VFL VFL 2023 - [Rnd11 vs * - Sunday June 4 - 1:35pm @NEC Hangar]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Xerri stiff

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Former Roo to take up player-coach role with VFL team

Former North Melbourne, Melbourne and GWS midfielder Dom Tyson will continue his affiliation with the Kangaroos as he takes up a playing/assistant-coaching role with North Melbourne's VFL team.

Tyson managed 113 games across the three clubs, with his spell at Arden Street seeing him play just the six games over three years due to numerous injuries.

Speaking to Zero Hanger, Tyson says that the deal is all but signed, sealed and delivered.

"I'm 99% there at North VFL," Tyson said.

"I've accepted a playing/assistant role down there, I've just got to sign it (the contract)."

Tyson added that he would be in charge of the midfield in his new role, with his time to be split amongst playing and having the occasional gameday spent as just a coach.

"It'll be playing and midfield coach and it's a pure VFL commitment," Tyson said.

"Gameday I can just play and mid-week focus on the VFL midfield coaching role. The commitment could be that I end up playing three weeks and then coaching on the fourth.

"It's a flexible role."

Tyson was delisted by North Melbourne at the end of the 2021 season, joining Shaun Atley, Trent Dumont, Will Walker, Taylor Garner, Charlie Ham, Tom Campbell and Connor Menadue in not being offered a new deal for 2022.

hellas_johnny

Premiership Player
May 26, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Melbourne Hellas
About time the club takes vfl team seriously. Also With previous mention of targeting the young port Melbourne key defender aswell. Would be nice if tc didn't go saint kilda so we could try keep on also. Will walker training with the boys atm, wonder if they might offer him a spot also

received_433433834784239.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve lost Jacob Heron to Southport was good off hbf this year
86DFC2EE-601E-41F7-88C0-A21E2EEE3AA7.jpeg

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
We the talent we have assembled- the vfl will be must watch.
The club needs to televise all matches on their website if it’s not on tv.

100%

for those that either don’t or haven’t had the chance to get to Arden Street - I highly recommend it!!

take a picnic or a couple of drinks and sit on the hill or the bluestone wall for me!

I really love the atmosphere there and it’s a very special place

It would be awesome if we could get a 1000+ at VFL game

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Couple of undrafted players/mature players who I'd be really interested in having on our VFL list. Could look to develop them and take them in the SPP or Mid season if we get an LTI.

Blake Schlensog - Mature age Key Defender
Sam Paea - Key forward, Calder Cannons
Josh Rentsch - Key forward, GW Rebels
Liam Podhajski - Ruckman, Calder Cannons
Jack Avery - Intercepting half back, Perth Demons
Finn Gorringe -Lockdown half back, East Fremantle
Hugh Stagg - Inside Mid, Glenelg
Joel Trudgeon - Inside Mid, Northern Knights
Will Splann - Key Position Player, Tasmanian Devils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad