not leaving the G for the last 3 months of the season in order for them to get over the line.

Hawthorn 2015 were unfairly awarded a home final against a side that had comprehensive pants them in the qualifying final and who had proven for years unable to win at the G. Had the game been in Perth the result was reversed. When combining this with a charmed run with the maggots and compromised drafts / free agency propping up their average list its hard to take the whole threepeat narrative seriously
In the 2017 team you said RFC had 2 good player, one of whom was Rance. Take him out of 2019, (as he was injured all year) are you saying Dusty pretty much did it all?

Let's discuss injury. Hawkins suspension balanced out by Broad concussion and Graham shoulder injury. 666 brought in to help Richmond? Wasn't Geelong supporter Whatley whinging about the state of the game. After Richmond are up and about. So with Geelong's Hocking in charge rushes through the kick in rules, the ruck rules and 666. What do we get? Lowest scoring in decades and another Richmond flag. What's Whatley gunna do now? With a bleating Scott in front of the cameras, Whatley's mouth and then Hocking in charge no wonder I am starting to take special pleasure in Geelong's trouble

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back