VFL VFL 2019

Todays numbers were just handed out jumpers and not season numbers. CJ took up where he left off but was defo missing his mates Nash Holmes and Nick Rippon. From my vantage point in the shade with an eye on my little mate, nobody really stood out. Mind you it was hard with new numbers and haircuts. A blonde fella played fullback in the 1st half was solid, and brave, a couple of smaller blokes have some good footwork/steps on them too. Definitely looked a bit smaller across the field without the everpresent 3 AFL listed blokes last year. No Xerri or Larkey either. The big fella in the ruck played a few games last year, has added a bit of muscle to his frame. Nashy has a bit of a niggle and Rippo is jetsetting :-D First praccy game of the year, get through unscathed and go again next week :)

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Todays numbers were just handed out jumpers and not season numbers. CJ took up where he left off but was defo missing his mates Nash Holmes and Nick Rippon. From my vantage point in the shade with an eye on my little mate, nobody really stood out. Mind you it was hard with new numbers and haircuts. A blonde fella played fullback in the 1st half was solid, and brave, a couple of smaller blokes have some good footwork/steps on them too. Definitely looked a bit smaller across the field without the everpresent 3 AFL listed blokes last year. No Xerri or Larkey either. The big fella in the ruck played a few games last year, has added a bit of muscle to his frame. Nashy has a bit of a niggle and Rippo is jetsetting :-D First praccy game of the year, get through unscathed and go again next week :)

Thanks for a report but I didn’t really care about the VFL listed players tbh.

How did Watson, Wilkinson etc go?

Thanks for a report but I didn’t really care about the VFL listed players tbh.

How did Watson, Wilkinson etc go?
It is the VFL thread though. Watson, am not sure he played, unless he was the FF in#24 but that could have been Curtis Taylor, idk. Wilkinson, well at least I knew who he was and like pretty much everyone else, didn't really stand out. May have snagged a goal or 2 up the other end, but did not trouble the scorers in the 2nd and what I saw of the last. Played forward though.

Heard today that Joel Crocker played and that scores were pretty much level with about 2 minutes to go. Zebras banged in 3 right at the end

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Got told by a mate that Hayden played back a bit, can anyone confirm?

Got told by a mate that Hayden played back a bit, can anyone confirm?
Dunno mate, he defo ran through the midfield and certainly would have pushed back in that regard. He did not start in the backline in the 1st or 3rd quarter from memory

Waussie

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dunno mate, he defo ran through the midfield and certainly would have pushed back in that regard. He did not start in the backline in the 1st or 3rd quarter from memory
Thanks mate. 2nd and 3rd hand news.

https://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2019-03-08/vfl-squad-finalised

North Melbourne has finalised its VFL playing squad ahead of the season proper next month.

Among the key inclusions are Alex Morgan, who returns to Arden Street in 2019 after being delisted from the club’s AFL side at the end of last year.

Morgan made his AFL debut in Round 17 last year, tallying 18 disposals and taking nine marks in his first senior appearance.

The speedy defender will be joined by former Sydney utility Daniel Robinson, who played 25 games across five seasons for the Swans.

Robinson featured nine times at AFL level in 2018, averaging 12.2 disposals per game, while holding an imposing average of 37 disposals in the NEAFL.

The 24-year-old was a prolific ball-winner at NEAFL level, listing amongst the best performed players for the Swans in seven separate games last season.

North’s defensive stocks have also been boosted by the addition of mature defender Sam Parsons from reigning premiers Box Hill.

Boasting excellent decision-making and composure beyond his years, Parsons will bolster the Roos’ youthful defensive six, providing coverage in several key areas.

Standing at 191cm, Parsons will join development coach and VFL player Brendan Whitecross as the latest Hawk to make the switch to Arden Street.

Joining North as both a development coach as well and VFL player, Whitecross brings 11 years of AFL experience to the side.

A host of familiar names have been retained, including the likes of Nash Holmes, Ty Leonardis, Louis Cunningham and Fraser Cameron, joining last year’s co-captain Chris Jansen and inaugural John Law Medallist Nick Rippon.

51. Tom Hotchin
52. Nick Rippon
53. Ty Leonardis
54. Jordy McIvor
55. Mitch Rodd
56. Brendan Whitecross
57. Alex Morgan
58. Jordan Harper
59. Nash Holmes
60. Lachie McLean
61. Chris Jansen
62. Fraser Cameron
63. Sam Parsons
64. Louis Cunningham
65. Joey Ugle
66. Liam McVeigh
67. Lewin Davis
68. Quintin Montanaro
69. Rhys Mutch
70. Nick Hogan
71. Matt Northe
72. Dan Robinson
73. Lachlan Mirams
74. Brodie McLaughlin
75. Cameron Hodges

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Craigeburn this week:

Saturday March 9

North Melbourne Vs Frankston at Highgate Recreation Reserve (Craigieburn)

12.00pm start
I'm keen to have a look this week but I'd like to know which listed players will be out there. It'd be a fair hike, and one not really worthwhile, if we only had 4 or 5 suit up.

It was on the website last who was playing. Hopefully we do the same this week.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
https://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2019-03-08/vfl-squad-finalised

North Melbourne has finalised its VFL playing squad ahead of the season proper next month.

Among the key inclusions are Alex Morgan, who returns to Arden Street in 2019 after being delisted from the club’s AFL side at the end of last year.

Morgan made his AFL debut in Round 17 last year, tallying 18 disposals and taking nine marks in his first senior appearance.

The speedy defender will be joined by former Sydney utility Daniel Robinson, who played 25 games across five seasons for the Swans.

Robinson featured nine times at AFL level in 2018, averaging 12.2 disposals per game, while holding an imposing average of 37 disposals in the NEAFL.

The 24-year-old was a prolific ball-winner at NEAFL level, listing amongst the best performed players for the Swans in seven separate games last season.

North’s defensive stocks have also been boosted by the addition of mature defender Sam Parsons from reigning premiers Box Hill.

Boasting excellent decision-making and composure beyond his years, Parsons will bolster the Roos’ youthful defensive six, providing coverage in several key areas.

Standing at 191cm, Parsons will join development coach and VFL player Brendan Whitecross as the latest Hawk to make the switch to Arden Street.

Joining North as both a development coach as well and VFL player, Whitecross brings 11 years of AFL experience to the side.

A host of familiar names have been retained, including the likes of Nash Holmes, Ty Leonardis, Louis Cunningham and Fraser Cameron, joining last year’s co-captain Chris Jansen and inaugural John Law Medallist Nick Rippon.

51. Tom Hotchin
52. Nick Rippon
53. Ty Leonardis
54. Jordy McIvor
55. Mitch Rodd
56. Brendan Whitecross
57. Alex Morgan
58. Jordan Harper
59. Nash Holmes
60. Lachie McLean
61. Chris Jansen
62. Fraser Cameron
63. Sam Parsons
64. Louis Cunningham
65. Joey Ugle
66. Liam McVeigh
67. Lewin Davis
68. Quintin Montanaro
69. Rhys Mutch
70. Nick Hogan
71. Matt Northe
72. Dan Robinson
73. Lachlan Mirams
74. Brodie McLaughlin
75. Cameron Hodges

So who are the other outs other than Whelan, Close & Stroobants? We have turned over a few more than just those three

So who are the other outs other than Whelan, Close & Stroobants? We have turned over a few more than just those three
Our 2018 list

http://m.nmfc.com.au/news/2018-01-29/vfl-list-confirmed

North's VFL list
Fraser Cameron
Michael Close
Louis Cunningham
Rhys Free
Jordan Harper
Max Hayes
Nick Hogan
Nash Holmes
Tom Hotchin
Chris Jansen
Tyrone Leonardis
Jordan Mangan
Patrick McCarthy
Jordy McIvor-Clark
Lachlan Mirams
Quintin Montanaro
Koe Ngawati
Matt Northe
Chris Peart
Nick Rippon
Mitch Rodd
Brandon Ryan
Steve Stroobants
Liam Whelan

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Out:

Michael Close,
Rhys Free
Max Hayes
Jordan Mangan
Patrick McCarthy
Koe Ngawati
Chris Peart
Brandon Ryan
Steeve Stroobants
Liam Whelan

In:

Brendan Whitecross
Alex Morgan
Lachie McLean
Sam Parsons
Joey Ugle
Liam McVeigh
Rhys Mutch
Dan Robinson
Brodie McLaughlin
Cameron Hodges

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Who was that 200cm bloke who filled in and did well as a forward during 2018? May not have been on our VFL list, not sure how it works.

Close?

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Out:

Michael Close,
Rhys Free
Max Hayes
Jordan Mangan
Patrick McCarthy
Koe Ngawati
Chris Peart
Brandon Ryan
Steeve Stroobants
Liam Whelan

In:

Brendan Whitecross
Alex Morgan
Lachie McLean
Sam Parsons
Joey Ugle
Liam McVeigh
Rhys Mutch
Dan Robinson
Brodie McLaughlin
Cameron Hodges

Of the ones we lost Close is really only the big loss. Haven’t really filled that with another quality tall but added more depth across the field with Morgan, Whitecross, Parsons & Robinson.

With that list I’m tipping somewhere between 6-12 more towards the bottom end of that mainly because of the lack of tall depth.

Feb 19, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Of the ones we lost Close is really only the big loss. Haven’t really filled that with another quality tall but added more depth across the field with Morgan, Whitecross, Parsons & Robinson.

With that list I’m tipping somewhere between 6-12 more towards the bottom end of that mainly because of the lack of tall depth.
Already in sync with the senior team. : people's eyebrow :

Back