VFL VFL 2023 - [Rnd11 vs * - Sunday June 4 - 1:35pm @NEC Hangar]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m much more comfortable with the takeaway that it was a great game by both players (Laz + Polec). I’ll be very interested to hear what the coaches have to say.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
They both definitely had good games. It's hard to have ~30 disposals, some scoring shots, and a half dozen tackles without it being a very good game. Just felt like saying Polec's game wasn't all roses, unlike Laz who I can't really think of anything to criticise him on. I was hoping/expecting Polec's kicking to be a league above and it often wasn't, and I wasn't impressed with how often he got himself caught holding the ball or did a few selfish/bad team related things.

If you were picking one player to come in next week it would be Lazz over Polec. Lazz two way running and pressure was nothing short of elite today, whereas Polec just coasted. Polec’s kicking was pretty average today too.

I honestly don’t see it with Lachie Young, I think the VFL is his level.
Lachie the defender > Lachie the wingman. At least at this stage.

Got the bye next week

2 weeks time could also have some of our best vfl listed players back Tyler Roos, Clayton and Mat Walker

A shame we don’t get to see Edwards play would be perfect for this side atm at full forward
I think we will see him December once his School is finished as long his not playing school football don’t him copping a injury of some sorts.
The thing will Edwards he needs an off field mentor to coach for an hour or 2 a couple of times a week.
This would be perfect to get THE KING CAREY back into the fold to help Edwards do it Brady

Footscray Bulldogs 2.0 8.2 0.78 10.7 (67)
North Melbourne 3.3 5.3 6.8 8.8 (56)

GOALS:
Footscray Bulldogs: Bedendo 2 Cavarra 2 Butler 2 McComb Ugle-Hagan McNEIL Schache
North Melbourne: Polidoros 2 Campbell Anderson Polec Jones Lazzaro Dick

BEST:
Footscray Bulldogs: McNEIL Crozier McComb Butler West Macpherson
North Melbourne: Lazzaro Dick Jones Appleby Polec Campbell

Footscray Bulldogs 2.0 8.2 0.78 10.7 (67)
North Melbourne 3.3 5.3 6.8 8.8 (56)

GOALS:
Footscray Bulldogs: Bedendo 2 Cavarra 2 Butler 2 McComb Ugle-Hagan McNEIL Schache
North Melbourne: Polidoros 2 Campbell Anderson Polec Jones Lazzaro Dick

BEST:
Footscray Bulldogs: McNEIL Crozier McComb Butler West Macpherson
North Melbourne: Lazzaro Dick Jones Appleby Polec Campbell

Dick has some ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edwards will probably play this week you would think.

Schools back next week and this weekend may be the only opportunity to look at him at VFL level this season.

Dom Tyson another likely to get some minutes to stiffen up midfield.

Schools back next week and this weekend may be the only opportunity to look at him at VFL level this season.

Dont they have a bye?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The only thing I want Dom Tyson to stiffen is that fence paling at Arden st that looks Like falling over .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back