VFL VFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Was a bloody good game of footy to watch. The stats won't show how good Dec Watson was in defence, reckon he has Sherrin printed on his knuckles, would have had 15 spoils for the day. Very vocal and played really well. Xerri played his best game to date, imo. Was clunking everything and more mobile than I have seen him before. Kicked nicely. Big Tom was a beast all day, Haydon likewise. Nobody didn't go when it was their turn, and better than that, they all went as hard as they could when they did go.

I reckon Mitch Rodd was there too, just being monitored atm for effects of concussion against the Dees a few weeks ago.

Rickety, always good to get your opinion, stats never tell the full story. Thanks again
Mate it was a great game to watch, little blokes like Hodge and Hrovat going back with the flight, or taking speccies, ruckmen not letting runners get away, big blokes clunking long balls, goals from the boundary or from bouncing runs, from each team. Good footy

Thanks for the updates everyone, especially rickety. Tell me - can Crocker play?
He can play. His disposal today was mostly good, as usual, but 2 or 3 went awry, almost horribly, but that's football. IIRC from in here somewhere, he has missed a bit of footy, so I would be happy, or at least content, to see him play the year with the VFL team. That said, he has never not gone when its his turn, and goes as hard at it as everyone else.

Not to mention the VFL guys. Nash Holmes was up and about early on, I think his possession count slowed a little, but his tackle count and competitiveness was there all day. CJ again seemed to have more of it than the stats say, certainly hit a few good balls that resulted in at least scoring shots. Robinson was bloody good all day too, at each end, as was Whitecross. Northe was always busy around goal and in tandem with Hrovat

Was a bloody good game of footy to watch. The stats won't show how good Dec Watson was in defence, reckon he has Sherrin printed on his knuckles, would have had 15 spoils for the day. Very vocal and played really well. Xerri played his best game to date, imo. Was clunking everything and more mobile than I have seen him before. Kicked nicely. Big Tom was a beast all day, Haydon likewise. Nobody didn't go when it was their turn, and better than that, they all went as hard as they could when they did go.

I reckon Mitch Rodd was there too, just being monitored atm for effects of concussion against the Dees a few weeks ago.

Thoughts on Hall’s game ? Noticed he had 7 tackles

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thoughts on Hall’s game ? Noticed he had 7 tackles

Mate he was good all day. Played through the middle and was in the centre for many restarts. Kicked a gorgeous 3 bounce running goal from about 50 after a neat 1 2. He was good, impressive. Even politely asked a VFL team mates name as "he just didn't know". Did not shirk a contest, worked hard.

Mate he was good all day. Played through the middle and was in the centre for many restarts. Kicked a gorgeous 3 bounce running goal from about 50 after a neat 1 2. He was good, impressive. Even politely asked a VFL team mates name as "he just didn't know". Did not shirk a contest, worked hard.

Cheers . I guess we need to make a decision if he’s best 22 or just a depth player.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree in general and I hope with Hrovat as well. Like I said, would love to see him in a team that is going well. Curious as to whether he's ever had the kind of figures in the VFL that he is at the moment, that's a couple of weeks of very, very impressive football in the last few.

He was on the list of the premiers in 2016 and only played 4 games. He really had next to no impact.

In a premiership contending side he is depth only.

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne

So we’ve shifted Watson back again after he played all pre-season in the forward line?

The mind boggles.

So we’ve shifted Watson back again after he played all pre-season in the forward line?

The mind boggles.
It might just be temporary due to injuries to Rodd and Murphy, Durdin before last week as well. Played bloody well today, undersized but as good as anyone else out there, imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FB_IMG_1557684020016.jpg
FB_IMG_1557683816009.jpg

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It might just be temporary due to injuries to Rodd and Murphy, Durdin before last week as well. Played bloody well today, undersized but as good as anyone else out there, imo

Fair enough!

He just seems a bit of a tweener to me, not tall enough to be a genuine KP but doesn’t quite play the third tall role that well.

Good to hear he is starting to get his season back on track though! Hopefully he can have a strong month and push for selection.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
Versatility is an underrated quality. It's in the kid's best interests to be available to play in multiple positions.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

NMFC-header.png

State league affiliate: North Melbourne (VFL)
This weekend: North Melbourne v Geelong - Sunday, May 12, 2.30pm, Avalon Airport Oval

Experienced small forward Nathan Hrovat put his hand up for a recall with a brilliant six-goal haul for North Melbourne's VFL side during their 20-point victory over Geelong's VFL affiliate at Avalon Airport Oval.

Hrovat booted 6.3, while pulling down eight telling marks and collecting 16 disposals in a superb individual effort that is likely to put him the frame for a recall to the senior side.

Dumped midfielder Aaron Hall also impressed with 29 touches and two goals, while Paul Ahern (25 disposals) and Luke Davies-Uniacke (23) found plenty of the ball.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Fair enough!

He just seems a bit of a tweener to me, not tall enough to be a genuine KP but doesn’t quite play the third tall role that well.

Good to hear he is starting to get his season back on track though! Hopefully he can have a strong month and push for selection.

I may have egg on my face at the end of the year if he gets delisted. But I saw enough in 2 hours in the intra club on decent AFL level defenders to know this guy has a serious future if developed correctly.

He should be playing the Mason Wood role at VFL level.

He's a hard matchup in the Miocheck mould, his lack of height is actually an advantage when he plays forward, he was just far too mobile for Thompson etc when he was motoring around.

NMFC-header.png

State league affiliate: North Melbourne (VFL)
This weekend: North Melbourne v Geelong - Sunday, May 12, 2.30pm, Avalon Airport Oval

Experienced small forward Nathan Hrovat put his hand up for a recall with a brilliant six-goal haul for North Melbourne's VFL side during their 20-point victory over Geelong's VFL affiliate at Avalon Airport Oval.

Hrovat booted 6.3, while pulling down eight telling marks and collecting 16 disposals in a superb individual effort that is likely to put him the frame for a recall to the senior side.

Dumped midfielder Aaron Hall also impressed with 29 touches and two goals, while Paul Ahern (25 disposals) and Luke Davies-Uniacke (23) found plenty of the ball.

Those figures from Hrovat are pretty insane. Over half of his 16 disposals were shots on goal... I think Hall has done exactly what he needed to and to be honest I thought he was a touch stiff to go out. Maybe we should give Higgins a rest (either from the middle to go HFF or completely as a refresh). Hall is basically the same except he tackles 5 times as much and doesn't seem to have a brick glued to his shoe at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back