VFL VFL 2020 - Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if SDK in the ruck is the sign of things to come
Yes & no

The only recognised rucks on our list are Stanley & Fort:
Stanley is currently injured, which has seen Fort playing seniors, meaning we are going on with a makeshift ruck setup in these scratch matches

Not sure if the long term plan is for SDK & Schlensog to become permanent rucks, but could be good for their development at this stage

Stokes spent the summer talking up Ben Jarvis, interesting to see him feature so prominently in the highlights.
Fogarty in everything (shown) and how good a mover is DeKoning. Hope he makes it.

Could Freddy replace Harry?
Freddy has been playing almost exclusively as a KPF this year.

I would not want him back there. Hendo replaces HT if you want a like for like.

GO Catters

Could Freddy replace Harry?
We have too many tall defenders already? Both stewart and henderson are on the wings to come in. Why would you want to try and turn one of the few tall forward options on the list into a defender? We have too many defenders and not enough forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He could be a nightmare to match up on. ;)

He's the modern prototype mobile tall - quick , athletic and seemingly great hands and kicking technique - lot to like :thumbsu:
Dare I say Jeremy Cameronish ??
From what I read would have debued last season if not for an untimely concussion.
Would love to see him play at Optus , reckon it would suit him perfectly - rest Rohan at some stage and release Freddy !!

I want to see a forward line with Sav Hawk and Freddie
If Rohan was suspended I think we would have seen Freddie this week

But we've seen what Rohan is capable of - I liked the Rohan on edge that we saw last week, he may just need to pull it back slightly so he doesn't repeat the reportable incidents

But if Rohan's form drops, he gets suspended or they decide to manage/rest him, we have Freddie waiting in the wings

Yes & no

The only recognised rucks on our list are Stanley & Fort:
Stanley is currently injured, which has seen Fort playing seniors, meaning we are going on with a makeshift ruck setup in these scratch matches

Not sure if the long term plan is for SDK & Schlensog to become permanent rucks, but could be good for their development at this stage
Yes spot on.
Id say he looks quite useful in the highlights, going by the way Blitz developed , they probably will be more willing to find a spot in the side if he has flexibility. He has the height to play the role , although a couple of inches shorter than someone like English ..so if we get stuck who knows. Very few players get a go now if they are single role types and him being able to help in the ruck , then play back or perhaps even forward then maybe he gets a game if we are stuck. Like Blitz did.

Probably years away from knowing what his best role is.. he still looks like he is 5-10 Kgs light of playing any sig role at afl level.

If Rohan was suspended I think we would have seen Freddie this week

But we've seen what Rohan is capable of - I liked the Rohan on edge that we saw last week, he may just need to pull it back slightly so he doesn't repeat the reportable incidents

But if Rohan's form drops, he gets suspended or they decide to manage/rest him, we have Freddie waiting in the wings

Id say Rohan's selectability was enhanced by the way he played. It showed a different side to him... was very lucky only be fined but when you decide to change attitude its probably natural to over do it.

Yes spot on.
Id say he looks quite useful in the highlights, going by the way Blitz developed , they probably will be more willing to find a spot in the side if he has flexibility. He has the height to play the role , although a couple of inches shorter than someone like English ..so if we get stuck who knows. Very few players get a go now if they are single role types and him being able to help in the ruck , then play back or perhaps even forward then maybe he gets a game if we are stuck. Like Blitz did.

Probably years away from knowing what his best role is.. he still looks like he is 5-10 Kgs light of playing any sig role at afl level.
I so disagree with this as i hate anyone with talent going in the ruck, i always think what could have Stoneham been if he never rucked..we the big dopey ruckman ruck

Frank The Tank does look exciting, already shown an ability to bulk up as well which is promising. Won't be pushed around.

Little bit of Stevie J is what I see, hopefully half as good.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good to see the club providing some decent footage (around 4 mins) from the scratch match, compared to the bare 90 seconds, with no comments, that we got on VFL last year. I actually liked the the ground level shots, even though was limited vision of the ground.

I recently said that Evans would likely play next season at earliest, as he was playing for a Brunswick team last year and presumed that he’d need experience and conditioning - but he looks to have some reasonable size and to be a confident/ lateral mover with good body skills already. The crazy crammed program means that he’s some chance to play this year, who knows maybe next few weeks. Presume Stevens, Fog, Clark are earlier in the queue.

Would be ideal for Freddie to get more VFL time into his legs but the talent is very tempting - agree he could be a possible for swap for Rohan if they want to rest him for next Monday.

Some evidence in the highlights to support the wraps on Jarvis but his height and size looks a disadvantage to me. Not sure if there would be a spot for his ‘in-between’ shape.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back