Portfolio VFA Jumpers (by West_Coast_Eagles)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok found it...

Lets be honest im s**t at paint. Is there somone else out there prepared to help me edit these jumpers? Or add ones i missed?

Re: VFA Jumpers

The game has a rich history and rivalry between Fremantle and Perth (twin city competition). Naturally the rivalry between Norwood and Port Adelaide is legendary, and what Collingwood, Essendon and Carlton pretend to have.

This is the game - not just what has happened in one state.

If you want to talk legendary rivalry, try the VFA/VFL's Port Melbourne and Williamstown. I would go as far as saying no other rivalry in the country has as much history or spite behind it.

The last chapter in the tail was a beauty. Port completes an undefeated season (first in 93 years) by rolling Williamstown in the big one.

Plus there will be another interesting chapter... in Round 7 this year, Williamstown will play their first game at home since August 2010 (after ground/grandstand renovations)... and it will be against Port Melbourne :eek:

However, in a way of agreeing with ADoseOfCrows, it should be said that the VFL/AFL is distorting history. Not Victoria as a whole, because the large and proud VFA history is largely being ignored by the AFL.

Re: Vfa jumpers

Just started recreating some of those jumpers Bradles. Most of them should be up by tomorrow night.

Re: VFA Jumpers

If you want to talk legendary rivalry, try the VFA/VFL's Port Melbourne and Williamstown. I would go as far as saying no other rivalry in the country has as much history or spite behind it.
s
The last chapter in the tail was a beauty. Port completes an undefeated eason (first in 93 years) by rolling Williamstown in the big one.

Plus there will be another interesting chapter... in Round 7 this year, Williamstown will play their first game at home since August 2010 (after ground/grandstand renovations)... and it will be against Port Melbourne :eek:

Unfortunately the game has been switched to North Port Oval as Williamstowns's ground upgrade is not finished.

Still should be a ripper.

When i did the jumpers back to the early 70s i posted werribees current jumper. Silly me not thinking they wouldnt have been able to screen print a tiger on a jumper back then. The w does look good and is simple The vfl should have a heritage round

In the late 60's & 70,s Werribee wore Black with a yellow sash just like Richmond.Then in the 80's when they didn't want to be like Richmond, they went the reverse, being Yellow with a black sash& red cuffs and collar ( wrong ), I wore it in the thirds.then they introduced the W jumper, but original one had red on top of the yellow W ,,,then when Michael Turner coached in the late 80's they removed the red, which is the same jumper they won the flag in 1993,,,, just some useless trivia lol

Mordi,s is right, Waverly had black & red vertical stripes, love the forum , good work fella's,,,

Sounds like you played when the vfa sunk like a ship late 80's early 90's :-( what was it like? Must have been tough teams dropping out of seasons after 3 rounds.

If there is anything you can add that would be great!

Does anyone know what the writing on the back of the port melbourne jumper was ( fred cook days)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, it all happened so quick , probably when Geelong West folded, that showed there was more money in the local leagues. I actually remember Caulfield wearing north Melbourne jumpers. Also when the VFA teams became VFL , which became Afl reserves, it lost the passion for the crowds, for example instead of seeing the best footballers that your local town can produce on a Sunday, you ended up watching players you didn't know, had never lived in your town or suburb. The only reason they were there, is because an AFL team had recruited him from interstate, and he had taken the place of a local kid. After originally wearing St Kilda jumpers, Frankston were all Black, with a thin red and white vertical stripe on the left hand side. ,,, all coming out now lol,

Some good memorys of playing VFA was, we used Ross Faulkner footys, very pointy and hard, so you would only kick torpedos in the first half, in fear of breaking your foot lol until the ball. Was kicked in , also they were no wings, 16 a side , so very open, we kicked 20 goals in a final once and still lost .

Sounds like you played when the vfa sunk like a ship late 80's early 90's :-( what was it like? Must have been tough teams dropping out of seasons after 3 rounds.

Does anyone know what the writing on the back of the port melbourne jumper was ( fred cook days)

It was an electrical company I think, JVC or NEC something short like that.

It was AWA.

200px-Amalgamated_Wireless_%28Australasia%29_logo.svg.png

Alright, I've made the first five. More should be up tonight.

Dandenong Redlegs

DandenongRedlegs.png

Caulfield Bears

CaulfieldBears.png

Coburg Lions/Tigers

CoburgTigers.png

Camberwell Cobras

CamberwellCobras.png

Brunswick Magpies

BrunswickMagpies-1.png

Feel free to nitpick :thumbsu:

Only "gripe" is the template. These jumpers, by and large, should have straight sides. Collars too, for that matter, but that's up to you.

Yeah. I just tried to go with the simple (X)Blades collar. Close as I could get I to a v-neck.

I think Doc could organise that.

Can you keep your's up until mine are complete just for reference.

Nah not what I meant about the collar - I meant, in the past, VFA jumpers had a proper shirt-like collar. You know, in the old days before plastic jumpers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back