VFL VFL 2019

Do you write apology letters to all the cab drivers who ripped you off over the years? Or do you just order your Uber?

I attended a game of football in England this year and the Leeds fans sang "he's one of our own, he's one of ownnnnnn, Jimmy Saville - he's one of our own" now I know Jmac isn't nearly as horrible as old mate Jimmy, but this attitude towards Sharky Macmillan is ridiculous bordering as inappropriate as the Saville chants.
He is an ordinary player at best and we are killing it without him. We are stopping run ons, looking like a hard team to play against.

Lol. Did you just translate that from spanish? “Lucky that my breasts are small and humble, so you don’t confuse them with mountains”. It reads like that.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crocker’s leg speed and defensive work gives me hope that we may have finally found an elite lockdown small defender, even though he can play anywhere when he develops.

Quintero

All Australian
May 16, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
River Plate
s**tty analogy. Stupid at best and needs a card.

Appreciate your input.

Speaking of cards, are you actually buying your own membership card these days?

Lol. Did you just translate that from spanish? “Lucky that my breasts are small and humble, so you don’t confuse them with mountains”. It reads like that.

Haha my hips don't lie Shakira. Y si señor, I use Google translate all the time to confirm I'm writing what I think I'm writing - didn't help me on this occasion.

Are you from Venezuela, Caracas? I'm surprised you didn't choose Venezuela Pleasure Island (Margherita Island).

Thewlis Dish

Cancelled
10k Posts
Sep 9, 2003
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
FGR
Seeing young Crock run around yesterday was like going to back to 1985, when running, he has exactly the same gait and slight tilt of the head as his papa Darren, and looks like a very good prospect too.

There was a bit of play in the first quarter where he took a gutsy mark, then turned the ball over with a short kick which led to a goal (with a 50). His reaction was great though - was absolutely filthy with himself. He's gonna be a player.

groo

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2009
geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Interesting set of bests. I would have had Rippon best on. He, Leonardis and Holmes were all excellent with effectively no AFL listed mids in the team. Garner, McKay, Taylor, Campbell, Xerri the clear bests of the AFL-listed guys. Macmillan was good but not up to what I would have expected of him at the level.
Mcmillan's possessions also include the 5 to 6 kick-ins he had. Those same possessions are also often included in his rebound 50 count. Sometimes the rebound 50 count came after he kicked to a pocket to then receive the ball back for a mark. The rebound 50 was quite often a kick to a 50-50 contest.

iMO he needs to start winning contested possession. He is not quick or skilful enough to play purely outside like he did on Sunday. I hope naming him in the bests doesn't solidify in his mind that his footy is best played the way he did.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Mcmillan's possessions also include the 5 to 6 kick-ins he had. Those same possessions are also often included in his rebound 50 count. Sometimes the rebound 50 count came after he kicked to a pocket to then receive the ball back for a mark. The rebound 50 was quite often a kick to a 50-50 contest.

iMO he needs to start winning contested possession. He is not quick or skilful enough to play purely outside like he did on Sunday. I hope naming him in the bests doesn't solidify in his mind that his footy is best played the way he did.

How about giving it a rest and backing the bloke to turn his game around?

Why would he turn it around. He was named in the bests.

You can call it cheap possessions or you can describe it as a ‘safe pair of hands in defence’.

I imagine some people think having a reliable defender to take the kick in and turn them into ‘cheap’ rebound 50’s and basically quarterback the defence is a good skill.

I imagine some people think he contributes to the team dynamic and defensive chemistry.

I imagine the people picking the bests are more astute football people than big footy posters.

The analysis of JMac is cheap and lazy on this board at times. As usual , no respect for north players.

As Snake said , have your opinion but give the guy a chance to show what he can do in the new world.

If Jmac is used better and responds well - we have a 150 James player doing great things that is loved by the players - who wouldn’t want that!

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers
Not surprisingly, Tim Rogers is here.

Yep, just a couple of North Melbourne legends hanging out at Arden Street. Good times.

HELLSBELLS

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Appreciate your input.

Speaking of cards, are you actually buying your own membership card these days?

Haha my hips don't lie Shakira. Y si señor, I use Google translate all the time to confirm I'm writing what I think I'm writing - didn't help me on this occasion.

Are you from Venezuela, Caracas? I'm surprised you didn't choose Venezuela Pleasure Island (Margherita Island).

I am these days, doing much better. I would though like to thank you for bringing up the tough patch i was going through and got helped through by the awesome folks on here. I really appreciate it the reminder. What a piece of s*it you are. Luckily the sprinkling of dog turds through this page is few and far between and rather than belittle me these legends just helped me out. Did you donate ? Please let me know and how much so i can send it back to you to shove up your arse.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
This could go down as our best draft ever.

Crockers performances are nuts considering he had no preseason, missed most of the last 2 years and has only really played APS school football.

He’s going to be a ******* jet based on his output at VFL level at the moment.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Been meaning to post this question. I was at Arden street on weekend too, did anybody else notice our players all yelling, “Ball security! Ball security!” when ball was in dispute? Felt like a general rule they were all adhering to. Lock it in, don’t just squirt the ball out type deal.

Been meaning to post this question. I was at Arden street on weekend too, did anybody else notice our players all yelling, “Ball security! Ball security!” when ball was in dispute? Felt like a general rule they were all adhering to. Lock it in, don’t just squirt the ball out type deal.
You sure it just wasn't one of their jock straps had broken?

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
You would think they can now afford to move Watson forward now with Daw, Durdin and McKay.

Back