VFL VFL 2019

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I've never understood why he was traded in tbh. Led his under age carnival in clearances, only to rot in a pocket which he was not very good at for years.

We're witnessing a few things since Brad has moved on.

Again, I think he will be able to accumulate in an AFL midfield, but his size is going to hold him back. Not quite quick enough, not quite strong enough.

He could be suited to a Caleb Daniel loose half back role, but Ahern has got in ahead of him.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Again, I think he will be able to accumulate in an AFL midfield, but his size is going to hold him back. Not quite quick enough, not quite strong enough.

He could be suited to a Caleb Daniel loose half back role, but Ahern has got in ahead of him.

He's lost a yard or two since the foot issues from his dogs days that's for sure, but still actually seems above the level at VFL in the midfield role. His disposal is tidy too.

In answer to the response above from Harris, he was billed as a midfielder for the dogs but injuries sidelined him as Bont, McRae, Hunter, etc. rose to prominence.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He's lost a yard or two since the foot issues from his dogs days that's for sure, but still actually seems above the level at VFL in the midfield role. His disposal is tidy too.

In answer to the response above from Harris, he was billed as a midfielder for the dogs but injuries sidelined him as Bont, McRae, Hunter, etc. rose to prominence.

Robert Murphy stated he was the most talented junior on their list at that time.

He has ability, but he's been shelved to dead mans corner in a side that has been constantly chasing tail.

I don't have any issues if Shaw persists with him for another year.

groo

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2009
geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne

So in the past three weeks you have considered him to be careyesque in goal assists as a forward, an elite but ageing midfielder and now he has missed his chance to make it as a half back flanker. What next? Make him captain.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So in the past three weeks you have considered him to be careyesque in goal assists as a forward, an elite but ageing midfielder and now he has missed his chance to make it as a half back flanker. What next? Make him captain.

That sounds like a rational inference to make from a few guys suggesting that what attributes he has haven't been best utilised by playing him as a small forward.

Bob Murphy rated him, the dogs rated him, boomer absolutely rated him (I know this first hand), the U18 AA selectors rated him and so did the recruiters of almost every club in the land. He only slid down the draft order because of his build.

I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest that the logic of short = small forward has pretty much ended a potentially talented midfielder's career.

Go_Roos!

Club Legend
May 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Or should we ignore how well he is playing as a midfielder because he is Hrovat but if it was someone we " like " more, rabbit on how they are bashing the door down, get them in the AFL team, get them in!

groo

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2009
geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Or should we ignore how well he is playing as a midfielder because he is Hrovat but if it was someone we " like " more, rabbit on how they are bashing the door down, get them in the AFL team, get them in!
I'd keep playing him there and see what happens. He would want to be awesome though to push out our other inside mids.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'd keep playing him there and see what happens. He would want to be awesome though to push out our other inside mids.

If he backs up with another dominant performance, I'd give him a game or two in the AFL to close the year out playing a midfielder role. If he performs, he gets another year.

Best case scenario, we reinvent a guy in his early-mid 20s in the position that he was dominant in as a junior. Worst case, we retain a depth player who may or may not get a game in case of injuries.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

I reckon life must be pretty simple for you when your collecting supermarket trolleys.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
With Lachy Hansen missing for the Goon through suspension, the Stars threw gun key defender Michael Wallace forward - and to great effect, booting three goals as one of the clash's most influential players.

In-form midfielder Tanner Stanton was another who was played somewhat out of position - used as a wingman who would push back across defensive 50 to provide support for the Garfield backs.

His high-quality field kicking, long a standout of his game, was again on display as he shone right when he needed to most.

Get them both into our senior side.

IMG_20190808_155049.jpg

Back