Portfolio VFA Jumpers (by West_Coast_Eagles)

Remove this Banner Ad

West_Coast_Eagles

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Box hill Mustangs

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Brunswick

Camberwell Cobras

Caufield Bears

Coburg Tigers/Lions

Dandenong Redlegs

Frankston Dolphins

Geelong West Roosters

Moorabbin Kangaroos

Mordialloc Bloods

Northcote Dragons

North Ballarat Roosters

Oakleigh

Prahran Two Blues

Port Melbourne Borough

Preston / Northen Bullants

Sandringham Zebras

Springvale Scorpions

Re: Vfa jumpers

Sunshine Crows

Taralgon Maroons

Werribee Tigers

Williamstown Seagulls

Yarraville Eagles

In the Mid 80s The League had 2 divisions and was huge The league was Pulling Massive Crowds On sundays With Channel 10 Broadcasting the games.

By The late 80sthe league had reached Its peak and it was all downhill from there. Within 10 Years the league was basically Gone. The Country teams like taralgon bendigo and noth Ballarat came into the comp in the 90's and all were pretty Bad Except For noth ballarat. at the end of 1999 the league folded and merged with the then VSFL - the Afl Reserves.

EDIT: Used Google to do my research, and from what i previousally knew.
Thanks to Mero whos jumper i used for brunswick caufield dany and moorabin.

Thanks to omegaville who i Used off google mordiallic and oakleigh and yarravile.

and used images off wiki

Well done Bradles, a really good resource for all to use.:)

Did a really good job with the jumpers, especially taking into consideration that you used paint!

Thanks efh.
I just had a crack as no1 Had done it before. I missed kylsyth and waverly from post 60s teams. Didnt do tassie as they were never in the vfa.missed bendogo diggers aswell.

------

Compared to the sanfl and wafl the vfa had so many clubs. Some of which only lasted 2 or 3 seasons. Kylsyth was one like this

The jumper i liked from them all was camberwell. Nice style jumper

Please if anyone has anything to add please pm me and ill add.

-------

Does anyone know where the vfa played there finals? And where there administration was located? And where they played there finals?

From what I've read, the VFA was not really comparable to the SANFL or WAFL - the VFL was the equivalent there. The VFA welcomed teams to and farewelled them from its ranks on many occasions and had two divisions for much of its existence, with promotion and relegation between the two.

From what I've read, the VFA was not really comparable to the SANFL or WAFL - the VFL was the equivalent there. The VFA welcomed teams to and farewelled them from its ranks on many occasions and had two divisions for much of its existence, with promotion and relegation between the two.

There were so many strong Local league clubs that seemed to join in the mid 70-early 80s. Like kylsyth and werribee. But from what i understood the vfa and vfl were rivals. And the nail in the coffin was the army cup- vfl reserves comp that was run on sundays and televised, head to head with the vfa.
Also when south moved to sydney there home games were televised on a sunday head to head with the vfa.

If the vfa was sucessful and still runing today im sure teams like noble park and hidelburg would be in it.

Does anyone know where the vfa played there finals? And where there administration was located? And where they played there finals?

Played finals at the Junction Oval in StKilda.
Their administration used to be across the road from the MCG in east Melbourne.
And they played their finals at the Junction Oval in StKilda.

Played finals at the Junction Oval in StKilda.
Their administration used to be across the road from the MCG in east Melbourne.
And they played their finals at the Junction Oval in StKilda.

Thanks mero.
The junction must have been packed!!
From your research , Did i get all the jumper right mero?
And did i miss any besides kylsyth and waverly and bendigo??
If you know what kylsyth and waverly looked like that would be great.

Northcote.gif

Northcote

Prahran.gif

Prahran

Springvale.gif

Springvale

Camberwell.gif

Camberwell

Northcote.gif

Northcote

Prahran.gif

Prahran

Springvale.gif

Springvale

Camberwell.gif

Camberwell

I thought northcotes was a v ? In there old footy cards they had a v . And i found a image of camberwells but the pic was side on. I knew i stuffed parahn and springvales up with wrong colors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep pretty sure kylsyth was esseNdon. After seeing there current strip

-----

Im still not 100% on mordallic's jumper
Im pretty sure it had a v style in red and white not red and white stripes.
Has anyone got a pic of mordi's jumper??

I thought northcotes was a v ? In there old footy cards they had a v . And i found a image of camberwells but the pic was side on. I knew i stuffed parahn and springvales up with wrong colors.

1930s Northcote was a Vee, mayeb even up to the 60s. But from the 70s and 80s they were stripes.
IMG_3016.JPG

north brunswick wore hoops up untill about 10 years ago then changed to the jail bars

did you mean as in geelongs?

question? which oval did brunswick play at? theres 2 major sorta ovals in brunswick 1 out near lygon street with a granstand and one near like albert street with a granstand.

also was cleaning today and came across a book.

melbourne surburban football grounds written by santo caruso.

awsome book with heaps and heaps of info and jumper pics

Kilsyth Cougars wore Black with a red sash similar to the Bombers and also wore a red with black sash on a few occasions.

Waverly Panthers wore a completly Black guernsey with a White W, for a few seasons they had WFC.

West Melbourne wore Red and White Hoops merged with North Melbourne
Essendon A's Dreadnoughts Black and Red merged with North Melbourne after the Bombers took over Windy Hill.

Albert Park Red and White merged with South Melbourne

Brighton merged with South Caulfield in 1962 to become Brighton-Caulfield Initially dark and light blue; white and red 1912-47; maroon and gold from 1948Penguins became Caufield Bears Blue and White Hoops.

Sunshine Crows wore Blue and White

Yarraville Villains / Eagles wore maroon guernseys with a White circle with the letters YFC inside.

Brunswick Potteryworkers

Melbourne City Citizens Maroon and White

Northcote Brickfielders Green and Gold Vertical stripes, 2 seasons with the vee.

Geelong West Roosters Originally wore Red guernseys with a white monogram but reversed it's colours to avoid confusion with Preston.

There is much more info out there it's just a struggle to find it.

did you mean as in geelongs?

question? which oval did brunswick play at? theres 2 major sorta ovals in brunswick 1 out near lygon street with a granstand and one near like albert street with a granstand.

also was cleaning today and came across a book.

melbourne surburban football grounds written by santo caruso.

awsome book with heaps and heaps of info and jumper pics

I'm guessing that Brunswick played at Alex G Gillon Oval. He played for the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back