VFL VFL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking forward to the wrap ups - anyone demanding a run in the ones?
Not sure about demanding a spot, but plenty of good performances. Jed was down and dirty in the guts, as you'd expect, and Campbell and Hrovat performed as usual in their roles as the senior pros.

Of the young ones, I really like Crocker - calm, good distributor and got a bit of toe; he was outmarked at times by a much bigger opponent, but that was more boy vs man so a couple of pre-seasons should help

Also encouraged by Red Og Murphy, kicked a neat goal and is gradually getting more involved on a wing as he learns the game. A real plus is that - unlike the last Irish boy we tried - Red Og isn't fazed by the physical side of the game, so I think there's something to work on.

Hosie is a live wire up forward - just knows where to go. There's a bit of Corey Jones about him - definitely worth another year

I was veeeeeery impressed with Crocker while I was there (first three quarters with a 16 month old in tow).

Composed beyond his years, very reasonable left foot and instinctive positioning.

Could be an absolute beauty.

I was veeeeeery impressed with Crocker while I was there (first three quarters with a 16 month old in tow).

Composed beyond his years, very reasonable left foot and instinctive positioning.

Could be an absolute beauty.

100% agree

He got beaten a couple of times one out yesterday, basically because he's still too skinny and got pushed off the ball.

He was filthy both times - looked angry and it wont be happening as much next year with another 6 months in the gym.

He will debut next year no doubt when an opportunity opens up and he'll fit right in.

Nonsense. He was picked a rookie in November. He's clearly not ready to play AFL. What's age got to do with that? As I said, let him develop in the VFL until he is at least in the best players regularly there.
He's physically ready to go and been playing state level footy for years. This plus his age means he won't be given years to develop at the club. A good a chance to be delisted this year as anyone. I reckon the club would like a look at him for the level they drafted him for if his ankle is sound.

A player to think about recruiting to our VFL side if available in 2020.
Heath Shaw would be good for our players to have around a tough hard player who plays it hard worth a look.

X75QvYK.png

XYnMCOY.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A player to think about recruiting to our VFL side if available in 2020.
Heath Shaw would be good for our players to have around a tough hard player who plays it hard worth a look.

I think he'd be odds on to come down as some sort of entry level coach after he finishes up.

He and his brother seem extremely tight.

I'm standing by my call that the rat is a midfielder.

He was good on saturday, and I guess Rhyce instructed him to be played there, but his lack of size is his biggest issue.

He certainly displayed the positioning and decision making to play that role.

Never played there for us at AFL level. Has played there twice at VFL level this season and despite the change in positioning has out performed guys who are considered AFL level mids.

At the Dogs he spent a bit of time through the middle but he’s not a AFL mid.
Not big enough or aggressive enough.

He was good on saturday, and I guess Rhyce instructed him to be played there, but his lack of size is his biggest issue.

He certainly displayed the positioning and decision making to play that role.

I've never understood why he was traded in tbh. Led his under age carnival in clearances, only to rot in a pocket which he was not very good at for years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back