VFL VFL 2023 - [Rnd11 vs * - Sunday June 4 - 1:35pm @NEC Hangar]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonar was a rock down back.
Yep Bonar was a level above, calm, composed and clean

Thought Lachie Young had a good game also on the wing just attacked the ball hard all day

Menadue another I want to shoutout as he provided pace all day and was very clean same with Lazzaro

Edwards clutch at the end

the vfl boys Harry Jones, Tyler Roos, Heron, Cunningham all looked good. We were able to use Baker as a key back since we now have some key forwards which helped the structure

Comben the most impressive could and should have had another 4 goals yesterday but his attack on the ball also is ferocious. Has to be in line for a debut this week

Jun 7, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

If comben is second rucking in the 2s and making an impact, Tristan Xerri will need to get his skates on, because Charlie's mobility and forward craft are significantly better; great to have pressure on spots coming up from the young ones, rather than recycling the vets

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
If comben is second rucking in the 2s and making an impact, Tristan Xerri will need to get his skates on, because Charlie's mobility and forward craft are significantly better; great to have pressure on spots coming up from the young ones, rather than recycling the vets
That's almost as pleasing as his actual form. If we're rucking him already them there's no hint of cotton wool. He's ready physically. Just match conditioning now.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

That's almost as pleasing as his actual form. If we're rucking him already them there's no hint of cotton wool. He's ready physically. Just match conditioning now.

If you happen to watch a replay, he played the CHF pushing up the ground really well considering where he's coming from. Crashed a number of packs, provided an option out of defence, probably took at least 2-3 contested marks and rucked in the forward line, as well as small spurts in the centre. Also, he seems to like a tackle, isn't slow and is a big boy that is only going to get bigger. Definitely got one here.

Our biggest concerns about next generation Forward/ ruck stocks feel a whole lot better reading this;

The NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft's No.1 pick Jacob Edwards kicked the sealer from 50m against the breeze as North Melbourne's VFL side defeated Port Melbourne by 17 points.

Edwards finished with six disposals, four marks, two hitouts and a goal in his first match for the Kangaroos, with fellow young tall Charlie Comben also impressing with 11 disposals, five marks and two goals.

I made the trip to watch the first half of this at the ground yesterday to check them out as I really feel these two may unlick the next level for this team!

Jacobs made a great tackle from behind just in front of me and both worked hard, looked pretty good and as the numbers suggest , they got involved!

Fantastic few weeks for these two to get a real taste of it - I saw a few fist pumps between them in general play so the two seem be aware of each other and creating some good chemistry already which would be awesome.

Last edited:
Our biggest concerns about next generation Forward/ ruck stocks feel a whole lot better reading this;

The NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft's No.1 pick Jacob Edwards kicked the sealer from 50m against the breeze as North Melbourne's VFL side defeated Port Melbourne by 17 points.

Edwards finished with six disposals, four marks, two hitouts and a goal in his first match for the Kangaroos, with fellow young tall Charlie Comben also impressing with 11 disposals, five marks and two goals.

I made the trip to watch the first half of this at the ground yesterday to check them out as I really feel these two may unlick the next level for this team!

Jacobs made a great tackle from behind just in front of me and both worked hard, looked pretty good and as the numbers suggest , they got involved!

Fantastic few weeks for these two to get a real taste of it - I saw a few fist pumps between them in general play two so to be aware of each other and creating some good chemistry already which would be awesome.
Edwards will play school footy from next week onwards

only 3 more vfl rounds for the year and we have a bye in one of those rounds

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I might have to pay him a visit. That'll test his super powers.

Has he put his magic hands on Flyin Flynn's knee?

I am sure Flyin's knee will just be the usual treatment, Clunk 'em Comben was a little different from a usual situation. Estrogen has done the trick but if Charlie starts blardy crying if we don't kick the ball to him we may need a different approach:p

Oh stop it all, I was joking!! Not about the Estrogen bit of course.

l cant wait for Comben and Edwards to put on some bulk . A lot like Ben Mckay did from when he first arrived at the club and now. These 2 along with Larkey could be very imposing for us for years to come..
1627781530994.png
1627781671650.png

Last edited:

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
I am sure Flyin's knee will just be the usual treatment, Clunk 'em Comben was a little different from a usual situation. Estrogen has done the trick but if Charlie starts blardy crying if we don't kick the ball to him we may need a different approach:p

Oh stop it all, I was joking!! Not about the Estrogen bit of course.
"Clunk 'em" Comben.....that's a keeper.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
l cant wait for Comden and Edwards to put on some bulk . A lot like Ben Mckay did from when he first arrived at the club and now. These 2 along with Larkey could be very imposing for us for years to come..
..View attachment 1192845View attachment 1192849
Automatic red card for "Comden"

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Anvil

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep Bonar was a level above, calm, composed and clean

Thought Lachie Young had a good game also on the wing just attacked the ball hard all day

Menadue another I want to shoutout as he provided pace all day and was very clean same with Lazzaro

Edwards clutch at the end

the vfl boys Harry Jones, Tyler Roos, Heron, Cunningham all looked good. We were able to use Baker as a key back since we now have some key forwards which helped the structure

Comben the most impressive could and should have had another 4 goals yesterday but his attack on the ball also is ferocious. Has to be in line for a debut this week

Young seemed to have a ton of the ball but at the same time lacked poise with his disposals.

He really needs to improve there to be a regular at AFL level.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Rampaging roos

Debutant
Apr 4, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How true😄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back