Vettel switch to Ferrari

Remove this Banner Ad

He had £120M reasons to move.

Does it need its own thread though? 2015 thread has it covered.

Also replied to a post from June in that thread with no new information. The OP is a strange one.

Massive dummy spit by the German finger and ultimate compliment to Daniel Ricciardo. Well done Dan, he doesn't like being No 2. Good luck Seb in your big red car.
He has had a pre-contract with Ferrari for years. Once the complete Red Bull domination stopped he was gone. Regardless of Ricciardo.

He had £120M reasons to move.

Does it need its own thread though? 2015 thread has it covered.

Also replied to a post from June in that thread with no new information. The OP is a strange one.
Big deal starting a new topic is it ladies? Didn't know I had to ask permission or sift through 180 odd posts to see if it's been covered. Would have thought it's big news in F1.

On what Ferrari are rumoured to have paid him, isn't there a cap on what drivers are paid? Recall seeing a list of what every driver is on in 2014 and all the top drivers were on about 32 mill.

Big deal starting a new topic is it ladies? Didn't know I had to ask permission or sift through 180 odd posts to see if it's been covered. Would have thought it's big news in F1.

Yep, all of us had no idea about the news from yesterday morning. None at all.

On what Ferrari are rumoured to have paid him, isn't there a cap on what drivers are paid? Recall seeing a list of what every driver is on in 2014 and all the top drivers were on about 32 mill.
No cap on what drivers can be paid. They were talking about bringing in a cap for spending on the team, but drivers salary have never even been spoken about as being limited.

No cap on what drivers can be paid. They were talking about bringing in a cap for spending on the team, but drivers salary have never even been spoken about as being limited.
I just found it a strange coincidence about 4 or 5 drivers were all on about 31 to 32 mill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No we all realise you started the thread to troll Vettel.

This.
LP4xX5d.jpg

Geezus, I've never come across a bigger bunch of mummys boys. Start a topic that is "topical" and look at the way you princesses carry on. Probably still haven't left the nest some of you.

Reality is Vettel pulled rank in 2010 and the first time the car loses he runs.

It's a permanant stain on his character. It's how he'll be remembered.

Lets be honest. Next year Riccardio is going to be even better. His popularity amongst fans of other teams is unheralded. He's left a 4 time world champion at the top of their game, in his wake. Vettel doesn't want to be a number two driver

To be even more honest, Vettel has run to Ferrari whose number two driver is crap.

To be even more honest, vettels WDC's are now regarded as the softest ever.

Hoe many blokes win 4 titles in a row and the first sign of tough times betray the team and leave? This should be a concern for Ferrari hiring Vettel. The guy has no loyalty, can not be trusted. To get these 4 titles he split the team in two causing them to hamper the efforts of his teammate, his biggest rival.

I hope alonso wins a title in a mclaren before riccradio in a redbull.

#foreverloyal2Webber

Hoe many blokes win 4 titles in a row and the first sign of tough times betray the team and leave?

Well considering that before VET it there was only 2 others who had won 4 straight WDC, you don't really have a very large sample size.

#foreverloyal2Webber

Well you can continue to watch him race in the WEC :)

So how many?
Other than VET, there is only Schumacher and Fangio that have won 4 WDC in a row (well, Schumacher actually won 5 in a row...).

Fangio retired after his last WDC so you can't really count him as he never had "bad" times after his 4th WDC, and Schumacher stayed with Ferrari after 2005, but it wasn't like they had a s**t car (though the Bridgestone tires took care of that that for them in 05) and he challenged and nearly won the WDC again in 2006 (he retired for the first time at the end of that season).

So to answer your question as to how many (not including Fangio) = 50%

Last edited:
Vettel has chosen the tougher option here - Red Bull are generally good at designing good cars, and even without Newry's direct influence, you can bet he'll still have some involvement too.

Ferrari have been propped up by Alonso's skills over the past few years. In 2012 the car was the third best on the grid, at times not even that, certainly behind the Red Bulls and McLarens in terms of speed, and at times the Lotus was quicker too. He drove that car magnificently and made the most out of every race. I cannot see Vettel doing the same. I can see him surprising all of us by doing better than expected, but at the same time, he must be hoping Ferrari can sort out their woes and produce a decent car.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back