VFL VFL 2023 - [Rnd11 vs * - Sunday June 4 - 1:35pm @NEC Hangar]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Magnificent from Phillips.

There's something "spooky" about how he motors from the contest and consistently disposes of the footy just as an opposition player gets to him from behind, and this was also obvious in the 2019 TAC clips. It's as if he has 360 degree vision.

He just seems to know where they are, and when they are going to get to him, so he sums up the situation without a care in the world. He's never rushed or loses composure, and it makes him look somewhat arrogant because of it. A sense of, "I can't see you because you're not there" (Carey also had this).

I want the back of his head inspected for another set of eyeballs. It's freakish.

Without someone literally hanging off his back, unlike the week before where he was tagged, his work after the initial stoppage was so much more impressive.

And the skills on him. There was one kick inside 50, he was under real pressure, and he popped this delicate little chip up over a defender and to the advantage of our bloke.

It probably went about 14.99m at most, but the mark was paid. It was an exquisite piece of skill under pressure.

Finished work early enough to see the last quarter. It was a great fight back.

I blame our Administration.

Why didn't you come over & say hello?

I did a couple of laps of the ground so any of the resident superheroes in attendance could walk over and ask for an autograph.

As usual, dead silence.

Plenty loud here though......................as usual.

I did a couple of laps of the ground so any of the resident superheroes in attendance could walk over and ask for an autograph.

As usual, dead silence.

Really? When? I didn't see you. Would have said hi.

i dunno, i thought he was cutting us up late. kicked a great goal.

He got out the back with his run a few times when he could get a clean break from the contest.

He suits their style of play (front running), but the North defenders shut them down all day with the exception of the 10-15 minute burst later in the game. Their forward line was woeful.

Just watched the full replay and Xerri was immense, clearly BOG. If only he was 5 cm taller, his centre bounce work would be better and top off his impressive all round game. Has to come in next week even if that means playing him full forward, he needs to be rewarded. I thought Ford was very good, works hard and has tricks. He will get a game in the firsts soon enough. Phillips went okay, a bit sloppy at times with ball handling and disposal so hopefully he keeps improving but doesn't deserve a call up yet.

Of the rest, liked Hamish Murphy and Josh Clayton's games and their big bodies made a big difference. Appleby and Atu were solid across half back and Connor Byrne and young WA kid Logan look good prospects.

Great to get a win after 3 consecutive 100 point losses.

X is the only one I would consider promoting, but it will also cost the VFL side 10 goals, such is his influence on the team.

If they award the John Law Medal tomorrow, he wins it in a canter.

If Clayton keeps up yesterday's effort, then I'll be surprised if he doesn't get drafted.

X is the only one I would consider promoting, but it will also cost the VFL side 10 goals, such is his influence on the team.

If Clayton keeps up yesterday's effort, then I'll be surprised if he doesn't get drafted.
I think Clayton is a bit slow for AFL.

As usual, dead silence.

Cause I’m in Adelaide you nuffty.

So no protesting yesterday?

You must have been puffing hard half way round your second lap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clayton's level is the VFL. He was good yesterday, but his kicking isn't up to AFL level.

VFL - Ess vs Nth.

Is there a replay of this game ?

I would love to watch Will P and Xerri.

7+ on your smart t.v.
. Categories = Sport and you have to scroll right through endless crap before you find WAFL, SANFL & VFL replays.
Being $hitty Windy Hill camera angle is virtually ground level. Bowls club outer wing looks nice but 1🤣
Don't go to the 7AFL thingy.

As usual, dead silence.

I was there, although I wouldn’t have known who to look for. Great day for footy, I watched 1/2 the VFLW game there too which was also enjoyable. Pretty much most of the senior listed girls were in attendance which was really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back