VFL VFL 2023 - [Rnd11 vs * - Sunday June 4 - 1:35pm @NEC Hangar]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Atu’s game is being undersold a bit, he was so composed with ball in hand. Really stood out with his decision making and that goal was a ripper. Defensively, it seemed as though he was in the right position more often than not. I see a huge amount of potential upside with him.

The slower conditions really suited Phillips and Roos. Both showed an elite ability to find the footy and link up on the outside. Despite Phillips having less possessions I reckon he had more impact especially with his decision making and skill execution forward of centre. Had a couple of really crisp kicks inside forward 50.

P.Walker was okay without being outstanding, linked up well but isn’t really composed. Seems to be very one paced and rushes his disposal when under pressure. Early days yet, but I’m yet to see evidence of the elite long kicking which he was drafted for.

Thought Ford was fantastic, beautiful kick of the footy, works hard and makes the most of his chances. Going to be very dangerous as a 3rd forward at AFL level when his time comes. Most 3rd tall defenders will really struggle to match him in the air.

Campbell did what Campbell does. He is a fantastic VFL level footballer.

Menadue had a good game, thought he applied some good pressure and provided some good link up play.

Lazzaro was pretty much ineffective. Not really suited to half forward at VFL level, would like to see him up the ground and around the stoppages a bit more.

Hayden was obviously on limited minutes.
Provided some bone crunching tackles, but didn’t get much of the footy. Would want to make every post a winner from here on in.

Considering it was Ham’s first crack at this level he didn’t look out of place. Showed some courage and has a decent turn of foot.

I thought Atu’s game is being undersold a bit, he was so composed with ball in hand. Really stood out with his decision making and that goal was a ripper. Defensively, it seemed as though he was in the right position more often than not. I see a huge amount of potential upside with him.

The slower conditions really suited Phillips and Roos. Both showed an elite ability to find the footy and link up on the outside. Despite Phillips having less possessions I reckon he had more impact especially with his decision making and skill execution forward of centre. Had a couple of really crisp kicks inside forward 50.

P.Walker was okay without being outstanding, linked up well but isn’t really composed. Seems to be very one paced and rushes his disposal when under pressure. Early days yet, but I’m yet to see evidence of the elite long kicking which he was drafted for.

Thought Ford was fantastic, beautiful kick of the footy, works hard and makes the most of his chances. Going to be very dangerous as a 3rd forward at AFL level when his time comes. Most 3rd tall defenders will really struggle to match him in the air.

Campbell did what Campbell does. He is a fantastic VFL level footballer.

Menadue had a good game, thought he applied some good pressure and provided some good link up play.

Lazzaro was pretty much ineffective. Not really suited to half forward at VFL level, would like to see him up the ground and around the stoppages a bit more.

Hayden was obviously on limited minutes.
Provided some bone crunching tackles, but didn’t get much of the footy. Would want to make every post a winner from here on in.

Considering it was Ham’s first crack at this level he didn’t look out of place. Showed some courage and has a decent turn of foot.
I see Walker had 10 marks. Mostly from providing an outlet option?

How does he look with his defending - one on one and general positioning? Any intercept marks?

(Sorry for the 20 questions)

I see Walker had 10 marks. Mostly from providing an outlet option?

How does he look with his defending - one on one and general positioning? Any intercept marks?

(Sorry for the 20 questions)
Defensively solid, played more hb in the first half and wing second half. Used as an outlet from defence a lot. Only one noticeable intercept. Thought he was good today.

Pros:
getting a win, another good performance from Phillips, Ford looks a likely type, the injury list is down to a manageable size, some good performances from the VFL listed players
Cons:
the stream was about as successful as the vaccine rollout. As for the camera work … 😮

Noble: Our VFL had a terrific win over Coburg. There were some good performances there with Tom Campbell and Eddie Ford playing well. Charlie Ham played and Charlie Lazzaro was back which is good.

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop in to say thanks for your patience with the stream today.

Clearly there are some issues with the way it's being implemented by the provider and we'll be working closely with the AFL and Telstra to either have these rectified for next time, or make the decision to look at other options to stream.

Thankfully the issue did seem to be fixed up for much of the second half, but it's really disappointing that our fans had to put up with the buffering, glitching etc. in the first half in particular, particularly having gone through a registration process.

Hope you managed to enjoy the win when things were up and going again.

Cheers, Rob.

Hi all,

Clearly there are some issues with the way it's being implemented by the provider and we'll be working closely with the AFL and Telstra to either have these rectified for next time, or make the decision to look at other options to stream.

Thankfully the issue did seem to be fixed up for much of the second half, but it's really disappointing that our fans had to put up with the buffering, glitching etc. in the first half in particular, particularly having gone through a registration process.

Cheers, Rob.
We appreciate you and the club’s efforts to get us a decent stream.

Hi all,

Cheers, Rob.
Thanks Rob - appreciate the update but honestly - 2021 and we can't get a provider that can stream a game of footy properly? Can I ask who employs the provider - NMFC or AFL? Please note I am not having a crack at you - we all appreciate you dropping in with updates. I just don't understand why it is so hard to get this right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks Rob - appreciate the update but honestly - 2021 and we can't get a provider that can stream a game of footy properly? Can I ask who employs the provider - NMFC or AFL? Please note I am not having a crack at you - we all appreciate you dropping in with updates. I just don't understand why it is so hard to get this right.

It’s mainly around live streams having to be done via the club website, not YT etc, as part of the broadcast agreement, so makes things a bit more complicated than just going straight to YouTube, for example.

My understanding is that future games that aren’t either on Kayo Freebies or Seven will be able to be streamed via club YouTube channels, so we’ll hopefully see some improvement there. Fingers crossed.

Really appreciate the feedback, it’s just as frustrating for us putting out an inferior product for our fans.

It’s mainly around live streams having to be done via the club website, not YT etc, as part of the broadcast agreement, so makes things a bit more complicated than just going straight to YouTube, for example.

My understanding is that future games that aren’t either on Kayo Freebies or Seven will be able to be streamed via club YouTube channels, so we’ll hopefully see some improvement there. Fingers crossed.

Really appreciate the feedback, it’s just as frustrating for us putting out an inferior product for our fans.

Appreciate your effort mate.

I had no issues after half time with the stream!

Thanks Rob. Enjoyed the win.

Hi all,

Cheers, Rob.

I appreciated the stream, thanks for that.

considering X kicked the proverbial door down, I reckon he deserves an extended crack at it.
absolutely
I respect the viewpoint, but there's another one about standards (regardless of age, development status etc) - Campbell put together two months of solid football, had one quiet game and was out; Xerri has not performed at the level. As you say, probably stays in on the development thesis, so needs to show some progress

I respect the viewpoint, but there's another one about standards (regardless of age, development status etc) - Campbell put together two months of solid football, had one quiet game and was out; Xerri has not performed at the level. As you say, probably stays in on the development thesis, so needs to show some progress
Its his 6th game of AFL footy. He needs at least 2 more games in a row before we can make a fair judgement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back