Team Captain
Jul 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Las Vegas Raiders
Nice read! :D :thumbsupv1:
It was nice to see the teams lining up and the awards presentation. Too bad the PA system wasn't working for all to hear.
Go Bullants! :ant: :heart:

Thanks, and yeah, I could not hear a thing and I was on the ground with the team :D

There will be another award ceremony this weekend as the Bullants and Southport have agreed to award an Alex Aurrichio medal to the best on ground player between the two teams. Alex played for the Northern Blues in 2015 and 2016, then with Southport in 2019. He died in a road accident (he was on his bike) last year in the NT.

Southport will be streaming the match on their You Tube channel in case you are interested.

Thanks, and yeah, I could not hear a thing and I was on the ground with the team :D

There will be another award ceremony this weekend as the Bullants and Southport have agreed to award an Alex Aurrichio medal to the best on ground player between the two teams. Alex played for the Northern Blues in 2015 and 2016, then with Southport in 2019. He died in a road accident (he was on his bike) last year in the NT.

Southport will be streaming the match on their You Tube channel in case you are interested.
Aw, that’s nice to make the upcoming game a special one. Tragic occurrence.
I was wondering if the game would be televised. I really enjoy watching the VFL games. 🙂
Thanks for the heads-up! We’ll definitely be looking for it online! 👍

ukurrie

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Southport game is off :(

Small chance of the Ants playing a Melbourne club (Willy?) on Sunday at PCO.

ukurrie

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Here's the rescheduled fixture, but I am not sure how stable it is pending the Melbourne lockdown.

VFL ROUND 14
VenueStart TimeBroadcast
Friday July 16
Frankston vs SandringhamSkyBus Stadium7.30pm
Saturday July 17
Aspley vs. SouthportGraham Rd12.00pm
Coburg vs GeelongPiranha Park1.05pmKayo Freebies
Port Melbourne vs WerribeeETU Stadium2.00pm
Sunday July 18
Carlton vs CollingwoodIKON Park11.05amKayo Freebies
Casey Demons vs. Box Hill HawksCasey Fields12.00pmChannel 7
Northern Bullants vs WilliamstownPreston City Oval1.00pm
North Melbourne vs. EssendonTBCTBC

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
What a funny old weekend it's going to be in Brisbane.
It's a bit hard to make sense of it all but it seems that Essendon will be fielding some most unlikely players - Alex Rance (who just happened to be up there on holiday with his family) and Ankers and Illett (legendary NT NEAFL players. Illett would have to be one of the best Australian footballers never to play AFL...but a long time ago now !).
And the Swans have loaned lots of their players to GWS so that that game can go ahead.

There must be a helluva lot of rule-bending and goodwill going on here, but you have to wonder whether the results will mean much....perhaps an "asterisk", especially on the Giants game.

But it's so good that the comp can go on all the same. For THIS weekend anyway !

Rickee

All Australian
May 23, 2016
Horsham, Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Port Melbourne; Kalkee; Horsham Demons
This season is more proof that the state of this competition (pun intended) can't continue this way.

There needs to be a serious change in the off season. I'd suggest 2-3 separate conferences or groups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This season is more proof that the state of this competition (pun intended) can't continue this way.

There needs to be a serious change in the off season. I'd suggest 2-3 separate conferences or groups.
This is just me, but if there are 22 participants, 23 rounds, start same time as the AFL, play everyone once with two byes. Start finals a week earlier than the AFL

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Gold Coast 19.8 (122) def. Aspley 6.8 (44)
Southport 11.9 (75) def. Essendon 10.11 (71)
GWS/Sydney 11.20 (86) def. Brisbane 8.11 (59)

Notable performances from Joel Jeffrey (Gold Coast) with 9 goals, Paddy McCartin (Essendon) with 3 goals, Jeremy Finlayson (GWS) with 3 goals, Ryan Clarke (Sydney) with 35 disposals/6 clearances, Jacob Dawson (Southport) with 35 disposals/8 clearances, Dylan Clarke (Essendon) with 29 disposals/8 clearances and a returning Alex Rance (Essendon) with 18 disposals/4 marks.

Southport are now on top of the VFL ladder. GWS have moved up to 6th.

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
Southport are supposedly good?
Yes, a bit weird isn't it - the Sharks with a pretty strong team of regulars, and the Bombers look like a 'pickup' team from the lunchtime school yard. And yet the scores were close.

Credit to Cam illett or being named among the better players after all this time - does it say something about the standard of the footy on the day, or is he still just damned good ?

Yes, a bit weird isn't it - the Sharks with a pretty strong team of regulars, and the Bombers look like a 'pickup' team from the lunchtime school yard. And yet the scores were close.

Credit to Cam illett or being named among the better players after all this time - does it say something about the standard of the footy on the day, or is he still just damned good ?
He was good but the standard of game wasn't great.

Troy Mc Clure

Hi im Troy McClure
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Gold Coast 19.8 (122) def. Aspley 6.8 (44)
Southport 11.9 (75) def. Essendon 10.11 (71)
GWS/Sydney 11.20 (86) def. Brisbane 8.11 (59)

Notable performances from Joel Jeffrey (Gold Coast) with 9 goals, Paddy McCartin (Essendon) with 3 goals, Jeremy Finlayson (GWS) with 3 goals, Ryan Clarke (Sydney) with 35 disposals/6 clearances, Jacob Dawson (Southport) with 35 disposals/8 clearances, Dylan Clarke (Essendon) with 29 disposals/8 clearances and a returning Alex Rance (Essendon) with 18 disposals/4 marks.

Southport are now on top of the VFL ladder. GWS have moved up to 6th.
We are really struggling at Aspley, lm concerned going forward. Our list is better than where we are sitting on the ladder and our performance on the weekend.

justabaraker

All Australian
Mar 28, 2012
cherrybrook
AFL Club
GWS
We are really struggling at Aspley, lm concerned going forward. Our list is better than where we are sitting on the ladder and our performance on the weekend.
There are some good names playing ...Hammelman, Payne, Bastinac - is the problem in lack of depth ? Travel uncertainty ? Not the same since John Blair went ?
Has the step up to VFL proven too much ?

ukurrie

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
ROUND 16

SATURDAY, JULY 31
Gold Coast v Southport (Metricon Stadium Training Oval) 10.30am
Sandringham v Carlton (Wilson Storage Trevor Barker Oval) 12pm
North Melbourne v Port Melbourne (Arden St) 12pm
Collingwood v Box Hill Hawks (Holden Centre) 12.05pm
Aspley v Essendon (Graham Road) 12.30pm
Casey Demons v Footscray (Casey Fields) 1.05pm
Brisbane Lions v Sydney (South Pine Sports Complex) 1.30pm
Northern Bullants v Werribee (Preston City Oval) 2pm

SUNDAY, AUGUST 1
Coburg v Williamstown (Piranha Park) 2pm
Frankston v Richmond (Skybus Stadium) 2.05pm

BYE
Geelong, GWS

VFL MATCHES COMPLETED
11 – GWS
10 – Aspley, Brisbane Lions, Essendon, Frankston, Gold Coast, Southport, Sydney
9 – Box Hill Hawks, Coburg, Footscray, Geelong, North Melbourne, Northern Bullants, Richmond,
8 – Carlton, Casey Demons, Collingwood, Port Melbourne, Sandringham, Werribee, Williamstown

The Tilt

All Australian
Oct 12, 2020
AFL Club
Sydney
Do Gold Coast get the win today seeing we were in front when the game got called off?

I'm pretty sure there needs to be at least half a match played before they award the result.

It's a bit odd that they didn't just complete the match. It would have been over before the 4pm lockdown, right?

ukurrie

Team Captain
Jul 12, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Bullants looked good today until half time when Daniel Hughes got knocked out. Werribee stormed back and flew right by them in the second half.

Still, it wasn’t 160 points this time so that’s something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back