VFL 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullants looked good today until half time when Daniel Hughes got knocked out. Werribee stormed back and flew right by them in the second half.

Still, it wasn’t 160 points this time so that’s something.
Yeah, that was pretty rough. I hope he’s ok.
They looked much better against Werribee this time. They needed Hughes, his size. It was a good game. Hubby watched some from outside the fence. He said there were a lot of people watching from their cars. I was baking and couldn’t go. We support our Bullants even when we aren’t allowed in. I watched the live stream. So glad they had it.

Go Bullants! 🐜❤️🐜🐜❤️

Yeah, that was pretty rough. I hope he’s ok.
They looked much better against Werribee this time. They needed Hughes, his size. It was a good game. Hubby watched some from outside the fence. He said there were a lot of people watching from their cars. I was baking and couldn’t go. We support our Bullants even when we aren’t allowed in. I watched the live stream. So glad they had it.

Go Bullants! 🐜🐜🐜

Went to the bottle o at Cramer's, sat in the car and drained a six pack. (Don't worry, left the car there!) - Boys did well.

I left it a bit later to get to the ground assuming I’d be able to get a park easier because of no spectators. Almost as busy as normal ha!

Lots of people ‘walking the dog’, ‘taking the kids to the playground’, ‘just waiting in the car whilst the missus gets something from the shops’. Nice to hear a few car horns accidentally being lent on at the right times.

Pretty sure I saw you all on the way in 😃

What the * they doing to complete the season?
We presently have some teams on 11 games , some of 10 and some on 9. So do they put the teams on 11 games on byes until everyone played 11 games?
Also surely we not doing a final 8. Final 10 or 12 makes far more sense in season like this.

What the fu** they doing to complete the season?
We presently have some teams on 11 games , some of 10 and some on 9. So do they put the teams on 11 games on byes until everyone played 11 games?
Also surely we not doing a final 8. Final 10 or 12 makes far more sense in season like this.
Yeah 3 more rounds to go so will be a 12 game season
Gws for example would have 2 more byes in the 3 weeks left

whilst some teams would play all 3 weeks
Yes and to add to the complication QLD in a lockdown for who knows how long
its lucky the qld teams have a few games more played so they can afford a bye for the next 2 weeks

ROUND 17

SATURDAY, AUGUST 7

Carlton v Williamstown (IKON Park) 10.30am
Port Melbourne v Collingwood (ETU Stadium) 1pm
Coburg v Sandringham (Piranha Park) 1pm
Richmond v North Melbourne (Swinburne Centre) 1.05pm
Werribee v Geelong (Avalon Airport Oval) 2.05pm

SUNDAY, AUGUST 8

Casey Demons v Northern Bullants (Casey Fields) 12.05pm

BYE
Aspley, Box Hill Hawks, Brisbane Lions, Essendon, Footscray, Frankston, Gold Coast, GWS, Southport, Sydney

VFL MATCHES COMPLETED (TARGET: 12)

11 – Frankston, GWS
10 – Aspley, Box Hill Hawks, Brisbane Lions, Coburg, Essendon, Footscray, Gold Coast, North Melbourne, Northern Bullants, Richmond, Southport, Sydney
9 – Carlton, Casey Demons, Collingwood, Geelong, Port Melbourne, Sandringham, Werribee, Williamstown

ROUND 17

SATURDAY, AUGUST 7

Carlton v Williamstown (IKON Park) 10.30am
Port Melbourne v Collingwood (ETU Stadium) 1pm
Coburg v Sandringham (Piranha Park) 1pm
Richmond v North Melbourne (Swinburne Centre) 1.05pm
Werribee v Geelong (Avalon Airport Oval) 2.05pm

SUNDAY, AUGUST 8

Casey Demons v Northern Bullants (Casey Fields) 12.05pm

BYE
Aspley, Box Hill Hawks, Brisbane Lions, Essendon, Footscray, Frankston, Gold Coast, GWS, Southport, Sydney

11 – Frankston, GWS
10 – Aspley, Box Hill Hawks, Brisbane Lions, Coburg, Essendon, Footscray, Gold Coast, North Melbourne, Northern Bullants, Richmond, Southport, Sydney
9 – Carlton, Casey Demons, Collingwood, Geelong, Port Melbourne, Sandringham, Werribee, Williamstown

Crowds allowed at all mate? Might trek out to windy old Casey if there is! Don't know if I've gone that far away from Cramer Street in my life!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fu** no. Should either be Docklands or North Port

No atmosphere at Docklands and under modern OHS you aren't going to get more than 10k safely into North Port. It's the only option. Ground will still hold 20k post redevelopment.

No atmosphere at Docklands and under modern OHS you aren't going to get more than 10k safely into North Port. It's the only option
Princes Park is just as soulless as Docklands. Moving it there was a massive mistake.

North Port is the home of the VFL.

The place still rocks when it's full.

I love North Port, it's just slightly too small. You'd have a lockout each year. Perfect for lead up finals, though I feel each clubs ground is more than adequate enough to host home finals, it's the approach I'd like to see going forward RE Quals, Elims, Semis, Prelims.

Now including how to watch.

ROUND 17

SATURDAY, AUGUST 7

Carlton v Williamstown (IKON Park) 10.30am - YouTube
Port Melbourne v Collingwood (ETU Stadium) 1pm – YouTube
Coburg v Sandringham (Piranha Park) 1pm – YouTube
Richmond v North Melbourne (Swinburne Centre) 1.05pm – Kayo
Werribee v Geelong (Avalon Airport Oval) 2.05pm – Kayo

SUNDAY, AUGUST 8
Casey Demons v Northern Bullants (Casey Fields) 12.05pm – Kayo, RPPFM

BYE

11 –
Frankston, GWS

Crowds allowed at all mate? Might trek out to windy old Casey if there is! Don't know if I've gone that far away from Cramer Street in my life!

haha, luckily for you - I am certain the government said no crowds for at least two weeks, and this would be the second of the two weeks. It's on Kayo though (see post above).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back