wizardwaffle

Club Legend
Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Have added a new Brighton Penguins picture. The background is from my collection of pictures of the Brighton FC. The backgrounds will be the new historical picture which will be added to the collection.

wizardwaffle

Club Legend
Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
Would you call the latest new second tie league as being the death of the VFA/VFL. A new competition which includes the VFL clubs and Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sydney and GWS and Southport and Ansley. Is it time to close my VFA/VFL competition thread, because this competition isn't the VFA. The VFL competiton was the surviving VFA clubs with the reserve sides of the Victorian AFL clubs.

Prison bar Pete

Premium Platinum
Dec 20, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies!
Would you call the latest new second tie league as being the death of the VFA/VFL. A new competition which includes the VFL clubs and Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sydney and GWS and Southport and Ansley. Is it time to close my VFA/VFL competition thread, because this competition isn't the VFA. The VFL competiton was the surviving VFA clubs with the reserve sides of the Victorian AFL clubs.
Toss of the coin really. It's the continuation of the VFL with additional teams so you could continue this thread. However the expansion/amalgamation lends itself to starting a new thread. I reckon the definitive trigger point for change would be if the comp changes name to the AFL Reserves, sheds non-AFL teams and teams such as Port & Adelaide (& perhaps the WA teams) join though. Whatever you decide, keep up the good work mate.

Remove this Banner Ad