Remove this Banner Ad

Obi fella

Cancelled
May 12, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Williamstown
I love Coburg's theme song. It's a classic. At times I've hated hearing it but if I was a Lions fan, I'd be proud hearing it & singing it loudly! Following Willy, It's been hard trying to learn a new song the hierarchy decided to change a while back. I'm nearly there but it's still difficult to embrace a new theme song.

YouTube Coburg's theme song - Classic.

Post your VFA / VFL Theme song thoughts & memories. Cheers

Screenshot_20180322-213621-810x1440.png

I love the Coburg theme. Have sung it loud and proud a few times.

Willy and Port having the same song is odd, especially if Willy changed it, given the huge rivalry between the clubs

I love the Coburg theme. Have sung it loud and proud a few times.

Willy and Port having the same song is odd, especially if Willy changed it, given the huge rivalry between the clubs
Both clubs had 'It's a Grand old Flag...' as their song for as long as I can remember. Port: 'Every heart beats true for the red and the blue...' Willy: 'Every heart beats true for the gold and the blue...' About 20 years ago Willy changed theirs. It put a dampner on winning the '03 Granny. Lots of Willy fans started singing the old song & an unfamiliar tune was blaring out of the speakers at Princes Park.

Both clubs had 'It's a Grand old Flag...' as their song for as long as I can remember. Port: 'Every heart beats true for the red and the blue...' Willy: 'Every heart beats true for the gold and the blue...' About 20 years ago Willy changed theirs. It put a dampner on winning the '03 Granny. Lots of Willy fans started singing the old song & an unfamiliar tune was blaring out of the speakers at Princes Park.

Didn't Willy have "Anchors away" as their song. Seem to remember that as a young boy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back