VFL VFL 2020 - Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Have to say that Parsons looked to be right in the thick of it in that clip...really showed some dash.

I have watched Parsons closely in the VFL and AFL. There is no doubt in my mind he has the natural talent and tools to play good AFL. The big knock I have had is his lack of vigour , thirst for the ball (and hence the contest).

He was played in our AFL side at a time when we were struggling for small forwards /mids compared with now and after a promising start he was played out of necessity when his confidence was already shot. He performed accordingly.

The clip you reference, short as it is, shows him a little more "urgent". And in a non match context. If a bottom 6 side picks him up next year (assuming we delist him) it will be interesting to see how he goes.

Would not surprise me to see him do well with say Hawthorn or Adelaide , not because they are better clubs but because he is ready now and must know he has to hit the contest hard to survive at the top level.

Scratch match on Monday - not sure the opposition

Probably only the teams that are confirmed finalists will be interested by then.

Anyway, the match report on the scratchie from the club should arrive just in time to get us through the bye weekend. So that will help to pass the time...

:cool:

Ouch -

Good luck to Constable as he recovers from his second concussion this season

On a more positive note, seems Narkle's form is heading in the right direction:

“ (Narkle is) one of those guys who takes a bit of time to get full match fitness but when he does get it he plays with a lot of confidence and with his footy instincts,” O’Bree said.

“Today we saw glimpses of that where he was able to break away and don’t argue guys and that is what we want to see from Narks.”

I would also definitely have Narkle over Steven. Although I'm not sure they play the same way. I think Steven is more defensive and I can't believe I am saying this but if that is the case then I would have Atkins.

Narks featured a bit in this, looks ready to go if needed
Yes he did look good, with all the trade whispers going around I wonder if he was displaying his wares for some1 else.

Some nice cameos from several of our other younguns & poor old JJ looked like he took 1 for the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes he did look good, with all the trade whispers going around I wonder if he was displaying his wares for some1 else.

Some nice cameos from several of our other younguns & poor old JJ looked like he took 1 for the team.

Head clash with Chook that left Constable with concussion.

:(

I'm sure they said Brownless had his contracted extended until 2021 when he was placed onto the rookie list.
i had Oscar doing a 1 yr Rookie deal for 2020 after being selected this year. It could have been 2 - but i have no link to suggest that.

GO Catters

i had Oscar doing a 1 yr Rookie deal for 2020 after being selected this year. It could have been 2 - but i have no link to suggest that.

GO Catters

Have to say Brownless looked pretty good in that practice match clip.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back